Monday, 18 August 2014

The 14-FOR-14 CHALLENGE (GROWING UP_ August 2014) EMOTIONS...








Good morning great young mind, what’s cracking? What’s Popping? Before I say anything, permit me to say Aiiii Zaaa…. Lmao. Its a new slang I officially stole from…. You guys know where nah!.... The Queen Dope’s Blog :p. And trust me, I have been repping it all time every time ever since. So first of, I will not complain about Monday today, so moving on… As I typed this post yeah, I took a look at my hands, and it seems they have become fairer or something! Yep!! Fairer. I mean the sanitation is bloody real, at this rate ehn, my hands will soon become see through oh, as I have been washing my hands with anything that forms lather oh (war against Ebola)! Ranging from Toilet Soaps eh, to Antiseptic soap oh, to Ariel, to Jik, to Hypo, I mean anything. As long as it is slimy and can wash hand, mehn I have adopted it! I mean No body wants to die nah, so we be washing hands like it be going outta fashion, thanks to Ebola wahala. Oya **in the words of Moby.. Chop Kiss and let me give you small Amebo.



Last week was bloody scary for me, shout out to Evey Koko for checking on me eh. Remember I told you guys that I used to do over 250 Press ups, and sit ups in search of the body of a god? Well all I still have is the lekpa skinny lanky body of a coffee drinker :( I mean NO muscles, No Biceps talk less of triceps, and yeah NO!!!! 6 packs. What I however have is a pained spine. So mehn last week was pain for me, as my spine ached like I was 70 and had RHEUMANTISM. Also this danged 8-5 was tough the week before as it was 8Am -8Pm, so last week I started to develop a crazyyyy Fever, and then to put insult upon injury and pour sand sand inside my garri, I had a running Stomach, cause I went to one ROAD side canteen to eat and was forming gangster so I didn’t drink water afterwards.. So Bam! all in all, I had a Hurting spine, a growing Fever, and I was constipated. Mehn you needed to see me, I was under self isolation. Mehn I feared I had caught the Ebola Fever oh, so mehn my room was my solace. I had even started writing my will in my head, you know who would take my shoe, my phone, and my Laptop, and started brooding about how I wouldn’t chop all the money I have been mumuishly saving for the past 18 months. Mehn it was scary like that oh, but thank GOD for GOD oh, and for my Dockitar of life, she just eased my fear by telling me I was fine, as i didn't have the major ghen-ghen symptoms... And you needed to see how effective immediate my health bettered. You see ehn, Fear is a crazy thing oh, it can ill and Kill some one. Once I put a call to my sister (yep I see her for only 3 hours a day), and she said what she said, I got well ASAP. And I am like Damn! But you know how I knew that I wasn’t ill, mehn I was still eating like a lion oh. All those one that they were saying Loss of appetite! Taa!!! for where? In the words of Cee.. **Yimu. Cause me ehn, I had breakfast by 7 am or something all through, so mehn Ebola?? Naaahhhh #PastorJdBmode



The weekend was a very eventful one, as it had me in-between moods. You know I hit a target, did some Labour Job, and then I had time to think. So this morning please permit me to tell you something you already know, Permit me to inform you that YOUR PROBLEM IS YOU. When I was Younger, I think 14 or so, I was chilling in the kitchen with my Mum (are youconfused.com? :)) and we were just gisting. She then brought out a bulb of Onion and showed it to me, think she brought like 3 sev and said,


“Junior humans are like Onions, there is no perfect one. And Just as every onion has a scar, is rotten, torn, or has a faulty inside, so are humans””. 


We all have our issues, our Achilles heels, our personal problems, but the thing is that many of us fail to acknowledge that there is really an issue. We constantly limit ourselves and our lives with our Emotions, our fears, our limitations, our Achilles heel, and our self doubt. We constantly create boundaries in our minds, and justify the reasons why we cannot succeed, or be the best that we can be, by validating our inabilities. We let “BUTS” determine our status in life, and we frequently compare, and measure our success with that of another.



The truth is, growing up through my eyes is bloody difficult, as I often feel I am transitioning from a boy to a man at too fast a pace, but Life is teaching me that we all have OUR own destinies, OUR own goals, and OUR own targets, so trying to live up to the standard of another is only going to make us never satisfied with where we are. Many of us constantly pray to GOD to give us what others have, we envy others, we strive to be just like them, we study them, we imitate them, but each time we let our emotions lead us towards competition, the same emotions gradually pull us further away from our originality, making us nothing but copies. Yep, our Emotions are our Enemies, but sadly we create our Emotions subconciously. ;,( Erniesha Tibs said something to me yesterday, she said, Do not pray to GOD to give you what you want, but rather pray to him to give you what you need. So today I implore you, NO!! I beg you to be you, Do you, and to better you. Do not spend your life as an image of another, cause that way you will constantly be an impediment to yourself, you will constantly be a Problem to yourself, and you will constantly be your own Adolf Hitler (enemy) fighting a senseless war against your own Jews (Talents).



Please LIVE YOUR DREAMS, be the best YOU that YOU can be, and remember that You will die soon, and you will never live forever. but when you die, what would you want to be played back on your Heavenly plasma screen? A life of imitation and self imposed limitations? or a genuine life? My Beautiful Blog mother Ms Janyl Benyl said something to me yesterday (I told you my weekend was packed), she said, no man ever becomes successful by bringing others down, or by striving to outperform another, we succeed ONLY by lifting others up, by learning about how the successful got successful, by having the Humility of heart to learn, and by acknowledging our problems and striving tooth and nail to get better than we were yesterday, and not than another. Permit me to add that our Emotions are Eruptive. Take for instance Envy. Envy brings bitterness, Bitterness brings hate, and Hate brings many many more wahalassss. So if you wanna be happy, make another happy, cause you know this life ehn, You Only Live Once oh!, so when you are gone, what do you wanna be remembered for? In the words of Tibs Think bout it..



The 14- FOR-14 challenge is almost over oh! And I am already feeling sad, I mean its been an avenue for me to just pour out my thoughts as they are, but oh well: Dear Ms Janyl Benyl, please lets have a 15-FOR 15 Challenge next year :p.



In other news, **wears My Mr. Nigeria smile, a little birdie told me that someone dumped me oh! As in Dumped me! And I am like all the 2014 dumping  i have gotten in real life never do ba? I am now also being Electronically, and blogically dumped too :(. Nawa oh? Shey na only me waka come ni?? And I am like Aiiii.. ZZaaa… Me! A whole Mr. Nigeria like moi! **Hits hand on the chest.. **In an Igbo Accent, me Oberaeagu, the son of Barrister Adol 1 of **Scratches head Ehhmmm whats that my village name again?? Adaeze Where are you eh??  any how scratch that... Impossicant! Lmao. So I want to through this medium apologize to Erniesha Tibs for being MIA, I mean we sat down over the weekend and had a serious Family Planning session meeting lmao (Oga Mofaya, na Play oh! Abeg oh, I can clearly see the No Trespassing sign sir :)) and so we settled our Wahala.. So Dear Ernie, I am re-proposing to you through this post to not only reengage me, but to be not just my Friend, but My Sister and my Liebster. Action Time.. **Puts one Knee on the ground, brings out My Journal of thoughts and hands it to Ernie.. and in my Upcoming Barritone voice says…. Do you Erniesha, take this post as a sign of my Sistership and Liebstership, to hold it when I misbehave, to bitch slap me when I screw up, and to encourage me when I can't go on **wears Puppy face. So watcha say?



P.S: I will like to say a huge thank you to everybody that has carried this friendship beyond Blogosphere, I mean you guys inspire me with every chat, call, text et al that we have, and I am learning so much day by day from you all. I mean it inspires me how I started blogging totally in the dark, and I met so many others like me that just plunged into the dark with hopes of learning, and I am like gracias to GOD and you all.. You guys are making me a better person, writer and human being, so if you have done it ( I mean contacted me outside here), I would have said like Amaka that I am batting my eyelashes for you oh, but so Fashola does not misinterpret me for a 14 years sentence candidate, I will just want say in the words of Moby Oya Chop kiss… and let you know that I love and respect you sev** In Tosynes voice :).

P.P.S: Dear Ms Janyl Benyl, you mean the world to me. I wish I knew just how I could pay you back for being such a blessing, for caring, and for having my back all day every day.. Trust me, I have plans for you eh!!! Big ones. **Winks

Shout out to Funmi Reese.., her comments made me smile through the weekend, amma gonna stalk you back ASAP Bubba (Bim Akinmade thought me this term :()


Status-check.

 
 1. I am worried about Bim Akinmade of beingme360.wordpress.com, the babe is one of the bestest,  dopest, finest gehs I know, and I miss her so much. I know I was the jerk as ussual, but please if you guys can please go over to her Blog and check on her, and then tell her I miss her, and that  and I am sorry for being a jerk,  I would be very grateful. :(  Yours Truly, I am sure you would like Bim eh, she writes for Bella Naija like you do. :)


2. I am worried about Changing Post codes of changingpostcodes.wordpress.com. I mean this Law babe came to Nigeria for Law school, and she just went dark, I have been writing her, but no show. :( I miss her like mad. 


3. Tightens belt, please eh, where is Tomilola Lawal of withtomi.com? if anyone sees Tomi, please tell her I miss her laughter eh ;(, and I miss her smiles very much.  And tell her that because of her and 1 + THE ONE yeah, I might soon become Born Again.. I said Might oh :) and i mean it.


Peace ITIMI!!!!!!!!! Where are you? And Cee too?? you people have dumped me too shey? All this Dump that all you gehs are dumping me hia and dia, diarisgodooo.. No be only me waka come eh... **crying in French.


Do have a super fab week, and I pray for you that this week, your Internet subscription will not expire when you are broke. I mean that shit is annoying :( its just 18th and i am out grrrr...



Thanks for the past 7 minutes of your time family, you are why I write, why i smile, and slowly but surely becoming part of why I live.. Cheers, and please no matter what, stay young and stay confused... xx



#Udo

27 comments:

  1. The ebola scare is real! Thank God you are feeling alright! been using hand sanitizers by the second.
    been ok and thank you loads for checking up on me :) you're the best.
    talk of living your dreams - i was just thinking about the same thing few days ago and i'm so not living my dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehehehe Aiii Zaaa.. You ehn! the first thing I thought when I saw your comment was "IT IS A LIE!"" I mean CPC, where did you go? Why did you go? and please I use MTN, Airtel, and Etisalat to beg you, don't go again oh! You know you are my Blog girlfriend nah ba? **Winks

      Yes Dear, the Ebola thingy scares the living day light outta me, and I have never been so grateful to be healthy as I am now eh, as in ehn.. na now i confirm say health is truly Wealth. :)

      About your Living your Dreams... **Sigh** Baby mi, I am learning to live everyday a step at a time, cause I realized that the more I struggled to ""Live my Dreams"" The more I lost focus of the very Present, and slowly tilted towards LIVING in the future. This prompted me to re-take my steps, as I wasn't in the moment, and I wasn't enjoying now, as in my eyes I was never content. So I implore you to just take it Easy CPC, we shall get there GOD willing...:)

      My its nice to have you back, i am smiling like a fish as i reply this comment eh! yep, you Bad like that...

      Delete
  2. Lol! Story writter, u can sha...choi. A nice week to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehehehe Evey-Koko How far? Ehen nah! JdB is a WRITERholic. **Tongue out... Hope you are good baby mi, and your week is turning up well? Ehen send my share of the money oh! we are soooo hanging out now oh! **Winks

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. heheheheheh Yess Boss.. Mr Mamman in the Building.. hmmnnn Thank GOD for lof oh! Ashraff visited my Blog shaa... Yiiipppeeeee... :) Thank you sir for your time, hope you will come again oh!

      Delete
  4. **comes in with my husband** **sees the post** **points to a corner** Honey go stand there....need to talk with my liebster....**clear throat** this is why I miss Amaka so much....she would have had my back in this....see...**pointing with my bamboo stick** Journal of thoughts??....**showing the journal to fellow readers** Can you imagine......erhmmm...**flicks hair** I want a private jet!!.....**gets a nasty stare from my husband** yup!...this is happening mister!................hehe.....waddup papi!!!!.....You will always be my liebster...and a big inspiration to me and mehn I agree with everything up there....**nodding my head** ..buh I am just gonna say this - Self-Realization is MORE POWERFUL than knowledge and wisdom served to you on a platter....when you realize stuffs 'all by yourself', it can NEVER be taken away from you...I mean you could learn from other people's story and try to apply it and it may or may not work for you and it has the tendency of leaving an element of doubt somewhere in your mind.......buh when you realize it by yourself, you have the power to start a sentence with 'I KNOW that...' ...amazing right?

    Anyhoo --- "Do you Erniesha, take this post as a sign of my Sistership and Liebstership, to hold it when I misbehave, to bitch slap me when I screw up, and to encourage me when I can't go on --> Yes I do and that's only cuz of the 'bitchslap' part...hehe.... .....oh mehn...Funmi has got a tight blog....**whispering** it is a very warm blog..........Nice one papi........**gets my grumbling husband from the corner**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahahahahhahahahahah Lmao! @ I want a Private jet...lwkmdoooo yeah Ernie, True That! Most of the stuff we realize ourselves yeah, are most often imprinted in our heads for a long time, and I guess thats what REAL LEARNING is.

      You see ehn You are a real smartie oh! heheheheh But ehn i cant wait for Oga Mofaya to come comment on my Blog oh! so next time you are dragging him yeah, please drag him with his Tablet in hand, so he will comment :) Thanks Tibs, you rock.... What more can I say??? Aiiii ZZzzzaaaa...

      Delete
  5. John, you can write! Always a pleasure reading your posts!
    Lol @all the mentions.. I love the way you celebrate people though - So so endearing.
    Thank God it wasn't Ebola :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehheheheheh welll Thank ya! I mean we live for others yeah, so if i can help create a link to these other blogs, and they are happy, then I am good... **Wears my Mr. Nigeria smile... mehn Nne Thank GOD oh it wasnt Ebola, my heart e haf cut finish that last week...

      Leeme tell you something 1, seeing your comment always gives me that kinda up NEPA feeling, so thank you for always being here for us Bubba. You are Awesome by Nature :)

      Delete
  6. I read this post in the morning but was too busy to comment. Easy with the exercise thang o dangote no get 6 packs lool, I don't want anything bad to happen to you. Someone said this yesterday in church 'Ebola scares the Christ in Him'..lol what I said in my last post is so true o and I read your reply and Moby's. In the bible when the Israelities go against God's will and God punishes(which is so happening here) them they are always sober and they seek to God with a contrite heart and how has that made them depressed? We are also in that phase whether you like it or not but we choose to change dps and create stupid memes, what pissed me is that peeps had time to create memes very early in the morning....I am not the most serious person here but na sometimes just annoys me. Can't their be a day we all will do nothing but pray for this nation? Let's face it the sin of this nation is much and we don't even have a way to help ourselves so making a joke outta of the whole thing I can't relate to. I am so sorry to digress but i gotta make my point...take care of you.
    www.tosyne101.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh..ohh...ohhh... Tosyne You are too much jo, you are too smart jo, You are too sweet joo... In Fact you are my Agbani of klife jo... in short **Chop kiss jo.. xx.. True that Bubba, it is crystal clear that this Ebola thingy is a way to purge mankind of some iniquity, and it is sad that Nigerians as a nation have chosen to make jest of the situation, than accept and try to understand it for the RISK and DANGER that it is. It is well oh.... However, I kinda see reason with Moby eh, you know that it is these Jokes that actually keep this crazy nation together, as if we were all Serious and bottled up, life in Nigeria would have been so (pardon my term) FUCKED up... Oh well. I strongly support you Agbani mi, a balance is what we need in this Eco system of Nigeria, and a Balance is what we lack... Thanks for this wonderful comment.

      About my spine, thanks oh Jari, i am better now though, and i quit on the exercise thingy since June 30th, these are just post pains of Over stressingg. Will resume in September though, but that will be at a gym. heheheheh @ Dangote no get 6 Packs. lmao... Your head is there oh! **Winks..

      P.S: I sent you an invite on Instagram.. **Winks...

      Delete
  7. My church has a doctrine...'Real People Real Issues Before a Real God..Mheen we all got issues and we got to acknowledge and deal with them..even babies do ..Why do they cry anyway? So this post is too rio Not the bird but Real...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .....My church has a doctrine...'Real People Real Issues Before a Real God..Mheen we all got issues and we got to acknowledge and deal with them..even babies do.... Mehn Baby mi, this is so true, as in every Damn word has content. But like you said we have to acknowledge them. Sadly, many fail to accept they have issues, talkless of accept them, and baby mi, my life has taught me that the only way to solve a problem is first to see it as one, and accept to try solve it...

      mehn Riri, I still ponder on why babies cry oh, i mean they have everything; care, love, free BREAST milk, and still they cry... smh Truly this life ehhhnnnn....

      Delete
  8. Omg your humor is real. You write so well with a hint of funny. Cheers to great writers. Have a ghen-ghen week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Thank ya Atinukemi, i am glad you could drop by, and I thank GOD you could relate to this post. I went over to your Blog and mehnnn you are good, very good... Will stalk you more ASAP Baby mi.. Cheers.

      Delete
  9. You write so well my broda. Your comment on my blog was enough to be a post on its own. Its nice to see expressive men.
    Thanks for the compliments. U r so sweet.
    P.S I went by Bim Akinmades blog to help you check her,but she writes so well.kinda like a poet that I forgot what I came there to do and started reading the posts.lol
    Don't worry.Will still deliver your message ok.
    That Ebola like symptoms must have scared the crap outta you. Thank God you had a doctor calm your fears. Fear isn't a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheheheh I am so sweett... Wooohhooo All the hairs on my Bory e haf stand finish oh! lmao About Bim, if I could tell her anything, it would be that I miss her plenty. We used to talk a lot you know??? Me and my wahala fa.... issorait.

      Thanks for stopping By bubba, my am I smiling...

      Delete
  10. Okei Duru! Mannie ur elder bruh is/was here. Don't ask how I knew I was ur elder cos u spilled it out urself. [22yrs 8months ;)] You've gat a fantastic blog.
    Mehn! I'm loving these new set of blogs I've come to know.(Thanks to Amaka) + I've had a less busy week. So I've gat time chill.

















































































































    :))))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheheheheheheh iMannie of Life! Oga Boss, its good o have you here. Lmao at my Age.. Of course i am 22 years 8 Months nah, its stale news. **Tongue out.. :) I am glad you can relate with this post.. Hope you Visit us more oh Oga Boss. :) Cheers...

      Delete
    2. @Duru I no be oga bo$$ ooo. Na people like dangote,IBB etc get that title. I be hustler oo.

      *cheers*

      I hardly find books to read so blogs(tibs and amaka) have become an alternative for me.


      +You've gat a fan


























      (Y)

      Delete
    3. heehhehehe Sorry mehn, just saw this. Manniieeee heheheheheh You be cracking me up shaaa....

      Delete
  11. @Duru earlier this year, I used to do 500 push ups, over 500 sit ups, 200 squats et al but it wasn't evident on my body. :( :(
    Instead na only 2pacs dey even show for my tummy. + my chest just flat like plate. But I've grown past that now. I still workout tho but its only to keep fit cos my body won't respond to change. I'm an ectomorph.

























    #TYACB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mehn That shit can be tiring.. I mean i tried so hard to get the body of hulk Hogan, but as e no come, guy man just resign oh!

      Delete
  12. You can write long posts eh, amazes me how I manage to read every word #interesting and oh! You can write long comments eh, always makes me smile.
    I yaf miss u and ur blog, na work get my time away from u o, biko vex not.

    Ebola scare! My brother, no be smal thing oo, peeps go soon dey bleach hand all in the name of washing hand (oh wait! U don start am na, shebi u dey use hypo? Tk am easy o).

    I dont have much to say, you nailed it. We are what stops and limits us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) apology accepted Bubba. :) hahahahhahahah Always nice to have you here Bubba, you can make me Blush for africa sha...

      Delete