Wednesday, 12 November 2014

14- FOR-14 Challenge (Growing up_ November 2014) #Grateful.. Duru is 23 and counting :)




Turn Up! Turn up! Great young minds... I am 23.. heheheheheh I can’t believe I am finally here.. Asin ehn, I am super psyched, and very grateful to GOD. heheheh aint no holiday like your Birthday I guess.. :). I mean I am grateful to GOD that i have met Y’all, as you guys have become an integral part of my life, as you make me a better person with your kind words and advices. This time last year yeah, my life was just there, boring, simple and grumpy. And then came you guys, you gave me a reason to smile, an additional reason to live, and a reason to strive to be better.. You guys Rock aswear, and I am humbled. So from the bottom of my heart this is me saying Thank you.. Thank you for having my back, for being here, for giving this Young and Confused 23 year old a reason to love mondays, and for being so ghen ghen all the way. There is no me without you, aswear.


I mean blogging has to me being a walk of faith, as most times when I blog, I ask myself who is gonna read this? but I am learning to just put my thoughts out there in hope, and my! I thank GOD that I have met you, yes you. I am smiling like a fish right about now.. Oya lets gist tintinli.. So last night yeah, I went to the Barber shop to get a hair cut. Now many who know me well well know that I am born from the Samson lineage, hence I hate, and I mean HATE!! Cutting my hair, but as I turn 23 nah, I cannot carry 22 year old hair over.. **Shines teeth. Soooo upon entering the barber shop ehn (did i mention that this is the same shop I have been patronizing since I was 14? so the barber knows me intoto heheheh), ehen, as i entered ehn, **In Wajilda's voice.. the Barber saw my hair and shouted Guy wetin chop your hair (paraphrased)... heheheh He said i was growing bald... mehn! Bald? Me? How? I was dumbefied. Now having that it is only Dr. Duru's room that has mirror in the whole house, except you want to go and be using outside window to do make up at 4:30 Am, , I hardly use mirror oh Jari. I just pour water, brush teeth, brush hair, wear cloth, look for where i threw my socks, wear shoe, and zoom offf, so i hadnt reaaly noticed.. Well the "Bald" phrase just kept resounding in my head, as they seemed to have sunk inside me like a needle piercing the Ikebe of a sick patient attended to by a winchie winchie nurse, all those wicked ones. :(

You see all my life I had wanted to grow up, wanted to be the cats meow, wanted to be the Don- Doro Bucci, and a one man mopol not under my Dad’s tuttelage no more. But right here and right now as i strike 23, I miss being Young again, I miss not being bald.. **Crying in French. I don’t know how the coming year will be for me Fam, but I don’t care, I thank GOD for now, for this very moment, cause thats all that truly ever matters. I am thanking GOD for you guys love. So right Now!! i am kicking of my shoes, wearing my Aba made All stars foot wear, and flexing my day. Cause we only live once, and Dulling is a sin.
23 and counting...
 
Shout out to all the participants of the 14-FOR-14 challenge... You guys rock... Please dont vex for me oo, I had to use my igbo sense to convert my birthday post into the challenge post for November.. **Shines Teeth. :D 3 2 more posts and its a wrap init?

Cheers Fam.

#Udo #ItcanonlybeGOD



45 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Duru. i wish you long heathy life and prosperity. you're growing old already o eh. so, it turns out that you're birthday mates with one of my BFFs and not just that, you're age mates. meaning, you both were born on the same day in the same year. Woah! Cool innit? lol. And I'm back to the blogosphere too and it happens to be your birthday. Cooler innit?

    BuzzedbyBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turn up Turn up... Gbemi for being first to comment on my Birthday post, you won yourself Top Up worth 1500. Will inbox you in a bit. Thank you for everything bubba.

      P.S: Kindly let me know your prefered service provider.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to you papi......Today I celebrate you and hope that all the good things that life has to offer will come your way.....Have a blast papi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bubba, you are amazing by default.

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday, Duru! May this new year be filled with joy unspeakable for u. May you never have a better yesterday. I wish u long life, prosperity and sound health. Have a good one! Nike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @may you never have a bett eryesterday... Amen oooo.. Thank you Nike, you rock... but Nike you have been AWOL ooo.. in section 419 of the bloogeers code of ethics, it states and i quote that no Blogger or comment shall leave me for too long... biko, i beg you in the name of MTN, dont leave me ooooo. **crying in french.. Thanks Nike, you rock.

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday handsome, may God favour you beyond your imagination and bless you with the good things of life. You don dey old.o small small, shey u know? Don't know what happned to the comments I left on your previous post asking for your email/digit so I can holla. Anyway, have fun man but don't do anything Jilda won't approve of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Bubba... Thank you so much... Bia did you say I don dey old??? Bia it is WE don dey old oooo... weare in this together Engr. Heheheh cheers Bubba. You rock.

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday Duru!! I pray God continues to Bless and Protect You...Love u muchos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turn up Turn up... Karen came visiting.. Karen i beg you in the name of MTN, biko dont leave me ooo.. Thanks Bubba, i appreciate.

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday Duru!! I pray God continues to Bless and Protect You...Love u muchos!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday dear.. Wishing long life and prosperity

    Don't forget to make a noble wish.. Who knows,someone might be up there listening and might make your wish into reality...

    Have fun papi and don't you ever forget to SMILE..

    Hurray! Hurray!! Hurray!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwgghhh Thank you so much Judith, you are such a sweetie.. in short will you marry me?

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday dear
    I wish above all things, that this day marks the beginning of greater heights for you
    Very best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mama, i appreciate. Thanks for the cake Mama, you rock.

      Delete
  9. Many more amazingly beautiful years to you Duru. Happy Birthday...don't you worry, you'll have something to celebrate everyday! Soar & dazzle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you plenty plenty Oyinlola.. some times yeah, it feels like i have known you forever... you are just amazing by default Bubba. Thank you for being you, and for being true Bubba. :)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you so much amazing Vira... you rock. :)

      Delete
  11. TTT's Silent Reader now DAJ's SR12 November 2014 at 19:33

    Really??? 23? You've got to be kidding right? Hhmmm! Why not tell us your "real age" not "football age" *frowning* na wa o! OluwaDuru of life!!!...Congratulations dearie( I got you scared mehn, lol!) Really as in, too much wisdom and wise words coming from a guy your age is so amazing. You sound/write intelligently, kudos to you OluwaDuru. You are indeed a blessing to your generation.
    I had to blog stalk you ooo from Erniesha's blog*smiles* cos of your writing skills.
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheheheheh GOD bless you... thats all i can say. Thank you sooo much. I am humbled that you traced me down here. Thank you.

      Delete
  12. Happy Birthday dear.
    Wish you many many more happy returns, plenty money aka no more zero balance,and open heavens.
    May all your prayers be answered in Jesus Name. Amen.
    Small time now you go clock 25, then 30.you don become baba be that oh.lol.
    I hope you had fun sha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much B/S, i truly appreciate you and I thank you for your humility... you rock Bubba...

      Delete
    2. Thank you soooooo much B/S you mean plenty to us on the YnC blog... GOD bless you plenty... :)

      Delete
  13. Yay!!!! Happy birthday Duru. I wish you all of God's blessings, the best of jollof rice, and cake. You will grow in strength and favor will surround u in Jesus' name. All the best, u ate becoming a bug man oh. With love Atinuke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Teekay... you Rock Bubba, and I thank GOD for the day I met you...

      Delete
  14. Happy birthday dear. May God continue to bless you and keep you. Everything thing you touch shall prosper nd favour always follows you. May you find true love * wait you have that, keep that for myself*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheheheheh Soggie, you always leave me smiling... thank you so much Bubba... Amen at your prayers oooo and amen at the love side too... **winks.

      Delete
  15. Happy birthday Bubba Duru... im sorry it's coming late, network has been cray
    Many more years, God's blessings, may God grant you all your heart desires and continue to give you reasons to smile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haba, No P Bubba... the Onyibo man says bett late than never... thank you for turning up for me Esther Koko, you Rock..

      Delete
  16. Happy birthday duru...I wish you God's blessings now and forever,may you grow in wisdom and grace and be a blessing to your generation.....www.yhwhatiya.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday Oga boss once again, me sef my birthday na all year round...so once again happy birthday. My God grant all heart desires except that one our two dey fin. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ice, you are the rdal MVP. Amen to your prayers sir...

      Delete
  18. Happy belated birthday to You *covers face* I've been under the weather oh, hope your day was fun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amakaaaa... thank you so much Bubba, i appreciate.

      Delete
  19. Happy birthday 2 u dear Duru,I hope you had a wonderful day and that the year ahead is filled with much love, many wonderful surprises and gives you lasting memories that you will cherish in all the days ahead.So sorry I couldn't post yesterday,was a litu bit under d weather,have a SUCESSFUL YEAR!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah no wahala Sweet Dee, i am really humbled that you came by... you Rock Bubba, and I appreciate you a whole lot... cheers bubba. Heheheh you nee to see me smiling like a fish here cause of your comment oooo

      Delete
  20. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaapppppppppppppppppppppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy birthday, broda man. Sorry i couldnt come as fast to wish you the best. But take it from here from me. I wish you the best of luck in all your endeavours, wish you long life and a prosperous years ahead.

    (Thanks for the mention in your earlier post, i appreciate)

    #enjoyyourday

    #itcanonlybeGod

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Oga Boss... Twale Baba... you are the real MVP.

      Delete
  21. Happy birthday Tweenie. What plans do you have? Cant wait for the stories of all that is gonna transpire on the birthdate.

    ririzmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much tweenie, it was actually fun... Events occured in real time o instagram. Heheh

      Delete
  22. Thank you so much Fam, I pray that GOD in his infinite mercies, bless you guys big time, may you always find reasons to celebrate, and as you all made me feel so loved on November the 12th, may GOD shower you all with love in return... Thank you so much Fam, you own me.

    ReplyDelete