Monday, 22 December 2014

ECHI DI IME (Tommorrow is pregnant)

...the pain is temporary
 
Turn up turn up ladies and gentle men, elenkemeghani (Means whats the 411)? Ehmm.. **scratches head, what is good morning in Igbo again oooo.. ** Gimme a sec... So... while Google translates loads cause of my poor internet service at this hotel, I will like to stick to my English jejely.. So how are you guys doing? Hope you guys had madt fun oh during the weekend? Hope you turned up? Permit me to state at this point that my weekend was just annoying, you wont believe i missed the TFA End of the year party... I mean me!!! Miss party. Chai, fuck my life! . Mcheeww.. you know yeah, growing up we never had enough cash in our house, so atimes i would see my Dad and mum snap at us kids for the flimsiest of reasons, and these usually happened after they made one ghen ghen purchase or repair or something that involved them spending sha.. Ehen i remember, most times it was usually after I broke the TV screen, or I broke the center table, or I broke a glass plate in the kitchen, i was a breaky breaky child ooo Dont test me, i could even break a mirror just by looking at it then.. Mama and Papa would get so upset ehn, if to say you gave them gun, they could shoot us. Now I didn’t understand that, I mean the reason why they got so upset, until I started making my own change. You see they were mad cause Money is hard to come by, and easy to let go of, and lemme just at this point say that god will judge and punish the person that thought about POS (Point of sale) Transactions. I mean that thing is devilish, man go just give them card, bam bam, money e haf go... So last week i stupidly spent about 17k uselessly. First I did Father Christmas and took 1 geh and her friends out, well that was to proof a point though, but it was still stupid, cause I was like in my Igbo voice: "Bebe take this ATM card, this is the password *****, Spend the money"" . Bia my people when i got home and started getting alerts ehn, i almost ran mad. Heheheheheh It wasnt that bad Jari, i am just kidding, but nna ehn, it was painful ooo :(. secondly i went to Mr. Price and bought beach wear for the TFA parry.. I mean short Knicker sold for 3k. I mean I never exssperred to be that stupid and I still missed the party on top, so the short knocker is in my wardrobe, and the beach shirt i haf converted to christmas cloth. CC: Toinlicious. :), but oh well, I guess there comes a time in a mans life when he is stupid by default.
 
So I am presently at Owerri, Imo state, and I have had this thought in my head for a while. Echi di ime... Now my Igbo is horrible, and it sounds like mixture of German and Yoruba and a bit of Italian join, :) but since the great Traveller and my Mentor in Circumnavigating the world; Clara tasked me to get better at Igbo during the Yuletide season, I will most definitely try. Many atimes life is somehow for us, you know our present seems so not up to par as people seem to put us down with their words and pride, we feel like our world is static and that of others is spinning at full proportion, like we have it worse than any other human alive, but the sincerity of it is that we don’t, we just believe that we do, and our mind tricks us into more of complaining than enjoying every moment. We subconsciously wrap our selves and thoughts in un-satisfaction, and stay depressed and sad. Now to anybody currently in that state of life, all I can say is Tomorrow is pregnant, so do not quit.
 
When I was in Uni, I used to be mocked about how I overly wrote during examinations, tests and lectures, and my coursemates would jest about how Engr. Duru would write ""and the lecturer sneezed"" on my note book, if the lecturer sneezed during class. Well was I that serious a student, well Yeah I was searching for good grades. A lecturer once said openly that I would write so much and still get an average grade at the end, and my it got to me atimes due to the huge insecurities i once held in me. But the thing is I never knew that being that writy writy as I was seen as then would lead to this Job that I live by, I never knew that this writy writy would lead me to the feet of great Bloggers and and ghen ghen readers like yall, I never knew that being a writy writy would lead me to lead and direct ghen ghen projects like we do at YnC now. So my point; is life in my head is a clear confusion, but as long as we don’t quit, don’t give up and don’t stop keeping on, then that thing that looks like a flaw in our lives could one day become a gold, that abandoned stone could become the head corner stone, that thing that the society mocks us about will one day become our strongest points..
 
Truth is i dunno what we are all going through, or what life is seeming like for us at the moment, but what i know is that in due time YnC Gang, in due time everything will fall in place. Kindly permit me to end by quoting one of my most favorite lines of all time,
 
""at the end of everything yeah, everything will be alright, so if everything is not alright now, then we are not at the end, so don’t give up on you, GOD, nor on your dreams.""
 
I am currently going through this challenge in my life gang, and I can’t wait to tell you guys about it, hopefully soon when its all over, I will be able to, but for now I am holding on to my own words, believing that at the end of it all, everything will be alright Fam.
 
Thank you for the past 7 minutes of your time great young minds, you do me a great honor with your love and support, and my prayer for you this Christmas week is that any chicken that you and go and buy in the market will have egg inside of it, cause that would be a sign of an upcoming testimony.. Yep! Call me Nostradamus for a week. :) Ehen my Google finally translated; Good morning in Igbo is Ututu Oma. :)
 
P.S: So i traveled to Owerri yesterday, and I suffered, I mean is it just me or traveling by road is wahala.. As we speak nah ehn Fam, my shoulder blade aches like I fell from an helicopter, but oh well it is what it is I guess. On the bus yesterday, i saw this young child that should be about 4 years, and the way he and his siblings were clothed showed they didn’t really come from a family of means. However, I noticed that this was a fine child filled with passion for music, as he bumped each time some one put a street by 50 or a beat by Dre ear piece on his ear. It sadly broke my heart that the gold carried by this child was covered by some sort of mud, as regardless of his huge passion, he had a seemingly low self esteem, and that worried me, cause I know what it feels to be where he is. So Ayo thompson CEO of oneplustheone.com is doing something for kids this X-mas season. With N1,500 you would be paying for a child to go see Santa. I know its hard to give fam, e dey pain pass injection, but why are we living if we aint creating smiles on the faces of others? So if you can, I implore you, No!! I beg you to do something nice for a child this Christmas, and let those who have little or nothing know that someone out there loves them.
 
Shout out to Leeshar... Now Leeshar is a YnC Reader and my X-hostel mate at IMSU, so on getting to Owerri last night, all these winchie winchie hotel people said I would pay 5K for a night and check out at Noon the next day. And i am like Tufiakwa, i would rather sleep at the park, and come pay 5k for a full day today. But then Leeshar called me and gave this young and confused brother roof over his head. I love you Bubba, and i want you to know that your acts of kindness last night has a room in my heart for life. Cheers Fam.
 
Do have a ghen ghen week ahead. To all them blogger fam out there, i am so gunning you down one by one for my Christmas giveaway oooo.. So beware, you will be in for a scare in your comment section if i don’t see any X-mas give away. **Long throat mode activated. **shines teeth
 
P.P.S: We at YnC might have a mini something for you guys come 24th, so if you can fam, please come around.
 
Instagram/Twiiter: youngandconfused_byjdb/ young&confused_byjdb
 
#Udo #ItcanonlybeGOD

21 comments:

  1. Maybe I shouldn't comment then because I fear I know what you will ask. Anyways, that sleek, attractive for naught phone has packed up...again! no thanks to your wicked prayers. When you return, I shall be glad to sell it to you but meanwaiiil I hope the plans for 24th would be in the evening?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehheheheheh the phone has packed up again? Lmao.. **singing, i have a god who never fails... lmao. I should be in Lagos soon, infact i will push my coming back a day ahead cause of thee... and amma goona let you know once i get in so o i can pick up my price **shines teeth. Lmao. I hope you are good though Bubba? Tried to call you all through 25th but no road, hope you turned up oooo ;)

      Delete
  2. Duru Bubba lemme just tell you what I want now.... I just need a new HP laptop.... Finish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Esther! No kill make Duru account turn red oh.

      Delete
    2. Heheheheheh okay oooo Dont worry Bubba, i will buy you an Apple when my container arrives from the high sea... lmao...

      Delete
  3. Oh lawd I hate road trips eh and I remember those uni days of driving with the buses to calabar from PH. Worst days of my life mehn ahhh. Or is it nysc, let's hapu that story. It go hard to be in a giving mode here o. Shebi you give ppl with no means abi? Well seeing as the govt basically help out, my poor bread or warm clothes would not be received well. Anyone living on the streets is doing that because they want to. My opinion of course ....they probably need drugs and cigarettes and ermmm I'm not helping anyone with that nah.
    Anyways, God bless ur friend well. Sure we all like the cosy bright lights big city life a hotel can give but imagine another good u could do with that 5k....so what did you do with the 5k. I just need a box of indomie and half a kilo of dry fish.
    Enjoy your holiday Duru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahahahahaha @indomie and dried fish... lmao. Now that was Epic. My dear ehn, road trips no easy oh, esspecially not when you get to sit at the back of the vehicle.. i nearly threw up. Anyhow sha, as we dont have option for now nah, thats our lot for now.. i always have that nostalgic feeling each time i am about to travel. Complements of the season Bubba, and thanks for the support, you rock Bubba. Cheers. xx

      Delete
  4. 5k may be small for some people but for me is big money.o, that's what d hotel room I stayed in when I was there cost too. Thank God for my friends hubby, 10k for two days no be here.o. Still figuring out what to give for my blog anniversary sef. Hope you are ok handsome? Me I want a tundra truck or wrangler for xmas, will you buy me one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahhaha Chisos, Cliverly you no dey fear god.. Tundra cha... not even Honda Baby boy? Nawa oooo god will judge you oooo... lmao. Mehn forget all these Hotel folks oh, they want to remove somebodies head, but god pass them. Hope you are good Bubba? When is your Blog anniversary? Hope there will be a parry ooo....

      Delete
  5. Breky Breky Duru. Ututu oma :)

    You and geh matter sha! I hope the bebe is now your wife o, after demolishing your account...

    In other words, well done for trying small small with Igbo, aunty Clara is proud of you ;)

    And you are right. Life is a gift. Many people pass on at this time of the year, and that often reminds me that while there is life there is hope. Sometimes I look at my past and I cannot believe all the things that have happened, and I'm only 30 o. In short the only thing constant about life is change...and based solely on probability, some of those changes will be for the better. So Duru hang in there, na sure thing say e go better.

    As for road travels in naija. I remember my 6hour journeys from Lagos to FGGC Akure, I just used to become prayer warrior ni. Didn't want to die at the tender age of 11 (-16)! Thank God for journey mercies sha.

    Duru have a wonderful Xmas, enjoy the village and time with your family. Come back scattering Igbo, and "see" you in 2015!

    Lots of love,
    Clara
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahhahahhahahah @ Prayer warrior... mehn Aunty Clara some of these trips can make somebory turn to prayer warrior true true oooo... thanks o, truly like you said this life is a gift, so all we need do is appreciate now, this very moment, forgetting about the past or the future, and focusing on only NOW. Cheers Bubba, and turn up wella today ooo **winks xx.

      Delete
  6. Lmao. I hope the point you wanted to prove was worth it? Hehehe
    Duru,its been a while o.I don't even get to see you on the blog again,abi you Don forget us?
    Hey, I hope I get to partake of this giveaway * straight face *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont mind me Jo Tasha Barbie, i just went to blow money i dont have, but oh well, the point was established, i think oooo. :) Forget TTT? How? That is impossicant.. maybe we might get back there soon, maybe never, we never know. Cheers Bubba.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Go jo, Mo. We are still quarelling **wears straight face.. since you refused to update your Blog ehn, i am officially disBabying you till you further notice, more like till you do. :-/

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Myyyyyyy Nigggggaaa I see you Oga boss... Cheers, and complements of the season.

      Delete
  9. So after buying the outfit you still didn't go, that's not bad cos now you have new clothes. Kai Chioma you want to bury Duru alive???
    Divadiari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soggie the thing pained me ehn... i wanted to cry. Kai. Abi ooo, trust me, as an Igbo man, i haf already converted the cloth to Christmas cloth... Dont mind Chioma, she wamts to scatter my account balance. :D

      Delete