Monday, 8 September 2014

THE 14-FOR-14 CHALLENGE (GROWING UP_September 2014) Memories.


Source



Good morning great Young mind.. Whats cracking? Whats popping?? I mean whats the freaking 411??? Mehn as I type this yeah, I am so freaking sleepy sha, as in my eye lids are closing as if 2 magnets were attracting them together :(. I had to do the 8-5 yesterday, Yep.. on a Sunday.. and this was so I can meet up with one crazy dead line oh, so you see my Monday started Yesterday :(.. I mean how more annoying can life be? **Whispers I am thinking of applying for a raise oh! Haba, I cannot be WAHALAing and the others be chopping the money nah (Abeg put me in your prayers eh), oh well.. It is well oh! Cause “”Say we no ride Range Rover Vogue or use I phone 6 today doesn’t mean we wont use it tomorrow nah””  #Grateful. So how was your weekend? Hope you turned up oh! Hope you balled? :p

The 14- FOR-14 Challenge initiated by my Beautiful ghen-ghen Blog mother is in its 9th month (and i am like already???), hence we have about 3 more monthly posts to go, and  then 1 more jara post, and it’s a wrap from all of us. To say that I am sincerely grateful for the challenge, cause it helps me write from my heart is to say the least.. **Whispers and **Wears straight face… you see ehn, I cannot afford to over Jonse on 14-For-14 posts eh, if not ehn, my own e haf finish, my Blog mother will just kih me **Smiles @Janyl Benyl. She wants the best for me all time every time, and that includes character wise, so I always imagine her giving me “”THE LOOK”” when I over talk about women on a post.  Soooo... on this Post: NO WOMAN TALK.

So... Memories… Doesn't life scare you? Doesn't it amaze you how just yesterday we were running about in our diapers, and now we are the ones about to be buying diapers?  Life through my eyes is a bloody imbalance, as it freaking confuses me. Someone said NONSO I hope your girlfriend will straighten up your life oh, cause you are confused a lot, and I laughed so hard.. Oh well, I gues it’s a huge part of my persona. (NO WOMAN TALK) 


One of the fondest of memories i have was when I was 5. I remember saying these exact words to my mother one night while i laid on her lap (That woman like me shaaaa that time) I said:


""Mum when i grow up, I will have BIG MONEY, and I will buy you a Limousine ” (** in Jilda's voice, my eyes got all teary as I wrote this sha, I miss her) 


You see in my 22 years 9 months, so many people have come and gone in my life. Girlfriends have disappeared cause I wasn’t Rich enough, friends have gone AWOL for the most insignificant of reasons, and women I trust the most have walked out of my life. Its not like anyone died yeah, but they just left.  Maybe my name ADOLPHUS (meaning Royal Wolf) comes to play here, and maybe that’s why they always just leave, as per: Lone wolf kinda lifestyle now... I don’t really know.  But the thing is just as I never forgot the words I said to my Mother when I was 5, I never ever forget people who came and left my life, as every single person played a role in making me. Some made me cry, some made me laugh, some broke my heart, some stole my heart, some chop my money :) and didint call back after the first date, but all in all they all exist only in my memory now, cause many of them I will never see again.

On my way home yesterday, it re-struck me that someday, all I will be is a MEMORY just like others are to me, I mean a figment of one’s imagination, a thought pattern. Oneday someday when this my ghen-ghen life is over, when my heart stops to beat, and when my Mr Nigeria smile vanishes, all I will be is a THOUGHT. Damn! That scares the hell outta me eh! Since these thoughts hit me yeah, I have constantly asked myself, what kind of a memory will I be? What kind of thoughts will I trigger when I am gone? Will my memory be one to create a smile on a sad face, or one that makes one frown at the thought of me? Will I trigger pain, anger, hatred, tears and anguish, or will I trigger love and peace? I can only wonder.

The Truth is I don’t know, but what I know for sure is that the day of my wait oh! why am I personalizing this Dying thing? the day of OUR going is coming, :p, and when we are gone, if we do not live a positive mark on a life, if we do not inspire someone to be better, to think better, to act better, to not give up on love and on life, if we do not make our lives count for something, then I guess we won’t end up as a memory after all, but we would just be a Rest in Peace prayer point. So today as you go into this week, I implore, NO! I beg  you to make your every action count, and make sure that you keep making a difference. I beg you great Young mind that we live each day like its our last, cause someday, someday we will most definitely be right (Steve Jobs). I beg you to please choose to NOT live for you alone, but to devote your lifetime to an idea, to a worthy cause, to a positive and worthy fight. Yep, I know... Money is priority, but when we go yeah, the money will stay behind, REMEMBER? 

Permit me to leave you with these words i read somewhere a while back,  it went something like this: 

"People will forget what you said to them, they will forget what you did to them, but they will never forget how you made them feel. The memory you inspire will outlive you."


P.S: YOU HAVE ONE SHOT AT LIFE, ONE OPPORTUNITY ON EARTH, ONE SINGLE CHANCE TO LIVE, PLEASE DONT WASTE YOUR LIFE. In other news.. one of my most ghen ghen Bloggers: Toinlicious is back on Blogsville eh, she went AWOL sinceeee 19-kokoro.. that geh ehnn.. She bad like that oh!

Oya Woman Talk: Dear Blog mother, forgive me Mother for I have sinned, i had to add woman talk :)…  Mehn is it me or is it BLOOOOODDDYYYY HARD!!! To be in a relationship? Do you know how much credit I used last week, and all through the TOASTING period? Mehn Street is military oh! Kai! On some days yeah, I grumble to the Airtime Dealers as I go to buy call card, and I am like, How the hell am I supposed to save at this rate. Anyhow sha, shey na me go find trouble.

So me and Landlady are 8 days today, and trust me, we have fought and tire. Truly I applaud her for being such a lady through the process sef, cause me I can complain for Africa shaaa.. One day I will call her and be like Babe why Haven't you raised Lazarus from the dead :p. But trust me, the singular reason okay let me not lie one of the reasons why we are still together is she is my best friend, and aint nothing better than that.


Thank you so much for the past 7 minutes of your time great young mind, you give me a reason to keep writing, and to wanna become a better man. May GOD bless you eh, and may your children not resemble your neighbor.  My prayer for you this week is that you will not wear a suede shoe, or Brazilian hair on the next day that Lagos rain will fall cat, dog and elephant.  


Do have a Ghen-ghen week Fam. You guys are why we are here, aswear. 


Cheers.


#Udo

25 comments:

  1. Oh Little Bro..this is so memorable. I have learned over time that life is lived in moments/gasps. And its so funny they are not tangible. They are like vapor. That is why I love pictures, they try to capture the moments, but they hardly show the emotions or feelings of the moment but they try. Interestingly what matters most whether good or bad never departs from the memory load.Write ups from the heart deep inside me I like fat fat
    ririzmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that Bubba, Life is about the moments that we encounter, not the length of days, or the number of hours.. heheheheheheh I thank GOD you could relate to this post Ritah, you rock. Cheers Bubba, and Thanks for stopping by :) xx

      Delete
  2. awwww, you are love struck.....meeting and marrying your best friend is really awesome:)
    Have a ghen- ghen week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheheheheheheheh Ugo oooo... Heheheheheeh Maary Kwa?? ehmm Marry??.. **Whispers that one is still far small oh! **Winks... Thanks Bubba, you too. xx

      Delete
  3. awwww, you are love struck.....meeting and marrying your best friend is really awesome:)
    Have a ghen- ghen week:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Duru Odogwu nwoke. Hahhahahhahahah you never fail to crack me up - Of course in relationships, we have to sacrifice - No be water dem they dey use call (man must buy credit). Lol, e dey pain me for all the credit I buy dey call boo, but the good thing is that he reciprocates, lol - definitely worth it nna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheheheheheh @ No be water dem they dey use call (man must buy credit).. Nne e haf tire me eh! as in ehn, i don resign to dey call with my Mobile sef, i use the official phone now :). heheheheh Truly sha, i always believe that anything that makes you happy is worth doing, so we good with the credit wahala. :) Thanks for stopping By Bubba. :)

      Delete
  5. Lol.. This love is a serious business.. Odikwa very serious..
    Thanks for this 'wake-up' reminder! Indeed, that's something to keep remembering - after I am gone, what will people say about me?
    May we have the grace to keep inspiring people and making people feel great about themselves..
    Happy 'loving' Bubba, let her 'chop your money', spend on recharge card and then spend some more.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahahahahahaha **Winks... What can we do nah?? Shey you are the one that is always pushing us to Marry nah @ #Waitingandlovingit so we are yielding your advice :)
      Amen oh 1 + THE ONE, at your prayer. hehehehhehe Okay oh, i will try and spend, but "IF" i get broke, amma gonna send you my account details ASAP, deal? :) Cheers Bubba. :)

      Delete
  6. It's not only brazillian hair oh, even #teamnaturalhair sef need the prayer. Don't worry you will definitely use the latest baddest and meanest gadgets and rides soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yyyaaaaaayyyy ... Mzz Sykik in the building :) Amen oh! Thanks sssooooo much for stopping by Bubba, i appreciate :

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks TeeTee, I appreciate.. **Whispers You are very fine oh, i just opened your display Picture. **Winks.. Thanks for stopping by Bubba, i appreciate.

      Delete
  8. http://seyonhundeyin.blogspot.com/2014/09/lyrics-of-day.html?m=1
    Am back !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yelloooooooo......**whispering** I have missed being on here.....Tibs lah back with vengeance.....**screaming** Jilda!!!....you have had him for too damn long mehn......I am back to **in my husbands words** possess my possession.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahahahahahah Ernie of life, always cracking us up :) :) :). Welcome Back Bubba, and my! am i glad you are free from them books now, finallllyyyy we can have our Ernie back now right? :) Trust the final paper was ghen ghen :)

      Delete
  10. People will forget what you said to them, they will forget what you did to them, but they will never forget how you made them feel. The memory you inspire will outlive you.
    This part got me papi. I love the way you write..you write from your heart and its beautiful *bats lashes*. How are you doing dear? Let me be one of the last people to say HELLO to Jilda. Finally our boy is hooked. Thank you Jilda for making him happier.. I'm sure you won't regret it...oya chop better kiss o jare *mwaaaah*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moby, iBlush. hehehe I Thank GOD you can relate to this post, and most of my other confusion.com posts. In short Chop kiss.. heheheheh About Jilda, na all of una no oh! me i am just sipping my Lipton :)

      Delete
  11. This made me reflect...truly we'll be just a memory....kai! First time on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wwwooooooaaahhh!!! It is a Lie!!! as in The! Sisi Yemmie visited my Blog! my am I humbled.. I dont know what to say! Thank you so much Bubba, I mean you are like the Obama of blogsville :) I thank GOD you could relate to my confusion, thanks a lot Bubba. Cheers. Please visit again Ma. :)

      Delete
  12. Toh!
    The day of our going is indeed coming whether we like it or not, want it or not.
    Abeg invest in plenty plenty recharge cards jare.the dividend plenty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This post made so much sense. We all need to reflect on this at some point in our lives. Hmmmmmm! Nike.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hian, how come i'm just seeing this? Thanks for the sharouts sweetie, you know you rock.
    So I did a post a while back asking people to tell me what came to mind when they read/see/hear me in a bid to know what they thought about me (aka, if I die, how will they remember me. Mehn, I was gob smacked! See washing! I even told them to go anon if they had to because I wanted honest feedback. I was so flattered. Seems i'm definitely not to shabby &on the right track. Read it here: http://toinlicious.blogspot.com/2014_04_01_archive.html?m=0
    As for investment on recharge, biko download the Viber app. It allows you make free calls *wink* You're welcome

    ReplyDelete