Monday, 14 July 2014

B+ Hope dies last...





My phone rang, and just before I picked it up, I was opportuned to take a look at the time on my Old school Nokia screen, it read 8:05 AM. Having that it was my number 1 super hero, my Dad, my "Junior if you don't pick this call, your own e haf finish papa". I answered it hastingly.  Upon answering it, the words from the receiver sent chills down my spine, and resounded in my brain over and over again, all I heard was 

""Junior come home, the house is gone, we have lost everything, there has been a fire".

I couldn't understand, I mean it was the very same house I had slept the night before, so I got a rain check from the office, called my brother, and off we went. You see I was but a 20 year old  Young and Confused intern trying to understand life, but now, on this day, I am a homeless, clothless and thoroughly alone 20 year old Young and Confused Boy. 

I got on a bike from Victoria Island and headed for home, or would I say what was left of home. Upon getting into Festac, the skies were eery, and there seemed to be a thick cloud of smoke, doubt, pity and pain, and just as I alighted the bike, I saw my Dad at a corner wailing, I saw our neighbor from whose place the fire had started crying, I saw my 2nd girlfriend ever waiting to show me love, I saw the entire human beings and UFO's in Festac all echoing the word that makes one cry even more than the incident itself, all I heard were ehya... ewo... kai... and I went to our home, the very structure i had grown up in, met my first girlfriend in, and done my everything in life in, It was all gone. As I worked in, all I saw were rubbles of all we once had, I cried, Dad cried. You see today was the 20th of January 2012



The coming days weren't tough, they were hard. We had lost everything, and all we had were the dresses we wore, my laptop, and a scanty things papa could save as he was home alone. We seemed to have gone from Hero to Zero, from grass to pit. Sadly even nature was unfair, the rains had no mercy on Dad, Ash and I, as it poured again and again. We had no where to go to, this was ours, we had no where else in Lagos to stay. Back then yeah, most times when the clouds turned grey, and heavy with rain, I would go outside look up to the sky, and pray to GOD with close to watery eyes, begging him to lock the skies so it wouldn't rain (oftentimes, this worked), I would beg him that we couldn't again stand letting the only vita-foam bed we saved float on water, or survive the cold. That we couldn't survive the mosquito bites, I would beg GOD, the same being I had at that time become so angry and belligerent towards, for letting an evil that we didn't deserve fall upon us. I shouted at him, blasphemed, and was so bitter. But my Dad, hmmnnn, my dad took things cool. You see papa isn't the rich Nigerian man, but he is one who never quits, who loves GOD, and who knows that truly GOD is all we ever have. He once looked at me and Said "Junior if we didn't die then, we will never die again." :)

Good morning great Young mind, how are you and how was your weekend? hope things turned up for you oh, and that you had a fab weekend? Well the reason for my story above is not to seek sympathy, nor is it born out of self pity, but it is written to encourage you. You see life is bloody hard, and she will always aim at  beating you to the ground and keeping you there permanently, she will always want to make you feel doubt in you having a future, and in the very existence of GOD, and make you feel life is worthless in all entirety. You will sometimes loose everything like we did, loose those you love, those you love and respect will treat you with total contempt and disregard like you are a worthless piece of trash, you might get laid off, you might fail examinations which you think determine your future (Trust me, I did). But the truth is, life is teaching me that these are all replaceable things given to us by GOD, or events that can be corrected with time, only if we don't quit or give up, so I beg you to never loose hope in GOD or in you, I beg you to let your hope die last. 

On 20/1/12 my tire met the road, shit got real, we thought it was over, in my eyes my future was gone, my mind told me my final year would be a total flop, but it didn't happen as my emotions had predicted, or as my mind was tempted to believe,  GOD was still GOD and made things better. By his grace, I got an A in my SIWES, my Dad didn't die, but got stronger and, Ash started a coy, You see, we are still here. 

Things aren't still perfect for us yeah, but GOD has made the fire an incident that we can always turn back to and say: 

"if GOD did that for us when we lost everything, then what will he not do for us".
 
This Monday morning I implore you, to not let life defeat you, but to keep keeping on no matter the hardship you face, i beg that if you are going through hell at the moment, and you think nothing in your life is working, please don't quit, cause that's just your Rubber meeting the road, that's just life trying to mess with you, and make you not achieve your destined height. Life is teaching me that the more tribulations and pains we face, the bigger the destiny ahead of us is. So don't quit, but pray, work, and hope, climb your way out of hell, keep believing in GOD, and struggle. Don't Quit no matter what, don't let life defeat you. cause at the end of everything, everything will be alright, so if everything is not alright now, then you are not at the end. 1 + The One has turn me to acting Pastor, and Partial Born again... :)

Thank you so much for the past 7 minutes of your time you do us a great honor. (a coursemate said this is becoming a Rhetorical statement, well I beg in the name of MTN, that you just use your church + mosque mind to read my long epistle, after all they don't call me John de Beloved for nothing) 


looking at the picture above, i don't know how we did it, i swear i don't. It can only be GOD. 

P.S: A very happy Birthday to one of the bestest bloggers I know, I mean this wonderful writer is almost as consistent as BellaNaija and Forbes, and I am so humbled to know her in person. Happy Birthday Amaka Seyon Hundeyin, I pray that as you grow older Today Baby mi, you will have many more reasons to celebrate, and that your beautiful blog will be like a Nigerian police mans torch light that will keep shining rays of light on the path, for me and other young and confused people to see road. :)

P.P.S: Remember I told you guys I met a girl, well her code name is T.S  and I was unable to speak or meet with her all weekend :(, she has been very ill... Shey all of you see life has started again??? now that I have managed to see someone i finally like, it wants to put sand sand inside my Garri, but like I advised above, I ain't quitting on this babe, we gonna spark something hopefully. She doesn't know I want to toast her sha oh, we are still forming brother and sister. You know nah, Igbo boys movement, no dulling. :) #hopeful

P.P.P.S: So those yeye Germans won the world cup **Crying in Spanish... In the words of tibs.. Grrrrrrrr... I felt so bad for my Twin Brother Messi. Oh well 2018 isnt too far.

Can I say I love you guys? Thank you Ms. Janyl, thank you everyone. Your wonderful comments and page views give me one more reason to keep writing, and in the voice of Terry Gee... BABY/BOSS DON'T GO OH EH! IF YOU LEAVE ME I GO DIE OH EH!. In the voice of Toinlicious: Please does any one know where Daddy showkey is? I kinda miss his style of music, and I miss dancing garala... **runsaway, I have to go, its monday, and I dont want to hear like I heard last Friday... "Mr Duru are you alright this morning". :(




Cheers.

#Udo

28 comments:

  1. Lool..
    Aww, at your story/testimony! As long as there's life, there's hope. And as lonmg as you've got God in that life, you are sorted!
    mehn, I'm liking this TS story/progression already :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 1+The One, You are a super awesome Person, and I am always thrilled and excited when i get a notification for your comments, You know its like that Up NEPA feeling :) :) :). I am grateful you made out time to PATIENTLY read our long epistle. Thanks Bubba. Truly, as long as there is life there is hope :)

      About the T.S Story, Hmmmnn Bubba, I am already getting tired oh, the whole process is just rather complicating, its like playing Chess. :(. You know I just wish we could just have the name of our soul mates written on some Book, and then when the time is right we just go Date her, Marry her, have loooootttttssssss of Kids, and live happily ever after.. This searching for the right one is serious business oh... Right now sef, i wonder if I will have the patient to wait and check if she likes me, cause on some nights like last night, I really dont get how Women think.... :( :( :( Thanks once again 1+ The One, for always being here for us. **wears my Mr Nigeria Smile...

      Delete
  2. He once looked at me and Said "Junior if we didn't die then, we will never die again." :) -- this brought tears to my eyes, I remember when my family had denounced me, my best friend then (May her soul rest in peace) told me this 'Erniesha Victoria (my supposed father's name), If you do not die today as you sign these papers to change your name, You will NEVER die again'....and here I am...I am happy for this testimony, it is a testimony to me.....Looking at that picture made me remember when my heart burned to the very grounds upon which I walk on....It wasn't an accidental fire, I set that fire on purpose to be able to move on in life and prepare for whatever may come my way....mehn...I am happy for you Duru...May God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Tibs, and you too... There is something about your comments yeah, they are always out of the Ordinary, and have such expressive content that makes me just have GOOD kinda chills. I tell you Baby mi, your comments are as inspiring as your posts... xx.

      This is the second most painful thing I have ever gone through in my 272 months, (and let me just say this Expressly Tibs), you gave me confidence to pour out my heart here yesterday, and hope that I could make 1 life better. I saw how I was inspired by Visiting T.T.T, and I just wanted to try. So Thank you Bubba, you are an AWESOME by Nature kinda Chick. :)

      I am Thankful to GOD that you can relate to this post Ernie, hopefully, the worst times of our lives are behind us forever.... May your Best friends soul Rest in the Peace of Christ. Amen.

      Cheers Bubba, and Thank you for always being here. You give me a sense of Motivation to do better, and be better... :) You are special Erniesha Tibs, very special. :p

      Delete
    2. **smiles**....mehn....you are blessed...I dunno what else to say mehn....buh I am happy....Can't wait for a new post....**you better get writing**...hehe

      Delete
    3. In the voice of Phyno and Olamide... **Ghost mode, you no go see me.. :p

      Delete
    4. Knock Knock*****....**banging on the door**....Give the people what they want.....!!!!...hehe....hows you papi?..

      Delete
  3. I think am high or tipsy on whatever but I see my name there. Thanks Udo, Chukwu gozie gi and erm I wanted to type something but I can't remember again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehehhehehe Birthday Geh... Bia Amaka, you never fail to crack me up sha... lmao. Sha groove small small oh **winks, I hope you had fun though? HBD once again to my very special Amaka, who opened the door, and brought all these special Bloggers to the YnC Blog. Cheers... ** Big Hugs. GOD bless you too Baby mi, cheers.

      Delete
  4. Thank God for your lives, this is inspiring. He said he won't give us more than we can handle, and am always nagging about how my life is..this is a motivation tho.
    I am pained cos Germany won..lol
    www.tosyne101.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yippppee!!! Beautiful Tosyne is in the building, Thank you for coming back :).. I almost had High Blood Pressure thinking that you wouldn't come back oh, I fasted, prayed, went to the top of zuma rock, and hoped you would come back and visit us soon ;). Thank you so much Baby mi.

      Truly, GOD will never give us what we cannot handle, life has taught me that. It is sad that we don't know the enormous value of the great or little thing in our hands till we lose it :( So please be grateful for Today Bubba, and be Hopeful for Tomorrow. :). Thank you for this inspiring Comment. If you see the way I am smiling right here ehn, You would think my Fiance just said yes to my Proposal. :) All because of you.. xx About Germany winning, My Dear I almost cried oh, mchhheeewww Those germans and their Pride. well sha, wetin concern me, na their luck.

      I use MTN take beg you oh Tosyne, please dont leave me, or if you will leave me, you have to give me 6 Months notice ahead, or I will sue you to the Blogsville high court... **wears my Mr. Nigeria smile...

      Delete
    2. Heheheh you are such a nawti guy *winks*

      Delete
  5. I read this earlier, I couldn't bear to write a comment because I was in tears.
    I may not know how much pain you had to go through but I know what it means to feel like you've lost your home.
    A thief entered my house back when I was living in Hungary and raided it. My IDs and passport were also stolen so I couldn't even use the banks.
    I couldn't eat food for days and everyone thought my world had crumbled. I would walk on the streets aimlessly and just cry myself to stupor. Friends said I was no more "fun" to be with. I learnt to just take it in day by day hoping on the same God that allowed my home to feel like the strange place that brought nothing but pain to bring hope.
    I can tell you that although losing everything like you did cannot be compared to my case, I knew pain and hopelessness. I was depressed but I still remembered to trust in God.
    But that particular situation changed my entire life. Now I can say categorically, if you do not give up, it can only get better.

    It was such a nice read when I saw this here. I am loving your blog more and more.
    I just hope I can filter through all the girl talks sometimes :)
    You know I've been wanting to give you a little tip on that, If you are less desperate (or at least try to manage the desperation), you will find a good one sooner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) hmmmnn Blog Mother, I read this comment over and over and over and over again last night. It touched me from different angles, and I smiled a very sincere smile, cause it had such expressive contents that made me feel I wasn't alone, and that I never had been. Thank you so much for this, and I thank GOD first of all that you overcame the pain and depression of the Hungary Experience, and I thank GOD that you who matters the most to us here could relate to this post **smiles. This line from your comment broke me, and had me thinking deeply: ......""I learnt to just take it in day by day hoping on the same God that allowed my home to feel like the strange place that brought nothing but pain to bring hope......"" I so second that, as its true all the way.. I think at the end when we realize GOD is all we have, we will know certainly that GOD is all we actually EVER needed.

      Thank you so much for this Wonderful Comment Ms JB, we will forever hold it close to heart. Truly life is just empty. Hmn hmn.. ** Clears Throat, about my Woman Tales. hehehehheeh Okay, I think I just enjoy the thrill of desperation sometimes, you know the adrenaline surge, and the adventure that comes with it.. But you know what they say, ""Oftentimes, Parents are always right"", so i give you my word to try handle my desperation in a better way.. **Winks

      P.S: Thank you Ms J.B (my wonderful Blog mother), for everything. I hope you get to read this.. Right now yeah, I am looking back at 30/12/13 when I sent that message to you on Facebook about not being where I hoped to be, and I am looking at Today, and at this Blog, and all I can say is Thank GOD that I met and know you, and Thank you for being such a great source of inspiration, a rock to always lean on when I feel I cannot take another step. You are Wonderful by Nature Ms Janyl, aswear. xx

      Delete
  6. I couldn't comment on this post when I read it, like your blog mummy, I was too overcome by emotions. I can't begin to imagine what it's like to start from scratch like that, all I can say is God proved his faithfulness. I'm so glad you're all ok and the glory of the latter is greater than the former.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ada, GOD really did, and thinking of it, all I can say is #ItcanonlybeGOD. Thank you so much for visiting the YnC blog, plus your mail was very inspiring. Trust me It touched a part of my heart that only a few have touched. :) and my colleague has received it.

      Please don't leave us oh, If not i will call Police for you, in fact I will tell my Mummy for you if you leave me... :(

      Delete
    2. Lol! Won't leave you Nkem :-)

      Delete
  7. Awwwww God works wonders. Sometimes when things happen to us we get devastated not knowing there is a better plan for us.
    Pele dear, I can picture how the family felt during that horrible moments but it's a wonderful story to share today...tears all dried up and infact more beautiful days ahead. Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, GOD really works in amazing ways... Thank you so much Bubba, The Idea of this post was to encourage someone, I just pray in my heart of hearts that it has. I hope it touches that 1 person its meant for.

      P.S: You are a real softy at heart, hope you know? Funny thing is that you are gradually making me one too. you need to see how i run to your Blog for tips. **winks issorait.

      Delete
  8. http://seyonhundeyin.blogspot.com/2014/07/lyrics-of-day_17.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://seyonhundeyin.blogspot.com/2014/07/i-have-been-tagged.html?m=1
    I tagged you

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry about what happened, Duru - Thanks for sharing such an awesome testimony (Testimony like yours always strengthen people). "if GOD did that for us when we lost everything, then what will he not do for us" #word. May the good Lord always protect you and your family, and give you a billion reasons to smile. Thanks for sharing this post because you don't know how many people you have encouraged :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen YT. I know this reply is coming really late, but Amen. Thank you so much Bubba, and I thank GOD cause today, he has given us hope and a smile :).

      Delete
  11. Damn! God never leaves his people stranded. As long as there's, there is Hope!
    God bless you 4 this post... I was blessed.
    Btw, if you write like this as an acting born again, imagine the sermons you'd give when you finally accepttl christ. Hehe! I ve decided to join 1+theOne in prayers (m sure she's praying) for your salvation o. Yes jnr, you aff enter...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheheheheheh Thanks Peace. Pray wella oh! :)

      Delete
  12. This brought down tears but still found a way to make me smile.
    God bless you big!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Vira, Thank you soooo Much for coming over to the YnC Blog Bubba, we do hope you will stay **Wears Mr. Nigeria Smile. :) PPPllleleeeeaaaasssseeee....

      Delete