Monday, 8 December 2014

14-FOR-14 Challenge (Growing Up_ December 2014) Turn up! Turn Up!!! Fam, its the grand finale.. :) Oooossshhhheeeey!


Turn up turn up ladies and gentle men… as I type this post yeah, my every muscle and ligament hurts, my eye lids are doing touching body with each other and I am tired beyond definition.. But you see I am still mega excited as it’s the last post of the 14 FOR 14 challenge series.. I have patiently waited for today, because it feels too good to style my way and finish something… Before I over talk about me Fam, how are you guys? How was the weekend? Hope you guys turned up oh! Hope you went clubbing and caught one in **Mzz Sykiks voice Hayoungee.. heheheheheh I mean I still need to ask her what that means.. So this post is the #TeamYnC way of celebrating and signing out of the 14-For-14 chalenge, which was initiated on the 29th of December 2013 by the Amazing Janyl Benyl, and commenced officially on January 1st 2014. The contenders for the competion are Beautiful Cee, my crazy sef, Adroit T-Notes, and of cause my beautiful Blog mother Ms J.B. I really thank GOD we made it thus far. Truly it is not him that willeth oh, nor him that runneth eh, but GOD almighty that showeth mercy.. So leggoo.. There will be a mini giveaway at the end of this post… Wait oh! Do you guys know that some hotels in V.I charge as much as N 35,000 a night? Goddamnbullshit… mehn that’s kerosinely crazy biko?? After the night will they give me 7 virgins to go home with? Mcheeewww.. Plus my future girl friend Linda Ikeji bought a gown at an auction price of N 1,000,000 last night. Yep, you counted the zeros right. :)

So in honor of the 14- FOR -14 Challenge, I shall be doing an imitation of all the series of the contestants.. hehehe I shall aim to copy their slangs, calligraphy and styles of writing.. So wish me luck FAM. **Takes deep breaths… JdB you can do this yo!!



(Janyl Benyl my Mama of life) Style my way: The Woman wrapper in me.

Hey Lovelies

As most of you already know, I am a true definition of a woman wrapper. I actually used to be an active dancer :), funny how I've been saying this a lot lately. Now my life encompasses a lot of things, ranging from being a visionary, to being a motivator, to being a DANCER, then to being a clown, and then to the most important part of it, to being a woman wrapper. But in all, I appreciate the part of me that wants to drive for change, to correct the flaws in our society and to make things better than they already are. I actually miss those my days of dancing and standing on my toes though. But yea, yea life happens… 
.



Tell me you can't see it from these pics? Narcissistic much, huh? Nah LOL

 Last night was mega turned up for me, hence I asked one over zealous photographer friend and volunteer of mine to help take pictures of me, as I strode down the red carpet in my dapper looks. You see, yesterday was the Future Africa Awards 2014, and as a volunteer and big fan of Chude Jideonwo and Debola Ailliams, I was dia live to see all the fine fine ladies. :)  So this was what I wore to the event.. Yep… Theres the gentlemanly side of me I guess, I just thought I should bring this part of me that happens a lot too. I just do not always dress up in shoes, ties happens too old sport :).
looking gangster right?! :) Dressed by the Trio of Dr. Duru, Toin Alsina and Lhurve. 

Last night, on leaving Festac town yeah, I thought to myself about how I was going to take selfies with Tiwa, and Banky and all them ghen-ghen acts, but as I sat there watching the amazing Asa sing, it struck me that in all sincerity yeah, I shouldn't really worship these guys, cause all they are basically Human beings who were wise enough to chase their dreams, and stuck to it regardless. So if I wanted to be like what they have become, all I needed to do was earn up to my dreams just as they did.



At a time yeah, I was trying to see if I could still stand on my toes, but I changed my mind and just snapped with any Bubba I could catch, and my it was worth it. :) I actually thought my woman chasing skills had left me, but I realized that it was in built, and a woman wrapper i was called to be for life. :)… I didn't think I would be able to chase and woo ladies anymore after a long while of not practicing. You know yeah, I am actually enjoying the single life oh! My watsapp keeps buzzing, and theres less guilt and more turning up.... I actually plan to start going to the gym, cause I need to have the beach body for them ladies also.. :) Dont worry, it is far from insecurity.  




The show was amazing, and when I went to Ouch lekki to pick up Ice prince Zamani's suite, I saw Iyanya, and nodded at him. Funny thing though, the Nigga simply nodded back, and I was feeling all dapper and shi.. In the words of one geh I used to know, I was feeling like a pimping.. Osshhheeeyy. I know I should not be doing this but you see, when I get in my "element" and decide to do something yeah, I do it with all my heart. So nor vex biko.. LOL :) 

Have a nice week ahead,
Love Always
JdB


Twitter/Instagram: @young&confusedafrica_byjdb / youngandconfusedafrica_byjdb


(T-Notes baba) 14:14: Friendship and the awesome #wife material Toyon Alsina.



Now I am one known to live life based on no mans terms but my own, I most often like to see me as what they call in my local parlance; a "1 man mopol", you know the brave enough but yet still stupid brother who thinks he needs no body but himself! Well yep, I have towed that line for quite a while in my life… But you see the events of recent times has in a way streamlined by idiosyncrasies from that of just a financial annalyst in a foreign land trying to survive, that whose father told him that he should just keep keeping on solo and he will suceed.. and gradually to that of a young man beginning to understand that there is need for that tact decision to stick to a person no matter how we see them at the initial, and facing the reality that we all need somebody.

Last Friday at about 10 pm, my beloved sister who I constantly tease about how much of a chef she is, promising to buy her a porshe and an Oscar Delerante designer piece when the hustle in the white mans land pays, rushed into my room and said the words which every young and confused Nigga would dread to hear, she said Junior; "Internet is spent". I shivered at these words, as I immediately began to have a silent soliloquy in my head as to what the next step to take would be, as I had budgeted the most of my cash to taking this beautiful lady to the Future awards come Sunday, probably book a room at the exquisite Intercontinental hotels and suites, and hope that we get some midnight action...  I had wished that Dr. Duru had sauntered into my room to give me a better news, but naahhhh… So I flipped over to the other side of the bed, and began to do a little but intense financial analysis of liquid cash, more same as I usually did daily at the office, only this time I analysed my own personal account balance and not that of some fat bellied Russian gambling at a horse game. With an utterly sad disposition, I concluded with earnest sadness, that I was fucked up.com as a black young and confused African living in a foreign land with no internet. hehehehehe

Luckily for me, as this was one of the times I choose to believe in luck I was just talking with the ever beautiful Toinlicious on twitter, as I sort to do what I have in recent times come to see as my husbandly or should I say "Aburoly" duties of disturbing Toin on weekends via the various social platforms… (kai its mega hard trying to emulate T-Notes, the brother can speak big big English sha). You know onething about Toin is that she is willing to go with me through my wonder years, and share my utmost confusion, never criticizing or looking down at me. More importantly last Friday was a day that I knew that I had found a new friend that I would hold to heart.

You see as the honey jar hereinafter called my Megbytes expired on our WiFi device, I put a call to ToyoN alsina telling her that I was out hence couldnt continue with our watsapp chat about the cougaring Vivica fox, and she said the heavenly words that went "I will send you top up, infact let me do it now". I immediately froze.. Having that I had stood on the BRT from V.I to Festac barely hours ago, i was mega tired and slowly drifting into lala land, but just as  time passes speedily when a 23 year old brother watches a lady twerk on the dance floor at a peek show, she sent the airtime so fast that I was close to tears.

You see what Toin has failed to realize is that that little action which seemed not too ghen ghen for her, meant the world to me, and my I was humbled that she sacrificed so much to put a smile on my sadness ridden face. Dr. Duru couldnt even believe the act of kindness, and was awing and awing all night. I was like woman go and sleep jo. hehehe. 

There and then I knew that I had found not just a friend in Toin, but it was confirmed that I had found an Egbon Obirin, and that amidst frustrating spreadsheets and financial reports which i had to deal with daily, not excluding my colleagues who were in a haste to get on the "MRS" train, I had found a reason to close my Fridays on a high note knowing I was going to disturb the amazing Toin one more time, I had found a wife material that only age limited me from appreciating, I had found an Egbon who is super smart, an amazing office-space buddy and who is also super nerdy. That is why we get along so easily like milk and water. ;)

.
All that said, my blog review for this month is the amazing and ever beautiful even in anonymosity Toin Alsina, whom you should zippy over to check out her page, particularly if you might be interested in the full details of how she stays happy and easily influences others to do same no matter how bleak you might feel within, plus if you need a fresh lovable lady, I recommend her all time every time. She is such a darling, and i love her much. Did I tell you Toin has a wonderful Bedroom voice that makes it seem like the angels in your head are chorusing the hallelujah? Well yep! She does.

*P.S: This is a post aimed at showing Toinlicious how much I appreciate her, cause she is one in a million, and my love for her is growing to know no bounds.” Love you much Toinlicious.

***************************************************************** 
Intro:
 The 14-for-14 challange by Janyl. (Click here to familiarize yourelf with the '14 for 14 challenge'). I recently accepted this challenge to go on a quest searching for brand new blogs...with the bull-headed conviction that all creativty is not lost within the nigeria-blogsphere. And also desperate to prove that, contrary to recently popular opinion, not all of the new blog pages are uninteresting (to put it mildly). This is my thirteenth post into that journey.



Whoop whoop! I cannot actually believe that we are here already; at the grand finale of the 14-for-14 challenge, and I would like to start by appreciating everyone for their support. I mean it feels like just yesterday that we commenced, and we are here already. Plus have you guys notice that its barely 17 days to Christmas *inserts dancing*
Not only that, the joy that my service year is gradually coming to an end is unexplainable, and  I am most grateful for it all, as the put down we face as corpers is hugely tiresome. In my little girly voice within, I say yippee cause I am almost there....




Today I taught my class about the values of giving and about how we always earn more when we give more, and as a devoted corper that i am sadly becoming just at the end of my stay, I got all kitted up in my NYSC regalia to do it.
.
Its so amazing working with children as they tend to show sincere cases of innocence and the eagerness to learn, but having that my class consists more of male teenagers, with their hormones bumping like the man that just saw a lion, I had to subconsciously tilt my teaching into a sermon.


You see I had noticed in the last valentine season that many of my kids had exchanged items of love, which I suspected to be more inclined towards seeking physical favor from the other sex, as against the sincere intent to give. So I wanted these kids to understand that we didn’t need to receive any sort of compensation in terms of kind or more kindness as an exchange for giving. :)

One of my overly excited kids went as far as explaining to the class how his girlfriend was indebted to him as a results of his gift and signs of love, and how he on a regular collected his giving back in kind. I was amazed as to how the young people of our time have declined in morality, and as I quietly ended the class which had become more of a sermon on the mount, I ended with the words from the scripture down below.


   
Now its your turn... what do you guys guys think?! should we give to receive, abiding by the Nigerian law of "I scratch your back so you must scratch mine." Lol! :)


Oh before I forget, I would like to say thank you to The Young and Confused blogger *yimu*
or the blogger police as I like to call him for all the PDA’ing and all. He is one crazy human being, trust me :)!



"Give not thy strength unto women, nor thy ways to that which destroyeth kings."
Proverbs 31:3 (King James version)


So that’s it fam, my little way of appreciating all the bloggers that got into the 14-for-14 challenge, they all inspired me at various times with their ever thrilling post and all, and my I am excited and thankful to GOD that we all saw it to the end. A couple of times it slid by my heart to stop, but remembering that this was an opportunity to exchange thoughts with the ever Beautiful Chisom, my mentor and brother who inspires me with his tact manner of writing and his charisma T-Notes, and my wonderful and ever beautiful Blog mother whom I am growing to love so much Ms Janyl Benyl, I thought to just keep keeping on.

Thank you for the past 7 minutes of your time, I know that is really rhetorical on this post, but you know if you believe its 7 minutes long in your mind, its actually 7 minutes long in reality. **Shines Teeth


P.S: So in the season of Christmas, we at the YnC team would like to give out N 1,000 wort of airtime on this post. All you need to do is GIVE THE NAME OF THE PERSON ON OUR BLOG TEMPLATE THIS WEEK. The first person to answer correctly wins. A tip is she is on my Instagram page, and she is a ghen ghen blogger. 

Cheers fam, as you are why I write. Do have a ghen ghen week ahead fam, and may you fall in love with that somebody you haf been crushing on ni oruko Jesuuuu.. Amin Amin Amin ni oruko Jesu... :)


#Udo #ItcanonlybeGOD

29 comments:

  1. Lool. That T.notes intro part made me laugh so hard. This my aburo, you're definitely something. See as my head was just swelling anyhow lool. Thanks love and you're welcome.

    As for the giveaway, that would be Janyl, Eniesha, Ayo and my humble self, Toin. Yasssss but i'm giving it up for the next person that comments. I'm cute like that *wink*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheheheheheheh i pray ooooo.. See you feeling like a boss **Tongue out. Egbon with all due respect ehn, you are wrong ooo. You refered to the family Tree, I am asking the name of the person on the Blog theme. :)

      Delete
  2. Nice post but quite long *side eye*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guyyyyyy your post long anyhow full everywhere... I got lost sef
    That's Moby on your header

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehheheheheheh Pele jo, the idea wasnt for one to read all, but for one to read the one that best interests one.. Eweliwe.. :) And nope, thats not Moby... :) She is actually quite close to Moby oh! :) Berra luck next time..

      Delete
  4. Hahahaha JDB
    You are a clown
    Congrats are in order
    I can see you really rocked TFAs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehehehehe well Thank ya Mama, I had to Rock the TFAA's oh! it was part of my healing therapy... Plus it was mega inspiring... Chisos, i saw everyone form Kunle Afolayan to Buhari! hehehehehehe Thank you, i feel so thrilled that I made it to the end, and I thank GOD for the grace.. :) Thank you for everything mama, i am forever grateful. :)

      Delete
  5. Mua knoweth not what to say about this post. Please handsome do me a favor, don't talk about a girl or love in your next post pleaassseee. Am begging.o,
    Ehen about your outfit, you look dapper, fresh like Dbanj, big shout out to your three stylist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheheheheheheheh Yeah, I figured that would happen.. It was me attempting to write like some really dope bloggers I know. heheheheheheheh Because you raised it, I am most definitely talking about woman in my next post, you know I am a woman wrapper nah, i just cant help it. OOossssssssssshhhheeeey. Thanks for making me blush... Bia you can whine somebori shaa... :) iBlush. :)

      Delete
  6. if it's not Jilda then it's meahhhhhhhhhhhhhh..
    Hello Duru:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheheheheheheheh Turn up Turn Up Ladies and gentlemen, Beautiful Ugo is back... heheheheheheh Welcome back Bubba, it feels cool to have you here again.. Choi! i haf missed you pieces shaaa... :) How was camp! Hope you turned up? Oya gist us. :) :) :) :)

      Delete
    2. The joy anytime I see ugo's comment.








      #mannie

      Delete
  7. @Ugo it is not jilda o... mehn things have happened since you left. Lemme give you gist...abeg send me your number asap for ghen ghen gist.
    Duru this post pass 7 minutes o...kai but I use love read am *mwaaah*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehehehehehehehehe Amebo kobo kobo. You haf come oh Moby!!! So you wanna gist my gist to Ugo ba? god will judge you you will see :) In all this gist you are sharing, diarisgodoooooo. hehehehehehehehe Moby be always cracking us up.. Thanks Bubba, I know it was really long, but I just had to do it. Trust you are doing good Bubba?!

      Delete
  8. Men I have missed this blog oooooo - I'm coming back to comment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheheheheheh Y.T in the building ladies and gentle men, we haf missed you too Bubba :) we are waiting ooo!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks Bubba, I thank GOD you could relate to it.

      Delete
  10. Duru u for call me make we go d future awards together nah, only u kon do Mr. Nigeria go, my God will judge u o...nah Tosyne!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bloke!!!!! How's you? The point behind giving is to not expect anything in return abi? Thanks for visiting. You always bring such cheerfulness with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turn up Turn up ladies and gentlemen, Ausserehl in the building. Thanks Bubba, its actually always a honor to be at your Blog, you are an awesome writer, and i sssoooooo wanna be like you when I grow up Bubba. Cheers. Thanks for coming by, you do me a great honor with your time.

      Delete
  12. Duru u go the show alone ehn, my sweet shoe I spray dey waste, seriously I don't know what to comment here, but you look good bro, your stylists try... But next time employ me, ever told you am a stylist. Cheers bro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehhehehe sure thing Oga Boss, next time, na you i go run meet. Cheers sir.

      Delete
  13. Looking goof fam, looking good.
    www.akinfaminu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Oga Boss... welcome on board sir...

      Delete
  14. So I am just seeing this now... Lemme catch you first! I so don't write like that *smh*

    ReplyDelete