Monday, 23 June 2014

FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT...




Good morning great young mind, what's the 411? What's the story? How are things over there at your end? To my Jando people: How is Summer turning out? To my Naija People, we know nah ;),  Rain has been pouring Cats and Elephants for a while now, so I hope them Rubber foot wares are still serving oh :). Last week I Jonsed and wore a suede footware to my place of struggle, and I personally felt foolish for myself as I was wading through water with my Big boy suede shoe :( . It was heart breaking. 



So the major question on my mind is How was your weekend? hmnn hmnnn ** clears throat**. Mine was super Awesome oh; did you guys see the match between Bosnia Herzegovina and Nigeria?? Mehn that was a Super match oh, I almost fainted at so many instances of the match, but it was a real crazily fun match, i mean it was Ecstasy all the way. I heard a Line this morning that went something like “Baba GOD is Nigerian” Well yeah Mehn! cause If not for GOD ehn, there is no way we would have won that match, aswear.. @ Edin Dzeko, if you ever get to Read this blog yeah, all I can say to you is: Bros diarisgodoooo, haba! so you want to single handedly give 160 Million people heart attack at the 92nd minute ba? :( Kai, as that Ball hit the wood work yeah, I almost fainted, as in I turned Born again effective immediate :). The match was just awesome.


In the line of the aftermath of the match which we won (my I love saying that ;) ), a lot of permutation, differentiation, and integration has commenced, and the most genuine is that if Iran wins Bosnia by 2-0, and Argentina wins us by even half goal to zero, then Nigeria will not Qualify for the group stage :(, and I am like haba! After that Heart attack match that my BP was almost 300/175 una still dey do this calculation ehn? Nawa oh! I can clearly state at this point, that we have Engineering Mathematics, Calculus mathematics, and Super Eagles Qualification Mathematics. :(


Okay: Fake it Till You Make it…. During the match, I saw the devotion with which our super eagles played, and I was amazed.  I saw Peter Odemwingie Run up and down the pitch for 90 Minutes, Emmanuel Emenike intimidate the defenders like they were his younger brothers (Igbo Kewnu! Hia!! Our Fufu and pounded yam worked oh! :) ) and I  saw Onazi (the glory seeker as usual), take shots at every opportunity he had, but all these didn’t move me as much as a young Novice called BABATUNDE. Permit me to state, that My Father and I are Beefing the Coach for not playing Victor Moses oh! I mean we reigned curses on him cause of that Babatunde guy, I mean who is this guy? This was the first time ever that this young man had represented Nigeria in any event, as he was a Total stranger, an unknown face. And I kept asking myself WHO IS BABATUNDE? Trust Naija Tweetosphere nah, the same Question was trending after the match.



A couple of years ago in the University, permit me to state that I am a graduate of all those people that Climb Electricity poles to fix wires, so we had to read like our lives depended on it to come out of Uni. In one of my courses while in 4th year, I remember a Lecturer of mine who doubled both as my lecturer, and My Dads campus eyes and Ears.  You know that kinda lecturer that would notice if you skipped class, and would peruse your script to see if you underperformed after exams? Well yeah mehn. He was, so I couldn’t afford to screw up. During his lectures, he would look at me intently, as I was one of those who he expected to be in the lineage of Einstein. Trust me, I always refused to fall short of his expectations, and I read for his class like I was preparing for S.A.T. Back then. I vividly remember that I would sit in the front row, and look intently at his eyes, taken notes of everything he said. You see I was such a note taker in Uni,  the kind that if a lecturer picked up his phone and said “Call me back “ to the caller, I would take notes of the time of the call, and the exact sentence.. Yeah I was a Demi geek. But during this my dads friend lectures I always made sure I sat there and Faked it, as  there were so many times that I didn’t understand JACK of what he said, but then I nodded and jotted his words with so much dexterity, that you would think Mehnnnn Engr. Duru is an Einstein oh. *Yimu. 



You see as Humans, our emotions follow our actions, and the positions our life in the nearest present will take, are solely based on the decisions that we make today, and actions we take now. I am learning from life that: as long as we Fake the persona for which we intend to become, we most definitely will become it, simply cause by faking it, we subconsciously create the life which we want. I am also learning that humans have something that other creatures do not have, and that is our Imagination. Our imagination is the only thing that can help us see something even before it becomes, and see things in the past. So to be able to live our Dreams,  our imagination has to take us through the disappointments we face, beyond the fears that we encounter, and above the doubt that we accommodate.



 So my epistle this morning aims at teaching me that if you want to become a Rich Millionaire in the nearest today, a Beauty Queen, A well built individual, A professional, a Lover,  or whatever it may be that we want for ourself, I implore you that firstly you must commence by faking the lifestyle that you want. How? By taking small steps in the Direction for which you dream, by waking up, stepping up, dressing up and living up to the lifestyle you aspire for, the lifestyle of a Millionaire, a Beauty Queen, a well built individual, a Geek, a Lover et al, and subconsciously and unknown to you, you will begin to attract the said lifestyle.


I was listening to Preacher Joel Osteen a while back (he inspired this post to a large extent) and he Quoted from the good book that: 



“Faith is the substance of things hoped for, evidence of things not seen”



And then I thought to myself, how better can we show evidence of the life of wealth, Beauty, affluence and success for which we dream of (Have FAITH to oneday live) as young people,  than by carrying our selves as though we already are what we dream of,  by gradually living our dreams day by day, by choosing to become what we want, regardless of our current position, or net worth.



Hence today, I am learning to FAKE IT TILL I MAKE IT. Live your dreams, and be grateful for where you are. Cause the truth is, the You You are today, is as a result of the you you dreamt of becoming yesterday, and the you for which you took mild strides to become. The you which You Faked Yesterday, is the You that you are made of Today.


As regards my University story above yeah, after the semester, I fell short of an A by 1 mark, and I was so burnt at sighting the result, that I almost cried sef ;,( LMAO Kai the pursuit of good grades ehn someones cries cause of a B.. but when I realized that at so many times, I didn’t understand jack of what the lecturer earlier said in his class, but had to fake it, I was immediately grateful. Sighting the last match, take a Look at Babatunde, I am sure as hell that he was scared in the match against Bosnia, well I saw his fears, cause at so many times in the game, he was totally clueless of what to do with the ball, and loading like a Windows 91 PC lol, but regardless of his fears, I admire the confidence which he faked till he made it, how he stood out, and how he, a once Unknown figure, Trended on Tweeter at his first appearance just by not showing fear, but rather showing confidence regardless the pressure.



Thank you so much for the past 7 minutes of your time, my Prayer for you this week is that your joy will shine like the sun, and that there shall be no event synonymous to night time or an Eclipse to dull your smile all week.. Can I hear an Amen somebody #PastorJdBmode. 



P.S: YOU MATTER! So live the life you dream of. Do not wait for your Dreams to come to you, but rather go to your dreams, and live it every day regardless of what your Account balance is, or what the ladies you walk past by say. Do not wait for Beauty, but live in Beauty Day by Day,  carry your self like the Queen that you are, cause you are Royalty by Creation. I mean your father owns the world, what else do you need to make you believe?




#Udo



I forgot to Add. #EnyeamaForPresident2015 he can save balls, your relationships and even lives :)

20 comments:

  1. Now that's the stuff mehn!!!! Sincerely a lot of times I had to 'fake it' I mean I would thank God for the Bugatti in my garage(no garage), I would thank God for the Guess store I own in France(never been that close), I would thank God for the billion dollar empire I own(just go with me here)..... So I can relate to this.... Faith can do ANYTHING! This is great and inspiring!!!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bubba, I am learning this new Life, and trust me, it has been working like crazy. Recently yeah, the way I work on the streets, I am sure many folks would think I parked a Range rover or a Bentley at the next bend, unknown to them that the only vehicle I have is my Timberland boot. :) but regardless that I am faking it, my confidence and self worth is soaring daily.

      Thank you for stopping by Bubba, you are a real spark in my Blog Life, you know all those kinda Up Nepa commenters, and I thank GOD for the day I met you and Amaka.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. New crush alert!!
    I was a tad tired I couldn't stay up to watch the match, well good thing we won.
    I can totally relate to this post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheheheheh Amaka of Life, what's cracking Bubba? Whats the 411? I Hope the rains haven't been unfair of recent again oh.. **winks. Wait!!! did you say YOU DIDN'T SEE THE MATCH! What!!!! As in, in real life? Why? do you know you are liable to be arrested for not seeing that match? **Wears Angry face. Well truely I thank GOD we won oh, e for no funny.

      heheh Thanks Bubba, for stopping by, My are we glad you can relate to this post, you just gave me 1 more reason to not stop writing. Thanks for stopping by, Cheers Bubba.

      Delete
    2. I was practically the road throughout Saturday. I had to go pick my sis from school in Oyo and when I got back home I had to go to a make up fair at ikeja and I met my blogger friend moby so when I got in I crashed like crashed.
      Trust me I've been avoiding the rains oh.

      Delete
    3. Ehyaaa Pele jo. But I trust you nah, with the way you Frequently update your Blog yeah, I have no doubt that you must be a very X 7 Hardworking Nigerian, I wanna be like you when I grow up oooooo. xx. hope you watched the Argentina match oh! well sadly we lost! **crying in igbo... :(

      Delete
  3. Hello Papi...will check back in 10hrs... :) ...**get writing**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahan Ahan nah Tibs! **Crying in Spanish... Okay I have the perfect Excuse (Igbo boys no dey carry last ooooo) **winks here it goes: I am declaring a 4 days mourning for Nigeria's loss to Argentina, so I will not be posting till next week. (Hows that for an excape route???) I am bad, I am bad ** Singing in Micheal Jacksons voice. and Moonwalking away :) :) :) :) :p

      I will update soon Hopefully Bubba. For now, its all about you and your 1 month on Blogsville. :D xx

      Delete
    2. **awww...** hehe...that's sweet.....now let's come back.....**in obama's voice** You can't just treat the people like that..you can't make them want something and not give them.... hehe.... Mister...you are given 2 days to mourn..... **looks at watch** and your time starts now....hehe...how's you...

      Delete
    3. Grrrrr....**stamps feet and grumbles**.....**looks at watch***...

      Delete
    4. **Hides behind the Refrigerator. Konga, Where is my Tab ohhh???Need to get writing...Tibs nah, I am still heartbroken. Ehen Idea (Light Bulb shining like fire **winks) Tibs, did you know that Babatunde of Super Eagles is injured, he won't play France. Hmmmmnn **crying. I need 3 more days of mourning. It is well oh, I am in Tears for Super Eagles, we have lost our best striker. Please send me your condolence, as I am heart broken **runs back to hide behind the wardrobe... :)

      Delete
  4. Hey, I just came across your blog through your comment on my testimony on 1+The One's post. You're hilarious. Found myself laughing out loud a few times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yipppppeeee!!! for real??? Thanks oh! I am glad to have you here Bubba, and I thank GOD you liked it ""A few times"" :) :) :) **Winks.. Amma go over to ya Blog right away. Hope you will stay oh! I don't want no RUN AWAY LOVER! lol xx Glad to have you here. Cheers...

      Delete
    2. Lool. Thanks for stopping over on my blog.

      Delete
    3. You are welcome Bubba. Tomilola, you are a Fantastic writer, and your Vlogs are totally on point. Infact, I want to be like you when I grow up Tomi, you are super talented. :) :)

      Thank you for being here, you are giving me 1 more reason to keep writing.

      Delete
  5. Just passing by o...#speechless diva. OK now am staring, wanna say helloooo. Don't mind my silence am such a bush girl cos I don't watch football *covers face. I think that's d reason for my speechlessness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehe @speechless Diva. Lmao. You can make me laugh for Africa ehnnnn Temi.

      BIA wait oh!!!! Did you say you don't like soccer??? **wears a straight face hian!!! woman, you must start to watch it oh, me will personally make sure of that. **winks. Thanks for stopping by, we really missed you on the YnC blog, and i have not been eating well since you abandoned me.. **crying in French. Thanks for stopping by again, **Wears a super excited smile., you always give me a reason to smile from my heart Temi. E- hugs Bubba. :)

      Delete
    2. Hehhehee @I have not been eating since you abandoned me. OK don't mind me hun, I have repented * wears a big smiling face.

      Gonna try and love soccer like other humans * haaha
      Aii dear, thanks for your kind words. Do have a blessed day

      Delete
  6. i kept my fingers crossed the whole time and for the life of me that always works! and the Argentina match was good too i wasn't worried as long as Bosnia was winning Iran.

    I love Joel Osteen! i have almost all his podcasts and his jokes are always funny.
    btw thanks for dropping a comment while i was away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ehn!!!!! Changing Post Codes.... I can not believe this. Am I seeing tripple??? **washes Eyeball with🍦with Jik... Its really you oh.Where have you been woman??? You had me soooooo worried. Cause of you, I haven't been eating, sleeping, or been productive. Na so so think I dey think cause of you. Ahan nah CPC, its so not fair 2bh, don't leave me like that again pleassssee **wears my cutest face... What happened? Where are you? Where were you? I was so worried. I am glad you are alright.

    Oh yeah, you like soccer??? Heheh I put it to you, that section 4 subsection 19 states and I quote that ""That is so cool"" ahan nah, you should have crossed your fingers for the Argentina match, its cause you didn't that we lost **folds hands and looks away.

    About comments, how many did you see? I was so worried, I left like 3 comments earlier, but they all seemed to not publish. Thought you had left blogsville, but I couldn't give up on one of my favorite Bloggers, so I kept checking. You are super special nah, no one can give up on CPC. ** winks. Welcome back Bubba, please don't leave me alone again. Please, biko, Jo... We missed you here. :(

    ReplyDelete