Monday, 6 October 2014

Forever Young



Good  morning Good afternoon great  young mind, what’s cracking. Hehehehehehe what more can we say But from the bottom of my Liver and in Eric Thomas’ voice THANK GOD ITS MONDAY!!!! Heheheheh I am so super excited as I type this post, mehn my room is a mess, as in everywhere is scattered.com as in  Clothes everywhere, Paper everywhere.. Its like they fought WW5 here plus it looks like na yahho boys room, and thanks to Peace Itimi I trecked Israelite treck this morning.. I mean this lagos na waa…. I went to one place and I heard them shouting Ole Ole Ole!!! I mean they were chasing a supposed thief.. this lagos ehn… Kai if you see as I ran ehn, you would think I was the thief sef.. You see in Lagos yeah, if you hear OLE!! You berra Run ooo, cause some jobless "Jah rasta fried rice people"  are looking for Human being they will burn as salah ram… Aint no city like Lagos city aswear… So how is your Ileya (Groove, Public holiday, chill time) going? Mehn I woke up by after 9 am today, had to trek for Africa, and then used ll my devices to put up one post.. I miss free wifi, and my PC.. But don’t you just love Nigeria?? The country with the most amount of public holidays… When I was leaving the 8-5 last Friday, one Onyibo man was saying that we have too many Public holidays in Nigeria, and in my mind I was like Before nko?? All the suffering wey we dey suffer for this Nation no reach to give us more Holiday ni? mehn around 4 AM my winchie winchie alarm was making noise…. if you see the speed I used to shut the dang thing off ehn,  you would have thought the screen would have cracked… The love of sleep is the beginning of adding weight oh.. :)



So Forever Young… As usual Last week Saturday, I had to go to the food market for Dr. Duru to prepare the Bi-Weekly soup and other things we use to survive in the Duru’s hose, and on getting to the busstop, I realized that it was Salah. You know how I knew? The Bus stop was packed with Human Beings.. It was like the U.S.A Embassy was giving free Visas there, and in my head I was like Kilode??? As in there was so much crowd yeah, it was like a crusade, and I heard the Public commute busses shouting Baracks N150.. Mehn Immediately it hit me that it was salah, and that these Bus drivers, and Public commuters meant business, and they kuku used the opportunity to exploit people… I mean a Trip of 50 Naira was hyped to 150 Naira, in one morning… Diarisgodooo ahan! But as an Igbo man nah, I was like ME! Obereagu (Small Lion, my Dad calls me this when I impress him ), the son of Barr. Duru will enter Bus with a fare 3 times the normal price?… Tufiaaa.. so as a Young energetic man that I am, I put on my Moses swag, and my Trekking began, and I ended up trecking  from Alakija to Trade Fair. Now the last time I trekked that distance was when I was 17, and as I trekked it again at 22 years 11 months, it all flashed back to when I was 17. I mean it seemed like just yesterday, I mean it was the same situation of hiked fares, and as I walked, I looked at my dusty legs, at how my once young looking feet now looked, at how my arms hadn’t really changed as the muscles no gree come out, at how I now thought, and at how the things I sort after now had seemingly changed, and then it dawned on me that I was growing old, my time as I know it was fast being spent.. This thought scared the hell outta me, and I was like Damn!



A couple of evenings ago, I was returning home and was tired as mad, too lazy to think, and slowly dragging myself enroute my Bed…And then I walked past a child I had known in the neighbourhood for as long as i can remember, and as I approached this child, he bowed his head and said, the Dreadful words, “”UNCLE GOOD EVENING”” I quietly muttered a response more out of utter confusion, than out of happiness or fulfillment, and it hit me as I walked past him, and I thought to myself, Damn!!


And then Dr. Duru hasn’t made matters better, i recently went to her room (as I prepared to go for a function) and having that it is only her room that has mirror in the whole house, apart from the external windows, I went there to confirm if I could woo another Jilda with my looks, and then she said these rather confusing words which immediately made me go loose my hair, as in I cut every single hair on my skull, and a reasonable part of my beards so i could look young again, if you see me now ehn, I look like Roberto Carlos with my skull shining like the sun... heheh she said “”Junior you look like the first Born of our home””  mehn I was like what tha hell, I was supposed to be the second to the last, so how does looking like the first come into play, and then it dawned on me, and I was like DAMN!!!

All my life I had always wanted to grow old, I had always wanted to be independent of my Dad, I always wanted to not be told “”Junior do this”” or “”go here”” or “”don’t do that””, and now, I am at that point of my life when I decide my fate and it scares the hell outta me.

I went to mass Yesterday with Dad, and as we walked into the Church building, I looked at how similar Dad and I are, I mean I had barbed all my hair so we looked like Twins now (try not to picture my look now, it will scare you.. :) ) I looked at how much of a striking resemblance we both share, and I noticed how much of a younger fashion of him I was becoming. My Dad is all I have, and sitting down with him yesterday, I looked at his hands, how the protruding hairs which were once Black, had all grown grey, at how the guy man who I always imitated his step, charisma, voice and affluence, was gardually growing older,  at how as I now had finally mastered his step, his now hard a kinda drag, and then it struck me that I will be like him one day, and that as I was growing older, so was he. I realized that soon I would be unable to chase girls, unable to club and drink, unable eat red meat,  that I will one day have to not eat what I want, but eat what the doctors prescribe, and that I would one day be old. Now this thought right here scares the Hell outta me.

The truth is that life through my eyes is a bloody confusion, and I do not understand WHY we have to grow old, but what I know is that we HAVE to grow old. I see it as a curse we are all stuck with, a journey we all will have to travel, so i ask you, looking at your life now and here, do you think you are actually Living or are you just Existing? Do you think that when you are old and frail, that when you look back at today, you would smile a smile of satisfaction that you climbed and Rocked that bull called life with all the youth you once had, or that do you think you would be filled with regret? The truth is WE ONLY LIVE ONCE, so lets try to make every second count, lets live, love and leave a legacy, so that someday, we will be able to look back at today, and appreciate the great mistakes we made. Sadly, our society today restricts us with Dogmas, and various stringent rules, we all try to please the very next person sitting to us, by sacrificing our now, our youth, our today. The truth is I really don’t know the truth, but what I am sure of is that someday we willl be old, Frail Grey headed, unable to trek for Africa, unable to chase girls, or travel miles just to go gossip with our bestie, unable to drift like Errnie, unable to get wasted, and do all the promiscuous things that we wish we had done, so today I implore you to get of the overly cautious line of life, and LIVE life, to develop enough courage to leave the shore and set sail into the confusion known as life, to actually live life to the full, cause on the long run yeah, we will regret the things we didn’t do, more than the things we did which didn’t turn out just as great as we expected. Also yesterday thought me that as we grow older, so do our parents and those we love, so we owe them an obligation to love them more, to not forsake them as we enjoy life, to spend on them regardless how little we earn, to tell them to the face how much we love them, and to make them know that all the pain they put into making you, right from the night of pumping Tire **Winks, down to school fees, to sleepless nights, and all wasn’t a waste, cause truly all our parents want to know is that they raised a good kid, and that you are thankful for their sacrifices.

Thank you so much for the past 7 minutes of your time great Young Mind, you do us a great honor… I mean there is no me, without Jilda and you guys, Y’all give me a reason to live. As we go into this new half week, or whats left of it. Heheheheh I so love this Mon-Esday resumption day, that your ATM will not debit your account without giving you cash, but instead will credit you a jara of 2k on the next withdrawal. No go give bank back oooo, its my Prayer that is working... #PastorJdBmode





P.S: Its Peace Itimi’s Birthday on Wednesday the 8th of October 2014, and she turns 19. I am so psyched up about this child cause she is my Partner in crime, and i can so relate to her.. I have that kind of tweenie feeling when I talk to her.. So Y’all please say a kind word to her on Wednesday… Happy Birthday Peace, may the next 365 days make you smile a smile that will make others smile.. You are a beautiful child Bubba, and I am grateful to have met you down here. Bia where are we turning up?





P.P.S: BLOGGERS UPDATE:



How many of you have met Zoe??? Mehn this child is crazy.com… I go on her Blog weekly, and I read her posts, and then I laugh so hard that I don’t know what to comment hheheheheh.. I mean she is so awesome a blogger.. Please go over to her Blog if you can, she is drop dead Hilarious…


So I met Modupe and Atinuke a while back, and I was like Damn!!! This Bubbas are awesome… I mean they both are soooo smart, and easy to relate to, and I was shocked that Mo is only but 17, I mean she could pass for 23.. And I only knew she was a teenager when she stated Pocket money limke 5 times in a post.. y’all Please go encourage the only child that calls me an ARISTO.. and I Atinuke is just a beautiful writter, i man i read her blog and feel this peace that comes from standing at the sea side, with the sea breeze blowing your skin... I mean  in Ernie’s voice goddamnbullshit… You need to go to both of these blogs...

My Beautiful Blog Crush C.P.C just finished her Bar 1 exams, and so she is gonna be going gangster on us on Blogsville… Now this lady just trips me, and I was drawn to her beauty even before I saw her.. So turn Up Turn Up people… C.P.C for governor of Lagos 2015.

Now just so you know, I appreciate Wajilda my heart beat, Ms Janyl Benyl my Blog mother who I can die for,  Erniesha Tibs who I can sacrifice my left liver for, and One + THE ONE my In-law who my family will so love soon… **Winks so please go over to their Blogs, and if you don’t learn something from these 3 ladies, then come and collect your time back from me, and then kidnap me too...

Shout out to Boss T-Notes for Finally!!! Visiting my Blog after a lllooonnnnggg time, I almost did 40 days fasting to draw him back here, but he was here last night, and I appreciate his comments… Shout out T-notes to one of the first people to believe in me.. Cc. Toinlicious… **Clears Throat, and Shines teeth…

P.P.P.S: I got a wonderful mail from Suzanne yesterday, thank you so much for your mail Bubba, it left me inspired, and you are soooooo welcome to the YnC blog... please oooo I am falling in Love more and more with Tosyne, Soggie and Lhurve, these are 3 beautiful ladies oh Jari, and wonderful Bloggers… They are making me that doesnt even know what shoe to wear on sunny days love fashion more and more... Plus I am learning how to Rub cream from Gbemis blog... I hate cream ehn, it makes me sweat like fish,butGbemi is such a beatiful beauty blogger...

F.N: MY APOLOGIES THAT THIS POST IS COMING LATE, TECHNOLOGY IS NOT OUR FRIEND. SHOUT OUT TO TOSYNE AND ERNIE FOR CHECKING ON ME, YOU GUYS ROCK.

Pheeewww that was long, but hey have mercy, I blog once a week nah, it has to be looonnnggg… **Wears Mr. Nigeria Smile…

#Udo

31 comments:

  1. Yay!!!...First to comment!!!....hehe....I thought to say that.....okay....after reading this post....it dawned on me that in less than a month I will be 25.....and then BAM!...I will be 30....and then I will be 45!!!....JESUS CHRIST!!!....and then Tibs will be 50!!!.......Fuck my life!!!!!.....(Tibs relax...age is a number).......huh?!?!? Age is a number at 50years??!?!...... **sigh**.....mehnnnnn.....buh at the end....I am actually happy at all I have achieved today mehn.....sooo yeah....I am gonna keep living....I am not gonna exist....I am gonna LIVE!.....mehn...I love this write-up.....sooo cool!......wadddup papi....**waves at Jilda**........Just so you know Tibs loves you dearly mami...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehh Ernie of life... growing up kinda scares the living day light outta me too eh, but hey no one knows tomorrow yeah, and why sweat what fretting about will never fix... i guess we should just enjoy today, and live it to the fullest. THANKS Bubba, for turnig up for us all time evey time. You Rock Ernie.

      Delete
  2. I'll be back to read this presently at school. See ya larra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmnn TeeKay hope you did not do me promise and fail oh Bubba? ;)

      Delete
  3. You trekked from where? JDB you will not kill somebody
    Meanwhile, you must really be scared of getting old.
    I sure did not read that you can die for me. Biko, do and leave this your confused state. I can't wait for you to grow out of it soonest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheheheh Yes nah Mama, i can not let all these Lagos people be chopping my money for free nah... **winks Yes oh Janyl, growing old scares the hell outta me, and i dont know what to expect when i grow older oh mama, a d yep... in Wizkids voice... I fit die on top your matter ehhhhh janyl oh... :* heheheheh **Runs away :)

      Delete
  4. Chai that trek ehn, the last time I tried it oh boy it wasn't funny at all oh jare.
    Happy birthday in advance to itimi she is awesome like that. Thanks for the shout out made me do my happy dance *side eye jilda*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheheheheh all these Jilda you gugs are jildaing... Diarisgodoooo... Thanks for ztopping by Susu of life **winks... your presence makes me feel special Bubba, you Rock...

      Delete
  5. You are a good writer

    www.icelaw.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Oga Boss for visiting and for your kind words sir, 3 gbosas for thee.. Cheers.

      Delete
  6. The Musings of growing up..apart from being looked at as an "oldido" the kids start giving you titles Auntie, Uncle. Even the kids with whom at one time you were all kids ; a time comes in life and for sure you are more mature than they are:- Eh mawe--the bald head--looking out for a pic on instagram it should be soon.

    http://ririzmusings.blogspot.com/2014/10/you-win-for-while-and-then.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Ritah you sure know the feeling dont you?... hehehheheheh mehn that Uncle prefix left me like What tha Hell!!! It is well oh... about the bald head.. **covers face.

      Delete
  7. Hehehe u and this your post sha. Hmmm no too run for lasgidi if they shout ole! Ole!! So they don't think your d ole they are looking for.

    Everyone wanna b young again even my dad says it but life is like a candle that the money it lights up it just keep burning down like that....this reality makes me wanna cry too

    Shout out to peaceitimi....wishing her happy birthday in arears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes oooo I no go run again oh, better safe than sorry yeah? Truly Bubba, we are but like candles, shining at day time, and soon to go off. It is well, i just pray we live a life worth living at the end of it all. Ches Bubba. XX

      Delete
  8. Next time don't trek just holla at Tosyne so I can call my driver to pick you or better still I send my boys to deal with those motorlist wey wan build house within one day.
    *clears eyes* Ermmn so I dread growing old, when I celebrated my last birthday I had mixed feelings, you know when you are growing old some things just has to change about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turn up turn up... thats my Agbani speaking, :) i mean what was i thinking sev? i should have just called... **hits head on the wall. :) Yeah baby mi, as we grow older, some things which used to at one time be ""ghen ghen"" all just become like ""oh well""... it is well sha Tosyne, make we no think am, cause regard.ess if we think about it or not, we will grow older regardless. Thanks for stopping by, you Rock Bubba.

      Delete
  9. I know oh being older is not easy but we have to do it, so we can make room for the younger ones and the yet to be born...

    Lol....looking like a first born is not bad oh, I am a first born oh...Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i guess and thank you for reminding me that i will soon die to balance the Eco system. :) Heheheheheheh Awwgghhh Funmi, thank you for visiting and dropping this kind comment, i will go over to your Blog ASAP. XX

      Delete
  10. Enjoy old age jor *hands tou wisdom hat and walking stick* lmaooo

    So erm, why did i get cc in that line Duru? Come and answer me o because i don't know what ya talking about :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheheheheh so you dont know the reason for the Cc. Yeah. Heheheheh isssorait oh, angels are watching your lie on skype oooo. :) Thanks for visiting Toyon Tomato, its always refreshing to have thee around Bubba. :)

      Delete
  11. Nice post once again, Duru. That's why the Bible says "Teach us to number our days so that we may apply our hearts to wisdom" I'll send u a mail soon. Nike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that Bubba, true that... Ehmmm i didnt get your Mail, and i am sssoooooo sorry for missing your Birthday, forgive me please.. :( Happy birthday in arrears Nike of life, may Gods wisdom upon your life never cease. Cheers Bubba.

      Delete
  12. lol hilarious post it really scary that you could be easily mistaken for a thief nawa o heheheh @moses swag i am weak. and lmao againing at not being able to chase girls that part of life hence the reason why we have to enjoy the present but anyhoo you've been tagged check here http://thediaryofmsalmondeyes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turn up Turn up... thanks for visiting Ms cookie... You are a real funny writer, and i love your content, will get to the tag ASAP. Tha ks for visiting bubba. :)

      Delete
  13. Loooooooooool! This is totally hilarious. When I can read this without laughing like a hyena, I'd drop a proper comment

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just discovered your blog, I've been reading your posts for close to an hour now, you are so real and hilarious.
    www.realcilverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwggh you have me blushing like a fish here Bubba, well thank ya, you do me a great honor with your time and your kind words. Cheers.

      Delete
  15. forever young I want to be o......when I was fifteen I usually tell people I was twenty because I wanted to look big and all that...... but now that Am 24+ gosh! I want to reduce my age.......and ya Thank God for my stature no one can guess even when I tell them ama 20 y/o.........


    Moment with Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aaaaawwwwwwww! He talked about my birthday *I cant stop blushing*.... Sorry 4 d trek eh, who knows it ll gv u muscles :p.

    I wanted to grow old since forever but now, its scary growing older, all the decision and responsibilities...whew! I gotta go PLAAAAAAAAY....taking life too seriously aint sexy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Finally....now I know I am not alone in this 'I'm getting old' fear....I mean everytime I think about it, I'm just sad....llike really Moby you'll soon get married and then be a mother and start paying school fees. Mehn its scary but I'm looking forward to it...hehehe
    Shout out to peace. Sorry its coming in Late. Blame it on the laziness...
    Wasap papi....

    ReplyDelete