Monday, 17 February 2014


14 FOR 14 Challenge (GROWING UP_ FEB.)

ADDICTIONS


 




Hello Great Young mind, so how was the day of Love? Trust you guys had mad fun and shared love rather than made it unnecessarily oh :-).  Okay, I am so grateful that we are still here, so can we get talking cause I have a sorta Holy Anger on this post:-). In line with the 14 FOR 14 challenge which I enrolled and joined a while back (if you missed it, please read about it here, and do see my January post here) I have decided to try and relate every post I tender for the challenge with the goal of the”Young and Confused Blog”, as well as the Theme of my Application for the challenge which is "Growing Up". So leggoooo.

Basically growing up has been pretty tough for me oh (Especially since leaving Uni), cause I have been needing to make  most decisions on my own, hustle for independence, try to cautiously, judiciously, calculatively, and mathematically plus differentially and integrationally spend every small money I make (at least there is the joy of independence no matter how small) and even try to take up a few responsibilities. I have become so engrossed in this new found life (like Colombus) that most times, I practically forget that I am just 22. Well, I guess my case is that of A young Man growing up pretty fast, a young man with goals, but also a young man with ADDICTIONS! Now this is a topic which to me is as the deep as the subject of Love, and I was opportuned to write this post just after I indulged in one of the crazy things I have endlessly promised myself not to do again. So much for another New Year resolution failed. :-(

So putting on my Imaginative cap, I imagine that we all have that little tiny Achilles heel which always gets us down no matter how determined we are to stop it, that thing that easily lures us down, that tiny activity that basically brings out the beast in us, that(or in some cases, those) our "NOT SO PROUD OF" activity. Well if my thoughts are correct, then I am glad I am not alone in this battle, and that there is MAYBE  help, just that I haven’t found  mine.  Each time I fall into this my ADDICTIVE TRAP, (just after a series of Motivational Videos and promises to myself) I think to myself:

Is it that this thing is too big an action to ignore, or is it that I am just too weak to overcome?”

Basically I just don’t know! Thinking to myself again I wonder if Maybe it’s something that I was destined to meet in life, some kind of hurdle destined to bring out the best in me.  Well a lot of maybe’s I guess. But one thing I am sure of is that: once we as young people do not destroy whatever Addiction we are entangled in, the Addiction will in some way feed on us like a cancer till we loose something. Trust me, I am loosing.

So my question for today is: Are addictions Overcomeable, or just outgrowable?

I remember a while back when I spoke to a contact of mine about Addictions I faced during my teenage years. He PROFESSIONALLY told me that his belief on addictions were that they would be Outgrown, and that they were more or less not overcomeable. So we had to either wait to grow older or tire off of them. Fast forwarding to Today, I am asking myself: Before time sets in (for we to outgrow them), would we not have already lost a good amount of things? Truth is that most people have this same perspective as my contact above, and I am gradually accepting this perspective,  “as if you cannot Beat them, joining them is PLAN B” as they say. But thinking deeper, I still know a lot of old people in their 50’s who are stuck to addictions they started in their Early 20’s. And I ask myslef, why didn’t they out grow theirs? Or do these Addictions come in classes or varying strengths? Truth is JdB doesn’t know, and JdB needs your help, as whatever helps me get outta this hole, I just can’t wait to practice! That crazed feeling when your WILL dies, your SELF-CONTROL practically disappears, your RATIONALITY becomes as flexible as rubber, and your WANT AND DESIRE just gets the best of you. That crazy thing called ADDICTION. Sometimes I wonder if it’s just me that feels this way.

So for as many who are older, more experienced or have been able to overcome an addiction of some sort, my sincere question is how did you get out? Cause from where I stand, it’s like a Black hole with no End.

Surprisingly this is my first post with no Solution, and it just comes to prove that no matter how many articles one reads, everyone is still vulnerably human. So if you have a solution, kindly drop it in the comment box, or better off reach me. Cause give or take; Addictions if not handled ruin a man no matter how goal oriented. Guess this is my own Mayday!!! call for help. Hehheheheh plus you never can tell, you might just be helping a reader who is as frustrated as me.
 
Finally to all the many out there tired of being captives of Wrong decisions(lemme go a bit gehn gehn on you), put your fist in the air like Mandela, and say Yes I can like Obama, because maybe it is only we ourselves that can give answers to our own problems. #maybe #justthinking

 Have a great Monday wonderful people, and thank you for the pas 7 minutes of your time (hehe 7 is my best number, so I approximate)..

 #Udo
 

6 comments:

  1. Hey!
    Neat blog!
    Will be back to properly read this.
    In the interim, can't seem to locate your regular 'blogger follow widget'. i.e, not the google+ one. It's usually more convenient so readers can have your blog url handy and linked to their own blog. You can install one via your blogger setting. Drop a note, or hit follow on mine, so i can zip back to your easily.
    Cheers bruv!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aight Bro, Started following you already. Wow!! read your blog a while back, and you are a real PRO. I am humbled you stopped by. Will download the widget ASAP too. Thanks. Udo

      Delete
  2. I think they are both
    And it really depends on the kind of addiction
    There are some that you engage in just because you are just a child, and when you grow up, you let go of them, whereas there are those that you have to work tirelessly at before you can overcome them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ms JB thanks, but some just feel really impossible to overcome, its like a freaking magnet. well maybe we just have to wait for time to change them. All in all the feeling of uselessness afterwards strengthens the want to stop, but at thee end, one indulges again. i tire jo...

      Delete
  3. Great post Duru!
    A lot of us have addictions we struggle with. That despairing "I hate myself " feeling you get when you relapse can't be described.
    You wonder "Is this going to be my life forever'? " "Am I not strong enough"."What is wrong with me"?
    I think it's more overcomable than overgrowable though of course it's possible to overgrow it.
    Its just that If it has gotten to the extent that it is to be called an addiction,getting older doesn't make it go away. On the contrary it grows with you,making it even harder to overcome.
    Overcoming is possible. I know people who overcame decades of addiction. And with God it is possible. But even with God the battle to overcome is still constant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funmi, Thank you so much for this comment.. You are a mega inspiration Bubba. :) Aswear

      Delete