Monday, 15 September 2014

#MyBachellorsDiary.. WHY DONT THEY TEACH US ABOUT SEX AT CHURCH?





Pre- Script: All post written under the #MyBachellorsDiary series, are born out of total confusion, and search for wisdom. I mean I am a bloody young and Confused 22 year old, and if you don’t Teach me, then who will??

Good morning great Young mind, what’s cracking people? How was the weekend. Grr.. Its Monday and mehn this is most definitely the hardest day of the week, I  mean why! Why!! Why!!! did there have to be Monday? Mchheeewww.. I started following Eric Thomas the Hip Hop preacher on Instagram, and the guy dey form Thank GOD it’s Monday, and each time his video clips play ehn, I be like this guy has spiritual problem. I mean what tha Fuukkk… Monday  and  Gratitude are never supposed to occupy the same sentence. Mchewww… awon oloshi! Well sha, shey na me dey form Inspirational movement :( So how was your Sunday, mehn mine was very ghen ghen oh! I ate.. ate… ate and slept.. slept.. slept... Plus My dad finally let me go out with the car again, but it was to the petrol station this time. What can I say, Half Bread is better than Chin chin nah.. You won’t believe that after I form Fine boy finish, with my Bad Super man tee and matching Converse All Star kicks, came down from the car like a Baddoo, and was like in Olamide’s voice Shout out to awon goons mi,  bought the Petrol as asked, and then bounced back into the car, my Dads limousine of life refused to start oh! Kai! It was humiliating. That car is dragging age with me sha, so I am not surprised :( I was like haba!! And in Ernies Voice, I shouted…. Chei My Life! Heheheheh I had to throw away my Pride of Africa, and ask the Petrol attendants to help push the vehicle to a side.. I have been telling Daddy to buy PATHFINDER 2008, he no gree, now see falling hand. As a guy man now, and as Engineer that I am, I came down from the pushed vehicle, popped the hood, hit the battery head, and Bam, the car started… hehehe if you see as I screeched out of the MRS filling station ehn, you would think I was Paul Walker (R.I.P).


So all of you know that I am in love nah, in case you don’t know, well I am. We CELEBRATED OUR 2 WEEKS ANNIVERSARY YESTERDAY and we are even planning on meeting the parents sef.. but on a second thought yeah, I am like babe wait first, let my Money reach 7 figures. Shey I can talk for Africa ba?? Heheheh Yep that’s what Peace always says! **Whispers I like that ghe ehn. So I have been thinking: Why don’t they teach us about SEX in church? I just don’t understand why.  See I have always been a problem child, I am kinda surprised I haven't sent any geh to Pregnancy leave yet. I mean I woke up at age 7 years, as in my eyes just opened, and so I remember every bladddy thing I have done fronm age 7 till now, and you see I have always liked ghesss… I was the kind of 7 year old that my class mates would say “”Ah!!! Everybody see what Nonso and …….. ( the blanks always contained a girls name) are doing, and they would sing the “”Ghen-ghen-ghen, I will tell aunty for you”” song (So you see why I like the ghen ghen phrase :) ). Lets just say I did thingsssss ehn, and this my hands have been there and done that. 


Moving on to Teenage life became different, I became a religious brother, Drama President and all, so I had to wear Tie like I was the owner of the church, and Tuck in my every shirt, every Sunday. It was good oh, and I had a good image outside, but you see in the midst of my HOLINESS, I still had the Monster in me, the cravings for Sex and all. And while the Pastor always thought us to Zip up, and Close up Sunday after Sunday, I was but a Pastor by Day, and a Sex Monster by night **covers face.. I pray my sister or Mother or Blog mother don't read this post oh! If not I am screwed.com. I was like the Wear Wolf kind ( Sheybe my name is kuku Adolphus meaning Royal wolf). Sex was still a part of me but on a concealed level, and looking back at it, I see it as Self deceit, as no one had to know I was indulging in sexual activities where as I was. Later on, University came and I totally went Celibate.com, no Sex for 5 years, no clubbing, and no dating.. Don’t be scared, I entered Uni at 15, came out at 20, so it was in my Pre- maturity stage, and I did this cause I wanted good grades, and I thank GOD that I got them small. However, since I graduated in 2012, and refused to serve, abi na was refused to serve the Government, I have been chasing women, and money like they  have both been running outta fashion.

This post was however inspired by a brother i met on one of my jumping bus, and Trecking sprees a couple of weeks ago. You see this my friend, more like a Christian mentor works with KPMG. Now for a heads up, if you work in KPMG Nigeria, then you are on your way to 6 figures in no time, so this Brother is relatively rich! But having that we are racking brain for ourselves, neither of us have been bold enough to spend more than 70 percent of our savings on a car, so we both haven’t bought our Range rover Evogue yet.. Kai Dear Lord please give me my Exxon Mobil Job, and my TCN job too oh! Not forgetting my Oando own.. As we cruised around Lagos in our LEGxus jeep that evening, we got talking about cash, about our careers, and off course as inspired by me about Women.  And then he said something that struck me: he said that He is freaking Nervous around women, to the extent that when he sits next to a particular lady at the office, he gets nervous, and starts to sweat. First of, I laughed my ass out! hheheheh Shit I have to go! My Oga just came :( and to say that I was surprised was to say the Sincere Truth! The thing is this Brother who I am sure is totally straight cause I know his present Churchy geh friend, has issues relating to the opposite Sex due to what we were taught about sex Years ago. I mean they scared us soooo much about Sex that it seemed that if we indulged, we would die sharply. That was just wrong.



I guess we all agree that at one time in our lives, the church was the major point of gathering where we met our Friends, where we me our First love, and where we were always super excited to be, and I hate to say it but the Church in Nigeria pretend a lot. They fail to admit that more than 70 percent of their Youths are sexually active. I mean they know yeah, but they just fail to accept it and that to me is worse than sad. I put up an update on Facebook last night, and still few people were willing to comment, as many still believe the norm that Sex shouldn’t be spoken about talk less of indulged in. As a Youth, all I hear in church is Abstain! Abstain!! and ABSTAIN, and even here on Blogsville, I have come across a couple of very Nice blogs, with really vibrant Blog authors, plus really Beautiful writers who totally make Sex look like its wrong on all basis, I think that if the church teaches people more about the freedom of sex, and don’t paint it so much as a holy grail as it is depicted in the society of today, then I believe that there would be less amount of STD’s transmitted, less amount of Children born out of wedlock, less amount of abortions, and less amount of Deaths, as the level of curiosity and inexperience will drop. So my Qustion this confused Monday morning is Why don’t they teach us about Sex in church? Cause whether they accept it or not pleeeennntttttyyy people are doing the deed in the dark.

P.S: I might have lost connection with this post at a time, you see my Boss walked up to my table and asked I prepare a document by 6:23 Am, and I hate to paste later than 8:30 am, so we tried to rush this up by multi tasking, and forming superman.  Plus i have a meeting by 9 Am. Shit My Life!!! Sorry for any Typos, biko :( pardon me Biko.

Thank you for the past 7 minutes of your time, you do me a great honor with it, and I am humbled cause you wonderful awesome human beings, make out time to come and teach and inspire me with your kind comments, and your time. So my prayer for you this week is that all that your heart longs for, whether good or bad na you sabi oh, will be yours in this coming week. Turn Up Turn Up People, the month will soon end.. Don’t you smell christmas already??


Cheers fam, and do have a ghen ghen week.

.
#Udo

42 comments:

  1. 2 weeks...we gon' get into months soon papi....okay lemme get into this topic...see papi...the bible said this 'Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.' Proverbs 22:6...we are supposed to know bout everything!!!!!...so that we can make right decisions eh.....there should be NO selective teaching.....we need to know what happens before sex, during sex and after sex....soooooooo that....we can decide if having sex now is the right way forward or not.....buh these churches would rather avoid teaching bout the cause and effect of sex and jump right into the precaution....How can you tell someone bout precautions without telling them bout the cause and effect??...To me, that is just wrong....See...Yes!...you can teach a child bout fire without illustrating the effect....I mean you can tell a kid, 'Yo!...Don't touch fire!'....buh if you tell a kid this, 'Yo! fire is for many things, like do you see how fast the food cooks when the fire is turned up to the highest, do you see the flames from that car burning in the movie, do you see how that fireman is all geared up cuz he has to go rescue someone --- Yeah fire helps cook our food buh it can also cause a beautiful car to look that ugly'....now tell me....which is better?.....cuz I am leaning towards the latter......I likey as usual...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ernieeee why do you always make sense.. Hian!!! Duru I wanted to write plenty tinz o...asin I was about writing a book and then I got to the comment section and tibs had written almost everything I wanted to say even the part of the 2 weeks relationship. Anyways papi, tibs has said it all. I rest my case. *mwaaah*

      Delete
    2. hmmmnnn So you gonna go all Pastor on me Ernie yeah?? heheheh Okay oooooo.... Soooo.. You are right, they never really give us the full detail of this Sex thing, and that is actually my problem. I wrote this post with the mind set of a Teenage/Youth oriented church and sadly most of these Teenage/Youth oriented churches who know very well that their congregation are doing these things never really call them to say, hey this is as good as it is as Bad.. but its up to you to decide which you want, all they do is say it is bad bad bad. I so love the illustration you made about the Fire. hehehehe Truly there is need for Fire men to gear up to quench the fire oh! :) **Winks.

      Thanks for stopping by Tibs, i always look forward to reading you ever so insightful comments. Hope you are feeling better now Bubba? Please get well soon, please :(

      Delete
    3. heheheheheheheh Mobi of life! lmao! your comments never fail to leave me with a smile bubba. Thank you so much... In the Popular Blog of our Popukar Moby of life **Oya Chop kiss...

      Delete
  2. #AmeboTinzFirst
    Erniesha is the bae?
    Okay, about church and sex, I don't think those two go together. Maybe special church groups like the youth group can have teachings like that but generally?? Nahh. Imagining your pastor talking about sex and your mum and dad are just beside you! #SeriousCringingActivated

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheheheheh Ronniii for President of Blogsville 2015! I don't know which i adore the most in you, your Beauty or your Brains :*? you are a Full package Bubba. hehehehe First off Ernie is more than my Babe, she is my Liebster, anddddd.... Liebster is higher than Babe! So **Winks... You saw Jilda's Picture on Instagram on Saturday nah, remember? Sooo..... Baby mi, i hate to say it, but Sex and Church should go together. The church is the most prominent gathering of people, if they shy away from Sex, then who would be able to discuss it more. Most Parents also know that their kids are sexually active, but yet they fail to admit it, I for one believe that like Ernie said, every Phase of Sex should be properly discussed.. from Cause, to Effect, to Prevention, to Abstainance.. They shouldn't make it seem like it isnt happening where as it is. Okay see... Most people after their first experience always be like SEX is over rated jo, and what makes it over rated is the level of un-neccesary respect given to the subject. hehehehe @#SeriousCringingActivated oh well, we have to deal with it nah, plus hey You and I aint getting younger remember **Winks we will soon be doing the do on a daily basis with our spouse :)

      Delete
  3. hello young man! I love this topic, I have kinda been counseling some teens who are in a 'relationship' *rolls eyes*.
    And I am looking at moving to the Teen church, ok so i think the thing is that we just like to look at the bad side of everything and the use of fear to stop kids from doing stuff. I wonder why the church hasnt decided to tell them the tryth, (God knows how much trouble it would have saved me). Sex is a BEAUTIFUL thing when done the right way.
    Tell us it is cool, but not cool for now. Tell us it is REALLY cool when done at the right time and i am sure a lot of those things you mentioned will be avoided.
    provided not everyone will heed to the advice but a good number will.
    Say hello to the ghe friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeeeessss Bossss.... Vira in the Building.. ** Whispers.. I am wearing my Mr. Nigeria smile cause of you right now oh Bubba. :) Gbam! A Zillion likes for this your comment.. I have this Hallelujah feeling right about now, cause like You guys are thinking my thoughts.. in fact I love Blogsvile cause of this post, and the very ghen ghen comments that are flowing right here. Sex is truly a beautiful thing, and i for one believe that your comment above should be posted in every Youths room :) Thank you so much.. in fact I lof you already... Can we have lunch? i need to draw from this your ghen ghen Brain. :) But eehhhmmm I have a geh friend now, so my responsibilities e haf tripled :).. **Scratches Head.. ehhhmmm.... so you are paying :) Thanks for stopping by, my you are a wonderful Teacher Baby mi, trust me.

      Delete
    2. Hiya Duru! You re too ghen ghen jor! How is the geh friend? Lunch? Yup, I am up for it only that i am not an eko somebody....next time I visit? Pls take permission from geh friend oh. iIdont want ghen ghen acid on my face biko.

      Delete
  4. Point of correction they teach sex in my church; family worship center here in Abuja. But for 20 yrs above.I'll be back. I haven't even read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lmao! Okay Madam.. I will just Scroll to your next comment :) Its awesome to have you back Bubba. iSmile.

      Delete
  5. I agree with Muriel,some churches do talk about sex as a whole with the adults and the dangers in the teen church.
    As per your question, some churches don't talk about sex cos they feel it's enough to say "it's bad before marriage" "abstain".
    However that approach doesn't always work as teens particularly want to explore and saying it's bad isn't the solution.
    However,can we blame the church? Isn't the church filled with our mothers and fathers who don't talk about sex with their kids?
    Parents are like "Don't get pregnant" "Don't allow a boy touch you " "Don't this" "don't that". Then they are surprised when the child gets pregnant when the truth is kids this days are growing faster than we did. They know better,they know more sef.

    Its more of a society problem.its true the church pretends like it's teens aren't having sex, some don't pretend like my church in Uni where the teens were all dating themselves and having sex even though the pastor preached and preached to them against that habit.No effect.
    But the society also pretends like there is no sex going on.the schools shy away from the topic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh!!! Funmi.. Your comments always makes me smile.. You are always full of maturity and wisdom. If not that I haf not grow finish **Smiles, i would have tendered my Application to Toast :) Okaaayyy I love what you said.. And you are totally right, the church is made up of our Parents and the members of the society at large, hence it is more of a societal problem, than a religious one. i just wish that everyone would not make a biggie out of the subject of 4 minutes completion :), and just totally annalyse it, and that way the level curiosity in young people would drop. I mean most of us who indulged did so out of more of curiosity than cravings. The society needs to understand that things are on a long run moving at the speed of light, and this generation, this Facebook generation.. Their eyes dey chuk. heheheheh Oh Well, i guess its up to us to become better Parents and members of the church when the time comes :). Thanks for coming by Bubba, i am always inspired by you Baby mi. :)

      Delete
  6. I am back. In my church they talk about sex but with adults of marriageable age. E.g how a man can satisfy his wife not his girl friend. Fornication is nt allowed. Also how a woman can make her husband want her by dressing to kill in the bedroom. In my church we r plain. Pls abstainace na sure banker. I can't say less. As a lady spread ur seeds on the streets that's ur business. U will live with the consequences. If as a couple ur worried about the size of his kini I know a place where they enlarge the thing. A friend of mine took one of her friend and her husband to the place now she is complaining that the anaconda wants to kill her but before she was crying that it was was straw. If u r scared he is an indomie instant noodles, I know of testimonies of indomie men that became usain bolt just through training their minds. And also reading books that improve the performance. Another thing is what u believe in becomes ur reality. If u say u can't do without sex so be it. If u say u will have a bad marriage without testing the engine so be it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hhmmmnn Muriel of Life eh, I think it all boils down to choice, and if Abstainance strikes it, then thats Beautiful Bubba.hahahahahahahahah lmao @"" the anaconda wants to kill her"" They actually do that? as in work on peoples size? hahahahahahahahahahah Lwkmdooo Muriel for Governor of Lagos 2015.. Kai. Nice one Bubba, first off thank you for making me smile so wide this morning.. I think it all boils down to choice Bubba, and i love what you said, it is our believes that drive our actions. I am humbled you made out time from your busy schedule to drop this comment Bubba, Thank you ssssooo Much Baby mi :) heheheheeh no be small anaconda oh! lol

      Delete
  7. My ogas at the top have said it all. Who is the church? You and I!
    My mum told me about sex though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmnnn Amaka of Life Ekabo, i haf miss you gan oh! First of, You are very lucky oh! in my house ehn we learnt about sex from outside. :) How are you Bubba? Hope you are safe?

      Delete
  8. And also they teach about sex in the teen church. Not just the consequences. I don't know about any other church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lmao Muriel, I think i need to move to ABJ. E be like say that side dey hot wella **Winks. Thank you so much Bubba.

      Delete
  9. Mama Ernie has said most of what I'd have loved to say. However I'd have to add that premarital sex is a sin (I'm not forming holy, God knows my plenty imperfections) and so it is felt that talking about it would make youths wanna indulge- I think. However certain churches have programmes where their youths discuss sex "positively" and are armed with the necessary info they need. Congrats on your anniversary nwannem, it will only get sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheheheh my Otunne of life, my very own Ada Ada.. Thank you for coming by. Okaaay you said they Discuss only the Positive side, but what of the Negatives? What of the Pleasures? Why do they only hold on to the STD's and Pregnancy segment? I totally admit that Sex is a sin, me gan i know, but the thing is, if it wasnt made so much of a big deal, then there would be less curiosity and pressure in the minds of the young ones. Thanks for Coming by Bubba, and I am glad we are now next Door neigbours :)

      Delete
  10. I think it is ok for the church to not teach about sex because it is against what the church represents. Premarital sex = fornication and that is something that should not be promoted by any church. However, the schools, parents, guardians, Ministry of Health and other relevant institutions should provide adequate information to every young person so they are properly informed and can make informed decisions. No, I do not expect any church to teach young unmarried people about condoms and safe sex. If your church is doing that, please, leave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i totally feel your comment....dunno what else to say

      @Duru....am loving this series '' bachelor's dary''

      Delete
    2. First off: Finally!!!! My blog Mother FINALLY (again) commented on my post. Mama, i know you have been reading them, but you just left me in the dark **crying in Frenc diarisgodoooo, You will see, I will start posting more WAHALA posts from now on to get your attention :) But Mother with all due respect, you know its the parents, guardians that make up the church? When i was a Teenager, all they did was tell us not to have sex cause it was a sin. If they Told us Sex was good, and it was cool, but advised that we do it only at maturity, or not do it all cause there is no Biggie to it, there would have been less Wahalas, Pregnancies, and STD's. I know Sex is a sin, and i was scared as hell that you would react and finish me for this post, so first of Thank you for not being mad. Thank you for this comment BM, you know I always hold your words to heart Janyl.

      Delete
    3. @ Temmie of life, Awwwgghh Baby mi Thank you and I thank GOD you can relate to all the confusion, **In Moby's voice Oya chop kiss...

      Delete
  11. My siblings and I stifled giggles while reading this post - Duru, I swear you are something else. How's the love life going? - Awwww i'm extremely happy for you (Make sure you enjoy it).Lol @2 weeks - Make plenty money make we go marry her (no dulling). Duru, biko biakwa they teach us about sex at my church

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwgghh Help me greet them eh! **Whispers Please tell them i am a BIG fan of your writing, and your Fine face **Winks (I just have that feeling that you are veeeeerrrrrryyyyyy fine). The love life is going going oh! We are making Airtel richer by buying credit more than we are even eating food sef :( @marriage hahaha oh! i hia oh! just be praying for me cause Untill i have a House by the lake in Lagos, another House in my village, a House at Portharcourt, and another ongoing at Abuja, a Mercedes G Wagon, a Toyota Camry 2018 model and i am almost my own CEO, i will not marry eh! :) Ah!!! Nnem oma, i need to port to that your church oh, cause in my own, i haven't even heard the word sex at mass in about 2 years. :(

      Delete
  12. I have learned something over time--through kindergarten,elementary and high school..we have this bell thing going...Ring, Ring Ring for change of lessons, break time, wake up time, end of prep reading..THE BELL...But when you get to college; everything changes;- you run your life, the gates are wide open out there to receive you, you run and rule your world, you even got the keys to your whole entirety... What I am trying to say is,,,with time the restriction imposed on us tend to manifest, you start sweating when near gals,its loads of courage to do somethings....the sex world now is another infinity--do wanna do a whole blogger post in just a comment--- Insightful Post Buddy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True talk my African Twinnie of life, its just amazing how there are so much restrictions as to how man should live.. The society holds us back to so much an extent.. I mean sex is fun, but still unsafe, and could lead to a truck load of responsibility. I just wish our Spiritual leaders, and parents would come out plain :(. hahaha baby mi, please feel free to express your self, i mean you are one of my inspirations on Blogsville.. **Whispers Your posts always charge me up :) You are that awesome a writer, so i for one would appreciate a Post as a comment oh! **Winks. You do remember our thoughts are similar dont you?

      Delete
  13. wetin I won talk again ooooo..... my ogas have said it all...... I Rep. MOMENT WITH ZOE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheheheh Zoe i sight you baby mi, you have a pretty Ghen ghen Blog, and I love the way you write a lot Bubba :) Thanks for coming by on the Young and confused Blog, please dont leave us and go eh! We cant stand another heart break :( **Winks... Soooo.... **In Banky W's voice sooo Dont break whats left of my heart :)

      Delete
  14. Guess who arrived late...*dullface....anyway lateness is better than never abi duru? Nothing to say on the topic again jare, lots of experts up there.. pointing up!!but won't mention names sha.....


    making the world a better place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turn Up Turn up peolple... VicshowPlanet in the Building... heheheh Thanks for stopping by the YnC blog bruv.. I appreciate. Twale baba.

      Delete
  15. U know 7 mins is a whole lot of time right? 7 mins early can save my fvking ass in lag traffic and vice versa.
    Well for the topic, I'm still under 18. So I can't have an opinion on sex related topics.





    #

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehehehehehe Mannie!!!! Craze man, oya No vex, As long as you give me 7 minutes of your time, you can keep having Tasha (for now) heheheheheheh Ifaye say you be under 18. Okay oh, if you are under 18, me i am under 7. Thatsall.. Thanks for stopping by Bruv, i appreciate sir.

      Delete
  16. Duru oo I just like how you manage to make sense even in your young and confused state of life...ok my question is what should the church be teaching young people on sex? How to use condom? How to know different styles? How to abstain? Having in mind this are unmarried people. I just feel parents have a whole lot to do in this faculty, remember before church there was family o. Most times the church doesn't want to address the issue of sex because of the standard of the bible. That's my opinion.com. Congrats on the 2 weeks anniversary, I they feel una lori instagram. I am sending you a mail after exam, want to ask some foolish questions lool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly Bubba, I understand that the stand of the church is based on doctrine, and i guess that's why they never really give us detailed information about Sex. But i having that many people are indulging in Sex, the Church have to illuminate more young people more on how to use protection, they shouldn't teach various styles(That would be totally wrong nah right? Imagine a pastor teaching doggie style :) ), but should tell them the ones that are too much of a risky and prone to cause scenarios of broken condoms. Stuff like that. Oh Well, i totally agree that on the long run yeah, it is the responsibility of the Family, but in as much as some Parents wallow in shame to talk about stuff like that, the Church and Schools should do so.

      The intent of this post is FOR THE CHURCH TO JUST NOT TREAT SEX LIKE ITS ALL EVIL, cause whether they accept it or not Agbani, the more they do so, the more young people are tempted to indulge.

      Okay Bubba, wish you the very best in this your ghen ghen Exams oh, go kick ass Bubba, cause you are my Agbani Einstein of life. Good luck Babe. @the making sense, weelll all i can say is #itcanonlybeGOD. God is my Substation, I am but a transmission line. :) Cheers Babe, and my am i glad you came by my Numero Uno of Blogsville.. xx

      Delete
  17. Finally, every blog I visit I see the name Duru, I said today is the day I must find you. Great writeup
    On the matter, churches can't really say so much on sex, just the normal abstain and all , its the parents that have the job to do, tell the kids everything or their friends will tell. Most parents just behave as if they don'tknow aanything on it.
    Divadiari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Duru, Quite an interesting topic you've got here. I remember we had this talk in my local church before. They invited a Sex therapist to anchor it sef. It was quite informative and revealing too. Yeah we all know that 80% of the church thinks about sex 90% of the time... and the atrocities are usually committed within the church family sef. Still sex is a sensitive topic... talk too much about it and people get obsessed... talk too little or say nothing and all the teens get curious about this 'mysterious thing' so the church has to find a mid point on sex education and find it fast too...cos the internet and media aren't pulling any punches!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well Duru thus the first time am reading your blog post, even our parents at home hardly teach you about sex, If you assuming go to a hospital with them and the Doc asks are you sexually active, the kind eye dem go look you go deactivate you.

    www.icelaw.me

    ReplyDelete
  20. My colleague just asked me why I have been chuckling intermittently. How could I have responded that Duru's choice of picture and words got me laughing loud??? For real now how do people teach sex? As much as I agree that sex should be taught by the Church, parents and the school I personally find it difficult to broach the subject with my younger ones. So what gives?
    I have so many questions that I am afraid may turn into another post so I'll save it but honestly to what extent should this "sex thingy" be discussed? What do teenagers want to hear? Abstinence? They hear that always. Y should they? They see the effects of premarital and unprotected sex on their friends I am sure. Yet we still indulge. Best teachings should be on the building of character. Every man is left to make a choice of the path he will trail.

    ReplyDelete