Monday, 9 June 2014

The Hour Glass.




WHY? Life through my eyes is a growing imbalance. Day by day, I get more immersed in my unresolvable confusion. I wonder why stuff happens, I wonder why things are just so sad, I wonder why life is just so dang hard, I wonder why the best is served last at parties, and most of all; I wonder why those who deserve to stay and live the longest, those with a seeming Heart of gold, those with so much love for the Universe and humanity, I wonder why they are most hurt, I wonder why they are often times the first to go .


Over the weekend, I was immersed in thoughts of the Big WHY, as I couldn't stomach the fact that THE Dora Akunyili who we all loved and respected so much had left us. The news came to me as a shock, as I read it on one of my mentors (@debolaLagos) Instagram page. And then Questions hit me from left, right and center, like I was in a Boxing ring. “Is good ever worth fighting for?”  “Is there any real reason to life for, and work for Humanity?” is this life really worth living, when at the very end, you will be blown away as chaff?  “Is there any true value in actually pursuing change especially in Nigeria?” I pondered on these questions, until I got to Ikoyi (You see I was going to grove, but this bad news dampened my spirit) :(


I was but in Secondary school when Mrs. Dora was D.G of National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, and we saw things, We read things, We saw how much of Titan she was, as she fought so hard against all those Ndi 419 and other Nigerians and international criminals who tried to poison others in the name of making profit through importing and marketing poorly manufactured, and processed food and drugs items, as well as importation and sales expired items. Those days, we would look at all those cartons of indomie, and milk, and all the Orishishi being burnt in the eyes of the Public and say when I grow up I go work for N.A.F.D.A.C, free food dey there wella :p. I was awed at her steps. I said to myself time and time again, I want to be like her someday, to stand for the RIGHT. I thought to myself, that as long as she could stand against injustice, and create the change she wanted, then we all could. I had Hope in NIGERIA.

We all know the rest of the story, she went on to became the minister of Information. I mean wetin concern Pharmacy with Information? but oh well, welcome to NIGERIA, the home of impossibilities :). So I kept on in my silence. And then Finally, I always thought she got too ambitious by resigning to run for Senator, but I guess that's what working in NIGERIA government does, it destroys your worth kinda. So in an Over Ambitious way, she ran for Senator against Ngige and then she lost. So she was neither here nor ther, Neither Senator, nor mister.. She fell. That was the very end of my Dora, my role model, my epitome of Justice, as she just went AWOL.


It’s sad that she had to go, but in the light of her passing, I have come to understand that life as we know is an Hour glass. One that never gets broken, nor gets stuck, one whose values can never be miscalculated, but is always spot on accurate, and one which keeps running, till it cant run anymore. And sadly, at the very end, when the sand runs out great young mind, no one can refill it.

In the light of this knowledge, I implore you great awesome reader to give your heart to whatever you want to do all time every time, hold nothing back, but take from this life everything you can. I mean, if you choose to sweep the streets, then sweep them with all your heart, if you choose to be a Banker, then give it all you have got, if you choose to be a Doctor or Nurse, then serve your Patients and humanity with all the love you can muster, if you choose to be Engineer, refuse to compromise on Quality. Cause at the end, we will only live once, so when we are at those last hours of life, which would you prefer? Do you want to regret all the great things you didn't do, or laugh at the foolish things you did, and say "That was just plain stupid". Do you want reminisce on the great things you did, and tell the tales of how great they were to anyone who cared to listen? The Question all boils down to You. Cause it wont be about as much awards as you won, as much as about how many lives you made better, and how much value you added to this world. What do you want to be remembered for? I look at the above picture of Late Dora, and the previous ones, and think to my self that someday we all will be that frail, someday, we all will go, cause life as we know it is a withering rose.


Thank you so much for the past 7 minutes of your time, You do me a great honor with your kind words, comments, shares and Views. 

May the soul of Mrs. Dora Akunyili, and all the faithful departed through the mercy of GOD rest in peace, May their souls rest in peace, Amen.


P.S: I saw a head line about one of the Chibok girls who said she was raped 15 Times daily or something. I couldn't muster courage to read about it tho... Its sad, this world as we know it is self destructing, thats the only reasonable explanation. Can we just go back to the begining? I only wish we could. GOD help us.


#Udo

15 comments:

  1. Row row row your boat
    Gently down the stream
    Verily verily verily verily
    Life is but a dream

    I can go on and on about Dora and I would run out of space. Imana once upon a time because my mum was strict, I thought that I was adopted and Dora was my real mum and one day she'll come for me. I used to write Dora Akunyili as the name of my mum. She was my idol, she was my everything.... Immediately she got into politics, a part of me died. I wish she could just retire into lecturing but alas! She went on to contest against ngige.
    When the picture of my Dora emerged online and she was looking frail, I wept.
    Well, the worse has happened. I can only wish her soul rests in peace and the souls of other faithful departed too.
    Sleep on ODOZIAKWU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Dear. She was a True ICON, but i still believe she would have lived longer if she stayed out of the dirty game called Politics. It is sad that she had to go, I wonder if there will ever be another like her tho :(. Oh well, Sadly, life has to just go on. It is well.

      Hey, do you know you are a very blooming writer? You have a great way of pulling ones attention, thats a gift Amaka. I am sorry, work is a bit somehow ATM. i will be at your BLOG soon to properly analyze it! :) thanks for the support already, and for all your comments. You do us such a great honor. Cheers xx

      Delete
    2. *swoons* me kwa? I've lost my writing mojo self. I wish I could write as well as you do *bats eyelashes *
      Dora my Dora. Each time the tears wants to drop I tell myself Ebezina. Politics is for those with strong otumokpo oh

      Delete
    3. Lmao. You ehn.. You just keep cracking me up :) :) :). Your comments always bring me joy unexplainable. lmao. thanks Bubba. Abi oh! Politics na for person wey chop belle full.. **Smiles. Thanks for the hype. All i can say is IFAYE!!!

      Delete
    4. Hahahahahahaha I hear you. I understand you don't want to blow your trumpet, never mind that's why am here

      Delete
    5. :) Thats very encouraging Bubba, Thank you. I thank GOD oh, as I am basically trying to try. My am I glad I met you. You give me an additional reason to write.

      Delete
  2. Her passing is really sad. However, that's life for you. The Bible said it in Psalm 103:15, 16 - Our days on earth are like grass;like wildflowers, we bloom and die.The wind blows, and we are gone— as though we had never been here.

    I also have a post on my blog that could interest you - http://scarletxianne.blogspot.com/2012/10/treasures.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Scarlet. Life is so looonnnggg, but yet so short. All we can do is live in the moment. Thanks for stopping by the YnC Blog. I am smiling ATM. :)

      Delete
  3. Mehn I just read this article and it broke my heart.... That's why I tell people this - whatever you wanna do.. Do it now and do it right cuz Tmr is a privilege and not everyone has it..... Great article...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tibs, I am glad you could relate to this post. Of a truth, Tomorrow is a previledge, and not every one has it. I pray GOD helps us to live everyday like its our last.

      Read your post about the 50% off palm reading thingy. I laughed like mad. I think I need a bucket list too,oh. Lmao. Thanks for stopping by Bubba. Cheers to greater days of blogging.

      Delete
  4. Still so sad
    May her soul continue to rest in peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Mama... Welcome back, hope you are fully back oh! :) :) :), no more long breaks...

      Delete
  5. Hmmm this post pierces deep in the heart 'life is indeed an hourglass". So many hero's have fallen and I wish we can just chain death forever but God only have the power for that.

    May she RIP..so sad, a beautiful and powerful woman is gone !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Temi, I wish we didnt have to Live to die... I guess thats how life creates a kinda balance.

      Amen to your prayer, It is truly a great National Loss. Thanks for stopping by Bubba, I am wearing a very Cute candid smile cause of you oh :) :) :) :p

      Delete