Monday, 20 October 2014

14- FOR-14 CHALLENGE (GROWING UP_ October 2014) The monster in me...





Good morning great young mind, how are you guys doing nah? How was your night? Hope you slept well my children (heheh this is where I act like I am an old man) what’s up People?? What’s the 411??? And how was your weekend? Mehn is it me or is it that Saturday and Sunday are not up to 24 hours again?? Sometimes yeah, it feels like they are both 16 hours each. Person will just sleep and wake up bam, and Monday e haf reach.. :( Any way we thank GOD oh, cause we are alive.. Last night I was doing vigilante work in the midnight inside Festac, and I saw a procession of youths doing a candle light procession. Apparently someone had died, and with the level of youthfulness they displayed yeah, the person must have been young. So if you think that you have no reason to be thankful, Welll… Think again. I had this very strange dream on Sunday ooo. Hehehehee You know all those Angel versus devil kinda dream. Oluwa bu Eze ooo.. The Yoruba Angel won sha, and I am glad to be alive. I think I am watching too many Yoruba films :).

So last Friday yeah, I was on my own ooo.. Remember that I told you guys that I was buying something from Konga.com, well those goons called me 5 days into my order, after I had waited, Fasted, starved, trekked, and hoped for my device, and told me Mr. Duru, we don’t have your order, we are sorry. I almost killed the geh ehn.. I mean I didn’t have Lunch all the week, and you say I am sorry.. Really? If not that she had a Bedroom kinda voice that can make someone commit adultery ehn, I would have insulted her life finish. So story short.. I forgave her sha, but not Konga grr.. Last Friday, one of my Oga’s gave me this really cool Versace shades. I mean it's DOPE. I wore it as i went to Stanbi, and I looked like all those Exxon Mobil brovers, and even one guy who was trying to help me switch coys earlier this year saw me in front of Africa Re Tower and was staring hard at me for like 3 minutes till he called out my name.. hehehe The brother couldn’t recognize me. He then said I had started chopping V.I money, and in my mind I was like “” Bros chill jo, it’s the power of Versace wey them just dash me..”” 

Moving on from the 8-5 that day, I boarded this Mini busses home. In Festac ehn, there are many keke Busses than Human beings now. I men those guys are everywhere.. They are the new Okada in my area. I mean I had my weekend all planned out for me, ready to turn up, watch Jack Bauer till infinity.. eheenn jack Bauer finally had sex ooo from season1 to season 7 my brother had sex only once, that guy needs a Grammy.. Not to digress too much, as I sat in this keke enroute my Mansion like room, we pulled up at a traffic light, and then a car NO! 2 cars pulled up right beside us. Mehn these rides were fresh, all slightly tinted and all. Me I just sat in the front of the keke bus forming gangster as I still wore my Versace glasses around 6PM ooo and inside bus oo smh for me.. hehehe Thinking about it ehn, I feel ridiculous, shey its called Sunshade na? JdB is there sun by 6PM in your village? And who wears Shades in a bus? my answer to me iss.. Well its Versace nah **Winks And then as I stared admiring this IV tech, I realized that the occupants of the car (both driver and drovee) were my contacts from wayyyy back. I finished secondary school almost at the same time with them, and there they were, in a Honda IV tech, and here I was in the front seat of a keke bus wearing my Versace glasses. I mean as I Looked on to them yeah, I couldn’t but help to wonder if Education was really the key. I mean it was an open secret that both of these guys who moved out of my area llllooonnggg ago and were now living the life had become Yahoo ++ boys, and so they were swimming in cash, and here I was bursting my ass 3:47 Am- 11 PM daily for the past 18 months, and I didn’t even have a Keke of my own yet ( this is where I sniffle and cry). Mehn to say I was slighted was to say the least :(
 
look how calm the angel looks, guess thats how we should battle our fears, with calmness.

As they drove off in what seemed to be a convoy, as they had this really tech Audi ride in front of them, My mind started the battle. The battle about how I was doing the wrong thing, the battle about how all my friends seem to be online all through the midnight doing cyber crime.. How do I know hehehehe Trust me, I use a windows phone, who is offline on FB all night, and online all day.. And buys 2 cars in 2 months? And then I started to feel less of myself. As they drove away, I felt the Monster of un-satisfaction with my now grow stronger in me, the argument about what exactly is the worthy course to success got louder in my head, The question about if the end actually justifies the means, or if the means is not relevant began to haunt me, and I almost concluded that the means didn’t matter, but the end was most important, and that if I wanted to get all them fine chiks like these guys had, and them fast cars, I had to indulge. To say the least, my insecurity began getting the better of me. Would you blame me? I am 22 Years, 11 months 22 days old purpose driven young man. :(

You see life through my eyes is a bloody confusion, and I seem to not understand why growing up is so damn hard. Sometimes I feel like I am just not doing as well as I should, but you know, regardless of what God has given me in the past 18 months since leaving Uni  yeah, I still have that negative consciousness. You see I for one feel like we are our own enemy, and that humans have the subconsciousness of Negativity more than that of positivity, an outlook to look at ourselves with the eyes of mediocrity as against hopeful excellence. We frequently often fail to see the good in our position, as we steadily look at the great status of our neighbor, and few of my kind who are suckers for success often just want to get there sharp sharp. The truth is we are our own driving force, our own inspiration, our own ability to believe, as well as our own Brakes, and our own self destruct button. But unless we find a way to ignore the monster within, and refuse its theatrics, we will never be able to sincerely enjoy life. Unless we are able to drown the inner roaring of that enemy of progress called YOU, the continuous conversation telling you that you are no good, telling you that you will never fulfill purpose, telling you that you do not deserve the degree of success which you have attained, telling you that where you are is not where you want to be. Unless you are able to see through the eyes of hope as against doubt, then I have learnt that we will never be what we really can be 

So this morning great young mind, I implore you to not Live a life based on comparison, to not measure your success based on that of another, to not live a life of envy, strife or pride in an attempt to make you feel better, but to rather live a Life of Gratitude, cause in the words of my awesome Blog mother Janyl Benyl(Did i tell you Janyl initiated this 14-FOR-14 challenge? I am so proud of her :) )

""A HEART OF GRATITUDE OPENS DOORS OF OPPORTUNITIES""

I know this part sounds like me trying to make me feel better yeah, but use your church mind believe that its not :p. As I looked into the I-V Tech, I realized those 2 Ex- friends of mine had the cars yeah, but not the smile, as I saw an eager tensed feeling for the next deal to fall in place, I saw gloominess. So as a sort of compensation, as I got down from my keke Bus, I put on my Versace shades, and I was baddooo with a smile.. Guess I aint doing bad afterall… I guess at the end, Money is not all that matters, Versace matters too.

Thank you for the past 7 minutes of your time great Young mind, you do me a great Honor fam. In ONE + THE ONE’S voice I pray that this week shall make all your dreams come true, and that even f you are caught in the battle of Yoruba spiritual warfare (as I was on Sunday morning), God will send you your Yoruba Guardian Angel to come and rescue you. Hehehe mehn I saw a flying Tuber of yam in that dream oh.. Chei my life. Heheh Cheers. Mehn Ayo can pray for Africa ehn. Yesterday I was going through her Chat on Watsapp, and I replayed back her Audio Prayer. And mehn I found myself echoing Amen. Ayo is awesome, aswear. She is just awesome.

P.S: My Baby starts writing her Mid-semester Exams today, please say a kind prayer for her, she is my world, my happimess, and my heart beat and anything less than a 3.77 wont cut it for me and her. Pleasee. Thank you in advance for praying for Jilda.... xx

P.P.S: I apologize for the length of post, just use your church mind and read it bikonu. You know I write only once a week nah, so would I be wrong to make it long?? :*

BLOGGER ALERTS: Have you guys met My Tweenie? Her name is Ritah Nakyeyune, and She is Ugandan. I mean I met her through Ugo of Beautiful Eagle, and each time I go to her Blog Yeah, I always come back more inspired and fulfilled. She is a wonderful writer, who balances both youthfulness with reason... Trust me, she bad like that oh.  :)

Also I met this really cool Blogger last week. Her name is Oyinlola.. Mehn she Is awesome (and as a guy man, I followed her on IG sharp sharp.. hehehe she can fine for Africa shaaa…).  Oyinlola’s is a really articulate Blogger. She wrote this post about Sex, and let me just say that that post had me committing Adultery in my mind **Winks as she has the ability to bring her writing alive.. Mehn that’s how good a writer she is. Its official Bubba Oyinlola, I want to be like you when I grow up. 

And then Drum Rolllsss… Eden Suzaanne. I mean It’s wonderful how we meet people that can write and give us peeks into not just their heads yeah, but their hearts as well. Reading Eden Suzanne’s blog always lives me awed at how Natural a writer she is. I mean she is an awesome lady who is able to heal others with her words, inspire other with her lines, and experiences. Mehn Susu :) You are one of the coolest writers I have met o- Jari…  ** In Toinliciou’s phoneh voice… I am proud of you :).
 
Have you guys gone over to my Otunnes blog. I mean one thing I love about Adaeze’s blog is her ability to give voices to her alphabets. I read her Blog and I am like in Ernie’s voice..goddamnbullshit this geh can write..:) She is able to tell tales that makes you get lost in your own imagination. Go on and check.

And finally my Blog smallie, and the only geh that calls me an Aristo ( I mean who ever heard of a 23 year old Arist? I love that child already). Hehehe let Wajilda catch you.. Mehn if you haven’t met Modupe, then you are on a looonnngg thing. Mehn she is a real sweetie eh. I love the way she is all young and confused. Kinda reminds me of me when I was 17. To me she has a great Future as a blogger. 

Someone please help me Beg Changing Post Codes to come back on.. :( She is one of my most favourite bloggers, and i know she is under a lot of pressure and all, i just wish she will write more. So this is me tossing my wishing coin into the well of hope, believing someone could help me beg one of the coolest writters I know to come back on.

#Udo


27 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Bia Drop comment jo ToyoN. heheheheh Which one be Grin.. I will just tell Mr. Speed racer for you oooo. :) how are you Bubba??

      Delete
  2. Hehe....as always tight post!....buh you know....I dunno if it is just me mehn...buh I find it REALLY HARD to compare my life to anyone else or wish for something someone else has.....I mean.....on one too many times, I have been in situations where I should feel like, 'Wow!..Ernie..this would look good on you or this should be yours'....buh mehn....I don't even bother enough to entertain such emotions....**shrugs** maybe because I always KNOW that EVERYTHING I NEED ON PLANET EARTH will be mine in God's appointed time....I mean....you got a cool car? - Tibs don't care......you got lots of money? - Tibs don't give a damn....your job isn't legit? - Tibs still don't care......See...this is how I see people who earn money in illegal ways - I know that life is difficult, I also know that human beings have insatiable wants and I can tell you this without thinking - I am NO psychic....I don't know why people do what they do...I dunno what drove anyone down that path....and I am christian....a very spiritual one too....so unless I have picked up the application to become God....I am NOT bout to judge anyone......If getting money illegally pays your bills and keeps you happy...**shrugs** Oh well...you alone know why you chose that path.....and it is DEFINITELY none of my business...

    **thinking** I seriously dunno tho' buh mehnnnnnn......I don't compare myself to anyone and I don't care bout anyone's lifestyle status....I don't even care enough to find out why/how that person became that comfortable....We all have been given designated paths in life...I am NOT bout to leave mine cuz someone's path seems straight or because someone's path is tiled.....Experience has taught me that there is a fine line between wishing to be like someone and being jealous of someone........Oh well....that is me!......and then again...illegal or legal - I believe in a merciful God....(remember Jacob stole Esau's birthright buh in the end, he used it for good....)....Sooooo.....**shrugs**....wishing to be like anyone buh Erniesha is never gonna happen in my books...or wishing to have what others have is not gonna happen either...if I can't afford it...I take that wish and throw it out..

    Waddup papi...**I see you**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mehn Ernie, when I read this comment on my mobile the first time yeah, i was like true That.. And now it even strikes me a lot more... Mehn Bubba, I wish i could be like you oooo.. You have so much strength.. I try not to Ernie, believe me, I do... But... I am only human, and I guess i ain't as strong as you yet.. This line hit me hard:

      ""EVERYTHING I NEED ON PLANET EARTH will be mine in God's appointed time""

      truly, everything we need will be ours somedatn as long as we are willing to work hard to get it. Me as a person always mix up what i NEED for what i WANT. i guess only time will teach me to do better. I am learning Bubba to be stronger, to control my wants more, and to not even TRY and be jealous.. It aint easy yeah, but hey, i will keep keeping on.

      Thanks Tibs for being here all time everytime. You Rock Bubba.. **In Mobys voice.. Oya Chop kiss. DoroErnie DoroMega DoroSmart.. DoroErnieSuperSmart :)

      Delete
  3. Back then in school, I had this saying to my classmates, if the money ain't legit, it ain't worth spending. Don't rackle yourself handsome, you will get there, its a matter of time. Besides those guys might even be envying peeps like you that still got some conscience left.
    And a line caught my eyes, so if your boo gets a lower GPA, you will dis boo her abi wetin?
    Have a blast monday handsome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ ""if the money ain't legit, it ain't worth spending."" I dey tellllell you.... Engr. Bubba, You know ehn, its funny how we never really know how others look at us ooo.. You are right.. They may look at me and want to be like me, where as here I am wanting to be like them.. smh Life is just crazy aswear. :)

      heheheheheehh @GPA. hehehehe No oh!!! She always claims to be smarter than me :p @jilda, so we have a kinda bet that she has to out do a certain C.G.P.A. Its my little way of pushing her to be better than her past best.. Thanks for stopping by Cliverly, there this always a sea breeze kinda feeling whjen I read your comments.. I fit die on top your matter eh... Cliverly ooo.. xo You Rock Bubba. Cheers.

      Delete
  4. I think the weekend is suppose to be 30 hours. But its monday. I don't hate mondays (somebody lied). As for the post, I don't compare myself with anyone. In my mind, I always feel like I'm a bo$$, a king..... I don't like sunshades but since its versace, I'd have love to borrow yours.
    All the best to your gf in her exams.
    I've gat a lot in my head but no time to type.































    #Mαηηiε














    #YnC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehehehehehehe Myyyyyy Nigggggaaaaa... You know, you are actually right.. I am learning from you now that the sure way to be and feel better as regards comparison is to realize that You are a god, and you know what they say yeah? Why be a king when you can be a god? hehehehehhehe My Versace shades is chilling in my wardrobe ooooo.. i don't want it to scratch, and i don't want Sun to touch it either **Winks so i packaged it somewhere.. lmao..

      Brover mi.. its always nice to see your comments.. It always gives me that My nigga, My Nigga Feeling.. Twale baba. hehehehehe Abeg Suffry they live space ooo.. Haba... You want to finish all the space ni? #JustJoking. hhehehehehe Abeg carry on jo, you too much Oga Boss. Mannie for Lagos state Governor 2015...

      Delete
  5. I was jejeli reading the post then I saw my name...*OMG* See me blushing here with happy tears streaming down my face...thanks for the mention handsome. That was really really really really reaaaaaaaaaaaally sweet of you.

    Back to the post: I have learnt never to compare myself with others. What's the point? One will only end up wasting away wishing, being jealous, being bitter and all the negatives attached to such. I tell myself that someday I will buy all the things I want but can't afford at the moment, it is only a matter of time. BTW on that buying issue, I reneged on my decision to not buy that 'thing'. The 'thing' is actually a phone and the current seems to have developed a mind of its own getting itself shattered on me. So I am forced to order for a new one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahahahahaha Abeg Bubba, Blush small smalll oooo.. Over Blushing is a sin :) Thank GOD, you are a really dope writer nah, so it is a honor to mention your name on the YnC blog.. You can write for Africa ehhhnnn... :) That Sex post... Choi.. You dont wanna know what i thought. **Winks

      Yeah Oyinlola, You are damn right, I guess Time is the only thing that actually seprates us from where we are and where we want to actually be.. Hmmmnnn I likey, Brains plus Beauty in one ship called Oyinlola.. Its official Baby mi, i want to be like you when I grow up.. :)

      hahahahahahah@ Developing a mind of its own.. Mehn that thing can pain sha.. When Technology just turns against us like TERMINATOR... Okay can i suggest that you buy an iPhone 6 heheheheh then use it for 3 months, and when Its value drops to 50k in your hand i will buy it from you.. So deal?

      Delete
  6. ever heard that that weekends are made in china, that's why they don't last.

    we all have different destinies, the ultimate is to fulfil it. Just as you saw your classmates riding in "tush" cars, there are some who can't compare with you, some are dead and there are those who envy your present status. Crime doesn't pay and I am glad that you know that.

    strange, I also had a Yoruba dream Sunday night

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehheheh No be small weekends are made in China ooo.. It is well. My own must be made in the innermost suburbs of China, cause they run pretty fast.. **Wears sad face... Yeah we most definitely have different destinies.. I guess in time yeah we will all get to actually get where is destined for us. You know this your comment makes me realize that I should be more grateful sef, cause I may not be where i want to be yeah, but thinking about it, i am not where i used to be.

      Thanks for stopping by Bubba, i always feel like a 3 star General when i see a comment from the Almighty Mzz Sykik.. I likey :)

      P.S: You had a Yoruba Dream too?!. Mehn mine was plain scary ooo.. I think I need to mail you.. I saw a flying Yam. hehehehe Mehn,, I woke up with cjhills.. You needed to see me scabashing afterwards.. :) Omo the pastor in me came out oooo...

      Delete
  7. I agree with Ernie...
    We all are different. We all have different destinies; so all man to his own
    Nice post dear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Esther, I know that, but sometimes its just damn hard to accept and admit. :( **Deep sigh.. It is well oooo.. The lord is our muscle. Thanks for dropping by Bubba, You need to see me blushing like a fish right now... :)

      Delete
  8. It's good you were able to snap out of your self pity and remind yourself about gratitude. Having a car would be cool but peace of mind is even cooler IMO.

    YAC's girlfriend,good luck with your exams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She be my Fine fine fine Lady eeehh.. Fine lady... Yeah I am glad that i was ooo.. Thank God for God sef, cause if not ehn, i would have been throwing a pity party for my self all through last weekend. And you are really right.. Aint no wealth as good as some Peace of mind.. Thanks for dropping by Ronniii... **Singing she be my fine fine fine lady eeehhh.. Fine lady :)

      Delete
  9. Money is not all that matters, Versace matters too. Tweenie its maturity setting in and these life phases do haunt us. I have been there..I have been haunted by the success scavenger, felt like success was snailing on me; but like you u said versace matters too. Step By Step One by One...Yours starts with the Versace..theirs started with their keke...Your gonna hit that spot Tweenie. You always write from the heart...when I am reading your posts I feel truth and hear it as well. Young money on a journey of life jungling life, success, love and all that evolves and forms around him

    Whenever I see my name there..I smile a fat smile and feel the love crawling down and downer. Thanks Bubba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmnn Truly Tweenie, One by One and step by step is how to cut it... i like how you always make lots of sense :) Amen Bubba. Thanks. I keep saying to everyone around me, that someday by GOD's grace yeah, we will have more than we need. It is well oh, all it will take is time.

      Awwggh You are making me Blush.. hehehehe You ehn Ritah, you can shaaa make someone feel special for Africa shaa...

      Love you too Bubba, you are a really ghen ghen writer, and its a honor to have you down here, so a mention is something i am glad to do..my way of whispering my Thank you. Cheers Bubba, and keep doing you. :)

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Am looking for my Johnny ah ya ya ya *eyes Jilda*
    Hello Papi, how you doinz? Lol mehn things like this sets in everything time but having the right words to push those feelings away is what we all need. Not everyone can be gangster like my blog mom, because sometimes you will just find you looking back from the genesis of your life and asking God where did I miss it but hey there is time for everything and the race is not for the swift. So let's be thankful to the Most High. We will get their.
    Mami Jilda hehe aka the Olori of Mr Duru aka first lady young and confused blog, wish you success in your exams, you shall excel ijn no lecturer will put sand inside your golden morn o.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agbani in the Buildddiinnnggg!!! Yeah Bubba, truly there is time for everything ooo.. But living one day at a time often times just feels too slow. Oh well, i guess that's the only option we have :(.. I wonder if i cant just catapult to my future, have that fleet of cars, a House by the lake at Lekki, a ghen ghen job, and even own my own coys, marry Jilda, have my twins and all.. But maybe its only a step at a time life can go.. So Yes Tosyne, I really am grateful to GOD.. Looking back yeah, if someone told me i would be here, NOW! i would have said it was a lie.. So mehn i have a LOT to be grateful for.

      hehehehehehe @ First lady of the Young and confused Blog.. Lmao... Now that killed me.. heheheh Amen ohh.. No Lecturer should event try it, or else na Fashola go seprate me and the lecturer fight ooo.. :)

      Delete
  12. wow!...powerful post.....tibs has said it all.....we aint the same......

    moment with zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Bubba... We sure aint.. But sometimes Zoe, i just feel really weary, and tired.. Like life is moving tooo slow.. Oh well, Time will tell i guess.. So no more comparison for me.. I promise Bubba. :)

      Delete
  13. I agree with momentwithzoe, very powerful post! You are a deep man Duru.. I like your perspective that you may have the physical/material things but nothing substitutes peace of mind and the feeling you get when you finally hit that money from hardwork..
    Keep riding the Keke with pride (for now lol) Duru.. You have a great future.

    PS rock that Versace well jare, even at midnight, it's not an easy sumtin..
    Thanks for the love always, I appreciate you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheheheheheheheh @ Keep riding the keke with pride. lmao.. Now thats hilarious. Amen ooo. I guess all i have to do is focus on the dream regardless, and keep my act together, and dont give up on God cause he has BIG FAT plans for me ( this is where i turn to a pastor abi na acting pastor). It is well oh Ayo. Amen Bubba. Thank you loads..

      About the Versace shades, heheheheheh mehn Bubba, I have packaged it in my Wardrobe oh Jari.. I dont want Sun to spoil it for me.. I am keeping it for 2017 Christmas, and my wedding as well **Winks.. **Winks again :) Haba you are a very ghen ghen somebori nah One + The ONE, it is a honor to even have your name on our Blog.. You na Baddooo Baddedst Blogger ever liveth.. **Winks. Cheers One + THE ONE. You Rock Bubba. :)

      Delete
  14. Duru mehn!!! You know how to keep your readers entertained till the end of the last line!
    What can one say? Keep on keeping on and pressing hard bro... We'll all get there. To each his own race :) Cheers to the Monday ahead!
    T.Notes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Oga Boss T-Notes, it is always humbling to see a comment from you sir, as you were one of the first people to believe in me. May GOD make us bigger. I am thankful to GOD that you can relate to my confusion sir, truly, i am sir.

      P.S: ""To all Man his own"" my newest Mantra.. :)

      Delete