Thursday, 29 May 2014

From a Troublesome Son, to his Strict Father whom he loves..


 
 

Today I celebrate the Birthday of the most Important person in my life. My human source, my mirror of measurement, my source of inspiration, my biggest fan and follower, my mentor, my disciplinarian (Shoe hit my head tire, plus i will not forget Junior come and kneel down here, and carry this table up.. lmao That thing can pain for Africa sha oooo) my advicer and my friend.

 
The man who believed in me when there was no glimmer of hope that I would turn out any good, the man who had the patience and endurance to think of the troubles I created, the man who had sleepless nights thinking of how to make me and my siblings better humans even at his expense, the man who is the source of my plenty Play play, brains, and every single thing i know. Happy Birthday to You Barr. Adolphus Duru Snr. , you are the Best Dad that any troublesome child like me could ever ask for.
 
I wish you could read this, but having that you and the Internet are neighbours that never really see eye ball to eye ball, I want you to know I love you loads sir, and that each time I argue, I am only trying to be a man, cause i always know deep within me, that you are always right....


Thank you for bringing me and my 3 siblings into this world, thank you for teaching us never to loose hope, even when all hope truly is lost, thank you for teaching us the true value of life. At least all those "is there any tree i planted at the backyard that I pluck money from" words, as well as all the Koin koin shoe you used to discipline us kinda worked smalll :) . I don’t know how you were at 23, but I know for sure that I want to be like you when I am your age.

We love you Papa, may GOD keep you for us.


 
Thank you for the past 7 Minutes of your time, me, my siblings and My Papa are grateful... This man is my Super Hero, he doesn’t fly to save us in times of trouble, but he would if he could.


#Udo

9 comments:

  1. Awww. Nice tribute. Happy birthday to your dad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 1+The One.. We tried our best to make Papa happy. Although i still made him mad at me a little, but what more can I say: I am a stubborn child ;) Thanks for your Time 1+The One, you do us such a huge honor. :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to your Dad. lmaooo the shoes that hit your head *pele*
    mine its that thing the use in stiring garri that landed on my back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lmao. You mean Turning Garri?? Its funny tho, that I still don't know the Onyibo name for "Turning Garri stick" anyways,the name Turning garri stick served just fine.. Thanks for your kind words CPC( Abbreviated your name 😉😉😉) i am humbled by every comment you give.

    Guess the Turning Garri effect helped a lot, cause a 1.1 is no small feat. Cheers xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carry table up? Choi I hate to remember my growing up days! Ah! I was trashed! Ah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haahahahah Amaka, so i am not alone in these sad tales of discipline. :') lmao

      I guess on the long run, all the flogging and punishments made us better people. Thank you so much for stopping by on the YnC blog, I thank GOD it you can relate to this post. Thanks Baby mi, Cheers to more blogging days ahead. #Udo

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday in arrears to your day, many more beautiful days ahead IJN.

    Love this !!

    So now you really need to stop being a troublesome man as a gift for daddy. No more arguments alright!

    Lolzz, great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lmao! I pray oh... :) ;) Stubborness is the only card of relevance I can play in my Game with my Papa. Thanks for your kind wishes tho, Papa will hear. :) **E Hugs **E touching Bory #jokes

      Delete