Thursday, 15 May 2014

A 19 YEAR OLD WHO GAVE LIFE HIS ALL..







Good morning great Young mind, Yesterday night I actually sat down to watch TV as against stumbling on others watching it, and I can't say what made me turn it on, (as I rarely do so on week days), but I was glad I did. So as I reclined on our seat, I saw a Headline that Read something like: 

"Stephen Sutton passes on"

I didn't know who Mr. Stephen was, but there was emotion in the way the Broadcaster said it. It was like the way someone might have reported the death of Nelson Mandela on the day of his demise. I wondered! This was the post his mother Put up on his motivational FaceBook page in the Early hours of Yesterday.





A brief clip of Stephens life was then shown, and it was there I realized that Stephen was Diagnosed of cancer in 2010, when he was just 15. After being diagnosed, he stated in his clip that he was pained just as every other human being would be, but then he chose to not stay "stuck in the Rot" like Toinlicious would say, but to take on life head on.


So instead of brooding over something that couldn't be changed, Stephen Sutton wrote a Bucket list of the 48 things he wanted to do before his time  would be up. That involved sky diving :) I wish I could crack a joke as I write this, but this is not the Time.




Stephen left this Earth at 19, and before he left, he set a Target to raise a couple of Hundred Thousand Dollars to Fight cancer, he didnt! But instead, he raise a couple of Million dollars, and donated all the proceeds  to the Teenage cancer trust, and became a major source of inspiration to people fighting cancer all over the world.





Stephen Sutton was Young and Confused just like us, but he chose to live every minute of the last 4 Years of his life in the best way that he could. So today, I think we should emulate Stephen and do the same, rather than wait for a countdown to begin living our life.


And this is what People Thought of him:



So this is us at Young and Confused /The Blog/ saying fare well to one of the Greatest Men that ever lived. Age is but numbers, it is the value in our Years that matters.


I LOVE YOU GUYS VERY MUCH. Thank you for being a part of my life.

Signed: Duru John de Beloved.


#Udo

5 comments:

  1. A very inspiring young man. He has lived and achieved what many people triple his age don't manage to do. May God comfort his family and loved ones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen 1+ The One, Thanks for Visiting. I am humbled that you read and appreciated this post. Cheers.

      Delete
  2. I read about his death on dailymail when it happened but I didn't really dwell on it maybe cos of the way it was written.
    The Dailymail should just hire you biko.
    On a serious note,what an inspiring thing to do.To ignore death and chose to make a difference. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lmao! @ Dailymail should hire me.. abeg oh, let them do quick and come oh...

      Truly ehn Funmi, I didnt know about him till i saw it on CNN, and mehn as i sat down on the sofa to listen, it touched me deep within the way he lived so graciously, even when he knew his time would soon be up :(. I pray his soul will Rest in the Peace of our lord GOD in JESUS name. Amen. Thanks Funmi, for stopping by, Please dont go oh! i cannot handle no Run away lofa.... :)

      Delete
  3. I read about his death on dailymail when it happened but I didn't really dwell on it maybe cos of the way it was written.
    The Dailymail should just hire you biko.
    On a serious note,what an inspiring thing to do.To ignore death and chose to make a difference. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete