Monday, 28 July 2014

THOU SHALL NOT COMPARE!



Goodmorning great young mind, how are you? Hehehe this has got to be one of the most comfortable posts I have put up in months, and I am like yeah mehnn...  I mean I am in my room, comfortably sitting on my bed, legs crossed,  with Tye Tibette playing on the Background, and me smiling :). Mehn its on days like this that we just say GOD bless Ishmael for choosing to beget Islam… In fact GOD bless Mohammed too for this Holiday, but Thunder fire all those Oniranu Boko Haram people oh! :( Did you guys here of the bombings at Kano? And I am like WTH! Nawa oh...

So with Joy in my belly, and butterflies in my mind :) and then from the utmost bottom of my heart I say: Thank GOD its Monday baby. You needed to see the smile i wore as I put my alarm on Dismiss and cozily went back to bed earlier on, but hey I livè on Auto drive, so i woke up 27 minutes later :(… And I am like Yeah mehnnn no 8-5 today :)… So how was your weekend? Trust it turned up perfecty for you eh? Well mine was super. My Sister of life is back, so you needed to see me Lounging while she did the cooking. Hmmmnn This is the good life… **Sips invisible cup of chocolate, however I will miss stealing Meat while cooking oh in the name of Testing to check if it haf done.. :) But oh well, all is fair in love and war.

So last week was crazy eh, I had nothing less than 8 meetings in which at most of them I was been yelled at, and I am like #lobatan, I will not kill my sef sha oh. Later on one of those evenings, precisely Wednesday, I got home and was just on my own, you know, replying comments, checkingout blogs et al when I got a Facebok message from one of my mentors and friends back in the university. You see This guy was my friend and Partner in Reading from Morning till Night in the University, his brain was like an 80 Gb flashdrive, he can readdd... kai. In his message, he sounded really excited, and as I like to do Amebo nah lmao, I quietly stopped responding to comments and replied his message. He was like "Duru you need to see this, OMG these guys are bloody rich, they are top shots now et al " You see ehn, as an Igbo man, any statement that has both RICH and money makes is ofHigh priority, you know, Class 3 CTU level, and it makes my hair stand :). In the words of Black Santa clause rapper  AKÀ Rick Ross... If You aint talking money, you talking nonsense .. heheheh. He then told me about a set of twins who were earlier our course mates at IMSU, but had luckily for them found the key to success. About how things had turned up for them, as they now worked with a mega big USA company affiliated to Myspace.com, how they now travelled around the world, how they had earlier formed a social networking platform that had over 1,000,000 registered users tò date, and how they were now living in California and not just living but LIVING. He then sent me me a link to their LinkedIN profile, and my was it true, these one time Crazy geniuses were Living the life, and my were they Big. Truth is, I don’t know if all those stuffs they wrote on their profile were True, JdB why are you hating now? but at least their pictre was, as their skins glowed like the sun, and they radiated cash… In the words of an Igbo Trader, ""Nwanne Le Ego" I said to myself. Well in our usual manner, we ended the chať with our usual ""dont give up on your dreams"" ""dare to dream"" and the ""we shall shake our Generation quote"" lines, and then I went back to blogging, and he sharp sharp sent them a request on linkedIn. Hehehe I have very ambitious friends oh. Yep We bad like that... :)

Later that night, I found myself lost in thoughts, thinking about how comfortable those guys had grown to be, how they must have all the girls they wanted at their beck and call, how they must have made their First 1 million Dollars, while guyman still wakes up by 4AM daily chasing his first 1 Million Naira like his life depended on it, and I just subconsciously found myelf comparing my life with theirs. Gradualy, I started to feel those feelings of Negativity, envy, anger and not being up to par, and usually, when I am in that mode, I get all sad and my first medicine, is usually to write to my Blog mother and mentor: Ms Janyl Benyl, andcry to her about not being where I want to be et al. She is awesome by nature ehn, and always knows what to say Yep! she smart like that.... I thought to myself that I wasn’t working hard enough, nor studying enough to attain the level of life that they had, and then it hit me, that these guys are not me, neither am I them. They are at the point of life where the Master has destined for them to be, living their Blue print of life, striving for the excellence destined for them, and that I was seemingly doing the same on my own lane. I  realized that no matter how hard I tried, I could never be them, and they couldn’t be me either.

So those thoughts inspired this post, and made me write this epistle. Life through my eyes is an inbalance, and life is teaching me that... 2 people can never have the same things at the exact same time, nor be at the exact same level in life, but each man could only have as much as he needed at every given time. So many times when we see or read the success story of some people (esspecially those we know), about how successful they have become, or we see that old class mate who is now married to one very successful young man like JdB :), and you arent yet, or you see that beautiful woman with her army of kids, while you are still hoping on GOD for yours, or those your padis have that fat paying job, while you still hustle to get one that will meet your everyday needs, and you feel a bit slighted, I want you to knw that we all do. You see its a natural human inclination to feel that way, to want to be like others, to want to be where others are et al, but i beg you to remember the THOU SHALL NOT COMPARE LAW. I dont know about you yeah, but the sin (Yep thats what I call it) of comparison never helps the man in whose mind it is thought. I mean doesnt it make you feel sad, envious, not upto par? Doesn't it make you feel NEGATIVE in all entirety? And Trust me the only place that Negativity is a good thing is on an HIV\STD report :). So this morning, I implore you to aim to be not like another, but to be the best YOU that you can be, to strive to be happy regardless of your feelings of not being where you want to be, but rather appreciate the moment, to let the feelings of unsatisfaction drive you to aim for success in that little area of life that you are, and to be thank ful regardless, cause as my Super Smart Blog mother always says,

""A heart of Gratitude opens doors of opportunities""

Plus in line with the vision 2020 of One + The One to turn me into an acting Born again Brother, let me leave you with paraphrased extracts from John 16 verse 11 (I think oh).

It says: He that is faithful in little, shall be Faithful in much... so Be thankful for that Little in your hands, and watch it grow into a mega Tree, plus like they say, no be who first call police, na him win case, and nobody sleeps at the bus stop, we all get home. Thinking about it, some of my Peeps might have a lot of things, AGBANI girlfriends, big jobs, cars et al.. But I have something that they dont have, I have you guys that makes me smile with every comment and page views, and encourage me to be a better 22 year old, you guys that inspire me with your various blog posts and pictures, and you guys  that make my life more meaningful. Plus a family that supports me. Right now, All these beats any California job jo. :) I said right now oh, not tomorrow :p

So that you dont have that Mega CLAIFORNIA job,or that beautiful Husband yet, or those wonderful kids that you have so longed for, or that ghen ghen Girlfriend :(, or that something you so dearly want, doesnt mean that you will not have it soon. So Keep keping on, and dont loose hope, cause at its time, it will come. Please never forget, Thou shal not compare.


Thank you for the past 7 minutes of your Time, you do us a great Honor with it. My Prayer for you today is that May NEPA not take light, and the Generator of the Hotel you lodge in Break down on the same night as Your wedding Night.

P.S: Congratulations to Amaka on her NYSC posting, I dont  know where she was deployed to yet, but I thank GOD for her, and hope that Sambisa forest is out of the question.

P.P.S: Praaaiiiissssseee tha Lord.. Testimony Time...We got a record 33 comments on the 20 facts about me post, and my GOD I was humbled (Well the 33 includes my Toasting woman replies too but all Join :)) Thank you so much for everything you guys, you guys rock, and make blogging worth the while, you are why we write. **Wears my Mr. Nigeria smile.

P.P.P.S: I met some really cool Bloggers from the last post eh, and I will like to put them out here, please use your church mind to visit their blogs ASAP if you can biko, I will be humbled if you do.

...They include Lhurve.. Mehn this Babe can ffiiinnnne for Africa ehn, plus she takes some really dope pictures... You need to visit her Blog..

Dr. Gbemi..... I lughed so hard when I went over to this Ladies Blog, she is a real definition of a play play fine geh.. I so want to have lunch with her oh. :)

Peace... MEhn this is one of the finest girlss i have seen in all 2014, I used to use style to be zoom in on her picture when ever she comments on one of the coolest blogs in town TTT's blog, and i am like damn she fine... But my Very own Agbani of Life AKA Tosyneís still my numero uno for now, till she dumps me :p.

Mobi: This is one of the most popular Bloggers i know, I mean i have been seeing that name for as long as I have been blogging. I went to her Blog recently, and read Tips on getting Laid, and aswear I laughed so hard.. yall need to go over there. :) aswear you will thank me later.

P.P.P.P.S: I mean its monday, and its the frigging holidays mehn, you guys should have fun oh, and remember that you will never be Young forever, so please stay Young and Confused, draw up a Bucket list, Live, Love, and Flex life... Cheers

P.P.P.P.P.S: If you are in the Northern NIGERIA, abeg just stay in doors oh, and make sure your AK47 is loaded. Cheers. And plaese be safe.

I apologise if there are Typos on this, Nepa took light :( and i hat to swap devices. :) Thanks you guts, for everything. You are why we write.


#Udo.

26 comments:

  1. Awwww... You know what I'm doing with this post.... I'm going to bookmark it, send it to all my friends and then read it anytime I'm beginning to get depressed over nothing. Thaank you so much Duru. As long as you work hard, God will definately bless you. Just keep being you....young and confused. Mwaaah* thanks for stopping by my blog *winks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehehe Thanks so Much Mobi, i am very grateful. Let me give you my Phone number and BB pin too nah so you will send to ALLLLL your friends too lmao. **in the words of Olu Maintain I am looking for a wifey.. :)

      Thanks for your kind words Mobi, GOD bless you too Bubba. You see ehn, you are a very very very BIG inspiration to me eh, i am so glad i met you, True. :)

      Delete
  2. Hehe.....I mean I was smiling and reading this.....I am actually so thrilled with the holidays...okay now back to this post...papi...I used to do the whole, 'Oh God, why is my head too big, why is my nose to wide...why can't I be taller'......and then I met someone who said, 'I can't draw a tattoo niesha because I am so black...you basically need a UV flashlight to see my tattoo'........okay...that was beyond me....hehe...alryty...there is a fine/thin line between the moment you complain bout stuffs going in the opposite direction for you and comparing your situation to another person's.........as humans....we are allowed to complain buh complain to God......I believe that it is only a canal man who doesn't understand Grace that would head a Lets-compare Campaign......For me, when I see someone doing very well in life, I just shake it off and wish them well, I try not to even remind God of my situation (cuz that is another way of telling God, 'God please bless me like you blessed ABC).....Ehrmm, how sure are you that He blessed ABC....I mean I am not psychic right?......So I am so in line with this post and I can relate to it...Nice one papi.....**whispering** by the way even the bible talks bout seasons...we all got our seasons...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehehehehehe Tibs of Life.. my very own Mother hen! **Winks heheheheheheh The Tattoo guy you described above needs Dencia and that Whitelicious bleaching cream in his life eh, haba?.

      Truly ehn, I guess wishing everyone well is the best thing one can actually do at those moments of comparison, i mean be thankful, and wish them the best.. But Ernie you know nah, we are humans, we feel Jealous sometimes, but oh well, how we feel shouldn't justify our wrong actions nah ba? Thank you for this beautiful comment Ernie.. hehehe I like the way you can Easily switch from PASTOR mode to GANGSTER mode... Damn you bad oh! **Winks. Thanks for the inspiring Tips, I am very grateful Bubba. xx

      BTW She replied my Mail oh, and she is getting better. I asked her if she swallowed an apple that her Adam gave to her **Winks, but she didn't, so there will be no 9 months break for now. ;)

      Thanks Ernie, for being there for all of us. :) .....and look who says she wont make a good Mum? **wears my Mr. Nigeria smile.

      Delete
  3. There's God's appointed time for everything and everyone, while waiting its good to seek true happiness in yourself and whatever your hands find to do, work hard, and never compare yourself with others it can lead to depression. Envy is capable of shattering God's plan and purpose for an individual. But then I have never been in this kinda situation so I don't know how I would have handled it but in the meantime thanks for the inspiring post. Wish you great success.
    Lol @numero uno
    www.tosyne101.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehe Tosyne My Agbani Darego of life.. I always wear my Big boy smile anytime your comment comes in oh! i always wonder who I am trying to impress with my charm, you or my Monitor? :).

      Truly Bubba, comparison only brings depression (Trust me, I know), I think that we should choose to be happy regardless of where, or what we are at the moment. :) and truly, Envy is capable of shattering God's plan and purpose for an individual. You see, you have both brains and Beauty. hehhe will You marry me? **PPuts one knee on the ground and wears my Romeo smile. Thanks Bubba for stopping by, i appreciate. xx

      @ Numero uno... **Winks.

      Delete
  4. Duru, you are hilarious and that's one of the reasons I can't get enough of your posts. As human beings, all we do is compare - We need to be tutored on complacency. Comparing yourself to others leave you bitter and empty. So, it is important to be the best man/woman you can be and quit comparing.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said Nne, i find out that each time i compare myself with others yeah, it sucks the tiny juice of positive energy from my lekpa bonga fish body. Thank you so much for your wise words, i will forever hold it to heart. :).

      Delete
  5. Hmmm this post is loaded. It is one lesson I learnt in life. Normally I thank God for myself because naturally I don't compare myself with people rather wen I see someone doing great I am always super excited like it's me but of course when everyone around one is achieving a certain thing in life and if one is left out (even though you are happy) you will definitely feel "why not me too oh Lord!!"

    ....so I realise something that comparism brings jealousy @times hence one should learn to appreciate the way we find ourselves.

    I wrote a post on my blog "A LESSON I LEARNT IN LIFE...." That was exactly how I felt. Before now I look into the miror and make wishes like if only I was taller, look my age (wanted to add weight) but when I took a study about life and people I realised how blessed I was and how I was better than so many people so I have learnt to be very happy with myself. No comparism no matter the condition and yea I don't compare like a said but I always make wishes and wasn't always happy d way I am but the key to life which I learnt is very one of us to love ourselves knowing our own time will come.

    Thanks papi for this post.

    Hahaha @u miss stealing meat. Oya go and sneak now. I do that a lot too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah my Exclusive Temmie, truly everyone is tempted to commit the sin of comparison, I thank GOD that you can relate to this too Bubba. Mehn Temmie you are so on point.. this line of your comment broke me: .....every one of us is to love ourselves, knowing our own time will come... I couldn't agree with you more on this Bubba, it is sooooo true.

      Nne ehn the meat thing e haf tire me oh! can you imagine, me Obereagu, I ate only 2 okay 3 pieces of meat on Saturday, me! Junior!! really? Ussually ehn, i used to eat at least 7. kai, you see this life ehn, Verily verily i say unto you, ""NOTHING LASTS FOREVER!"" :). Thank you for stopping by Temmie, and for your time, and for leaving me on Hangouts :( lmao.. I am most grateful Bubba.

      Delete
  6. You're very correct Duru. My sis says one thing, she says "Every time you complain about something you don't have, you're smashing the little mustard seed of faith you're trying to grow and telling God about how He's not doing His job". You can't tell God how to do his job so, always be thankful. This reminds me of a book I downloaded and read during the week (you should check it too. It's called "acresofdiamonds". I can't remember where I downloaded it. Contact me @ ruleemissy@gmail.com if you can't find it on google, I'll be glad to share), you're looking for something higher elsewhere meanwhile you have what the world is dying to have in you.

    P.P.P.P.P.P.S. I see my name in the blog. You must be ready to go strict vegetarian if you want to have lunch with me as I'm aiming for a table top tummy lol. Don't mind me. Thanks :*

    P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S. I'm a nurse o not a doctor. Except you want to give me a free certificate sha. I'll willingly collect it

    P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S. I say a very big and loud amen to that last prayer. In fact, I'll buy my own inverter and carry it around

    www.buzzedbybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said, and I couldn't agree any less with what your sister says, as she is so correct. I think it is so sad that i and so many like me who frequently commit the sin of comparison fail to realize that we are a TOTAL package, and only need time to be able to able to grow into that great tree that we really are.

      Hehehhehe Vegeterian ni, Vegeterian ko. Wait oh! so you see me finish, and you expect me to sit down and be eating Ugu and green ba? heheh Woman! Woman!! Woman!!! How many times did i call you? No be only Table top, na Plasma stomach. heheheh. Plus Doctor oh, Nurse oh, Whether Jonah swallowed the Fish, or the Fish swallowed Jonah, as long as there is swallow and Fish, then the story is correct. Dr. abi Nurse, all join. Its still Injection and life that both parties are involved with nah. heheheheheh @Inverter, the Lord is your muscle. hehehe

      Thanks for cracking me up this Afternoon Bubba, I am most grateful. You are a real case i hope you know? lmao. you have me ins stitches shaaaa... :) :) :)

      Delete
  7. Duru is my Eminado (good luck charm) immediately you ended the call, phcn restored power supply oh.
    By tomorrow I will know my fate jare.
    On Sunday, my childhood friend came visiting and she was talking about who amongst our circle of friends got engaged, who is married and I was just lying on my bed with my hands under my head. When she was through, I asked her if she was measuring her life by other people's success and I gave her serious pep talk. Many of us define success in terms of material worth hence the rat race kinda comparison and all.
    The basic thing is find and know your personal legend and live it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehehehehe Pele jo! I hope your Fate was a good Fate oh, and not Sambisa Fate, as the Tomorrow you talked about that day, is now the day before yesterday today.. pheeww in I had my self confused by what I just wrote. :)

      Truly Amaka, the sin of comparison is a real Rat race eh, as we constantly try to outshine or out perform others, and they the the same. Remember what they say about a Rat race nah, No matter who wins yeah, the winner is still gonna be a RAT! So on the long run, it isnt worth it. Thank you so much for the kind comment above, trust me i learnt a lot from it.

      About NEPA. hehehehe Finally, all the wiring and Engineering I learnt in school finally paid off on Amaka oh. heheh **Winks. better connect Wire from me to your Feeder pillar so Nepa will not withdraw power again oh! hehehehe

      Delete
  8. Hmmmmmn, nice post sir. Its really been a bad week for me...buh all is well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Eve, how are you? What's wrong? My you have me worried to pieces over here. I hope you are good? I hope you are safe? I hope everything is alright? Please be okay Ba y mi.. please. I just sent you an Email. Please just know that whatever you are going through, this too shall pass, as everything is always but a phase. Do reply me Bubba. Cheers.

      P.S: I will pray for, and with you Baby mi. You know that without you I can't eat, sleep, pursue woman, read nor blog. Please be well Bubba.

      Delete
  9. Hello #DoroDuru *ehrmm that sounded nicer in my head..I nominated your blog fro the sunshine award...please check it

    http://www.mylifeasmoby.com/2014/07/we-won-grammyswe-got-award.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Thank ya! i will pick it up ASAP! :)

      Delete

  10. You are a fun person, its so easy to see that.
    Damn! Bros, you dey write long post ooooo. Wow! Btw, I like the way you write, very easy to read.

    Comparison is the thief of Joy. Period!
    It never pays to compare... I believe we all have the potential for greatness, we just need to convert our potentials into kinetic forces, use opportunities wisely and trust God.
    Compare not! Your time will come.

    Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheheheheh At Peace No vex oh! abeg just use your Church plus Mosque mind to read my loooonnnggg Epistles, I mean they don't Call me John de Beloved for nothing nah.. We have to write long letters. **Winks Wow!! this must be the sharpest comment I ever read oh! it was so straight to the point and direct having so much content as well. I likey :)

      Truly Comparison is a thief of time Bubba, and it so limits us by taking away all form of positivity, and leaving us to Dwell on all the things we don't have, totally forgetting what we do have.

      Thank you so much for your kind comment above, I promise to hold it close to my heart.

      Also, Thank you for visiting the Young and confused Blog Peace, you are making me smile my Mr Nigeria smile right about now eh! please dont leave us oh, we cant handle another heart break, so just know that if you leave me ehn, I will cry eh! I beg you in the name of MTN oh! :( Pretty please... I am gonna hop on to thoroughly stalk your BLOG ASAP. :) Welcome on board Bubba.

      Delete
  11. Duru..When I grow up I want to write like you..feel like copying this whole thing and posting it on my blog--bse I want people to be like when they grow up they want to write like me--its hilarious..your introductory passages always get my belly teething-- I thought I was the only one who wore a smile as I put my alarm on Dismiss and cozily went back to bed. It comes really easy for u---I appreciate your comments always at ririzmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheheheheheheh Ritah! Ifaye! see almighty Ritah that has the ability to make one think from inside out claiming to want to be like me. hheheheheh Whining of the year. :). Truly you are free to repost oh, be my guest, all i ask is that I be referenced, and we are good. :).

      That was a really technical, and thought provoking post on you had on your Blog, it had me thinking. Nice one Bubba, you are a real blessing to Blogsville. Thank you for stopping by Ritah, i always feel this adrenaline surge when I see your comments Bubba. :)

      P.S: You missed our 1 year Annivassary, I made a kind mention of you there Bubba. Cheers to more beautiful days of blogging. :)

      Delete
    2. Nice---Duru-hihihihihihih...reference Yo...1,2,3 More Posts, 1,2,3 More till I lose count of your posts

      Delete
  12. LOL.. It's always refreshing visiting you blog! There's something to laugh about, something to learn and something to just entertain you!
    My born-again brother *wink* I'm proud of you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmmm! @Duru I get moody reading any post that wakes my conscious mind. I've learnt life is meant to be lived till its over. It gets quite messy sometimes but I've always tried to view the brighter side of life. Its been a very difficult second half of the year cos I wasn't meeting d targets I had set for myself but I don't try to compare my progress in life with that of my acquaintances or anyone else. #YOLO

























    #

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really nice piece .. thumbs up admin..from galaxy360magazine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete