Tuesday, 20 January 2015

15-for-15 Challenge_ Family (January Post- OH! MY HOME)



Turn up Turn up ladies and gentle men, what gwan fam? What’s happening? In Mobys voice Kilon pop?! Mehn I dey vex.. I mean yesterday I went to bed relatively early, more like immediately I got off the phone with Erniesha yeah, I boarded the next flight to lalaland, and then bam, I woke up to that frigging alarm by 3:47 Am, and saw this email from the place of survival saying “Dear Duru, please turn water into wine and send to us at the Abuja office VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING.." I mean comeonnn… these guys ehn. Haba! Because I am forming loyal and doing Vampire that doesn’t want Festac morning sun to catch me in bed doesn’t mean I don’t have a life nah.. **Shrugss.. Anyway, I just got in here, but before I even open my outlook yeah, lemme attend to you guys who are the real MVP’s jari. I would have said you guys mean more than my job to me ehn, but as an Igbo man, money matters, and in the light of you guys refusing to start paying Tithe into my Stanbic account yeah, I have decided to be loyal to my job a little more than to you.. **Wears Tashas mischievous  smile.. So how was your weekend fam? If i didnt send you a V.N with me singing in my Ghen ghen voice over the weekend, then expect me like second coming ooo **Shines Teeth. Hope you guys turned up ooo, hope you went partying… that reminds me, tomorrow is my Numero Uno’s birthday, and the birthday of one of the bloggers that I trip for with all my heart.. You see ehn, something about Agbani is that she gets mad at me per second on Watsapp, but I love the fact that she never stays Mad at me.. Agbani I love you to the end of the moon and back, and if not for the kinda muscles that your boyfriend has, plus all the Brother in the lord moves Gbolahan is throwing at us that we dont quite understand ehn **Tongue out, I would have been toasting you by now. Happy Birthday in advance bubba, please have fun oh, and give me details for the parry biko, my blood dey hot and i haven't been with woman in a while.. **Covers face. Please where is Evey Koko o? I miss her baje baje.. So my life has been fuckedup.com since Dr. Duru went for her licensing exam in far away Enugu, and I miss her like kilode **Wears sad face.. In the light of that, and having that me and my big brother both hate to cook and wash plate. Kai I hate washing plate ehn. I prefer to sweep from here to Badagry than to wash plate walahi Chisos! we have had only 2 options since she left. Option A. Eat swallow outside since its easier to build house than to cook soup, and Option B. Eat Rice and Tin tomato with maggi and Oil somewhere there in the concoction stew we cook… :( So yesterday I was angered in my spirit and went to buy Spaghetti to cook.. My people when I got to the store, I bought Cameroon pepper, and 6 cubes of maggi and Oil and I think that’s all.. We are broke so we didn’t buy meat or anything, we just had to change diet noni. My people that was how I entered kitchen oh! And the worst happened.. Now I am a pepper freak, so each time I am cooking Biafra food, i always pour the lot of the 50 Naira worth into the pot, but yesterday i didn't realize that the Cameroon pepper is made in hell fire. Fam na so I pour everything inside oh as the spirit led, and then poured ALL the pepper as usual. Chisos! When the food was ready ehn, we were looking for fire extinguisher after every gulp.. it was HORRIBLE. Its official I need a wife. A fine wife that would be teaching me cooking through watsapp. Please apply in person. Thank you.


Before I start to go all lovey dovey on my family, I have to rant at them. Is it me or African.. No screw that... Is it me or NIGERIAN Parents can send message for state? Mehn this Enugu I went to ehnn.. Lemme just say I suffered. Chei! I never hexsperred it aswear. My Dad was just a thorn in my Flesh during the day, and a drinking Partner at night **Shines teeth… First of, I think I need to change my name, as this Junior that they call me is wayyy too easy.. I need a new name, you know all those kinda names that they will forget, and before they remember yeah, they will just kuku decide to do the thing by their self. Maybe Alphonsus.. No they will remember that one, its similar to Adolphus smh, Or Niccodemus or Scholastica. Or something.. Because My father! That man! kai! During the Yuletide ehnn, he will be watching TV down stairs and then I will just enter his head and then bam! Junior!!!! Come and close this curtain! I mean the curtain was just by his shoulder all the while o! or he was like Junior!!! Come and reduce this Television.. Ehm Sir, use the remote nah... lmao.. This one angered me the most: Junior!! Come and answer this call and tell them I am sleeping.. I died after this one.. I mean the day he said that ehn, I was like in my mind, sir just ignore the call already nah!.. I love that Man aswear.. heheh my nigga for long time thats who he is. The day I wore my headset at daytime ehn! Chisos!! See tongue lashing.. lmao! But you know ehn Fam, on the last day of my stay at Enugu, I realized that all these things they do to us are done intentionally, cause they still want to be sure that no matter how much money we made when we grew up, or how successful we would become, they just wanted to be sure that we had their back, and that I would never forget him. They still want to be sure that we remember to not forget them, and that we are their kids no matter what. I mean I know this nah cause dad said it to me indirectly.... But grr… Why didn’t he just paste a "Don’t forget to remember me" notice on the wall nah. Heheheheheh. Oh My Home!


So January 20th this year marks 3 years since we lost the first house which I wrote about in: B+ Hopedies last, so I have this kinda Ambivalent feeling. However, in the light of the fact that I took up the 15 for 15 challenge by Janyl, it seemed right to write on this what comes to my confused mind in relation to that day… You see on January 20 2012, after we lost the house yeah, in my confused eyes life was over, I felt my family had more or less been thrown back miles backward that we would become a public disgrace, I thought I had not just lost my fathers house, but also our HOME, and then going back to school for my Final year then I had this low morale like my world had ended.. In my head life as I knew it was over.. But then GOD has taught me that for a family to thrive, all that is needed is not as much as financial strength as it is Emotional strength.. Cause when I look around now, I find out that indeed we lost a House, but then our Home became stronger as that winchie winchie incidence took away all forms of cracks, and made us all bare in each others eyes.. I vividly remember that all I had left after the fire was a pair of black shoes and the very clothes I wore, and so did Dad and Mr Mamman. My Big bro and Dr. Duru were far away so they were less affected, but us 3, we realized that yes we lost the house but the fact that we had each other still breathing was all we needed to rebuild, to recreate our lives, and to be WEALTHY again. Do I miss the things I had! Hell yeah! do I love the things I have now! HELL YEAH!.

You see life through my eyes is a bloody confusion, but I am learning that Love is all that really matters in a family, cause even at that time when it would rain and we would be drenched, waiting for the sun to come dry us up, I realized that the fact that I had my Dad to tell me that all would be alright was all that I needed to keep hoping. to keep keeping on, and to not loose my head on those bastards that brought us pain. That I had my Family there by my side was all that I needed. In all sincerity, I dunno what many go through in their personal lives, but what I know is that Family is the strongest incorporation there is, but not a family based on hate or selfishness, but a family based and built on true love. So no matter how fucked up our conditions become, in my head ehn, there is only one first place of call to aim to heal at, and thats with your Family.

Thank you for the past 7 minutes of your time great Young mind, you guys do us a great Honor. In Barr. Duru’s voice, my prayer for you yeah, is that GOD will give you the energy to have many many many many midnight prayer session with your spouse that will result in plenty plenty plenty kids, and that he will then give you the longevity of life to live and have plenty grey hair, so as you grow older yeah, you can Cross your legs on a table while sipping on Palm wine, and shout to your last born Son! Junior!!! Come and reply this comment on my blog. :) Cheers Fam and do have a ghen ghen week ahead.

P.S: How many of us know Erniesha of www.everydaytibs.blogspot.com? Well a couple of people have asked why all of us adore her, why we love her so much, why we treat her like a queen… Someone even called us Voltrons.. Smh.. People sha... The truth is it is because that’s what she is.. AWESOME… Erniesha is a blessing, she is someone that Loves and loves completely, someone that sacrifices and sacrifices completely, someone that is loyal and that is loyal to the core. She is AWESOME aswear.. that’s the word.. I would have added Amazing.. But SOPHIE is my personification of amazing (Mannie and Ice if you near Sophia ehn, I will kill you both..)**Winks at Ernie.. So Erniesha got nominated for a  bloggers award and its going down, Y'all please show her support and vote for her, cause she deserves it, trust me. She really is an Amazingly Awesome lady.

P.P.S: I totally apologize for locking the comments box on yesterdays post, that post was too deep for me, and I just needed to write it and just leave it! I promise you fam that as long as I am a woman Wrapper in this life, it will not happen again. I give you my word. **Wears Mr. Nigeria smile

P.P.P.S: Tomi and Zoe are backkkk… I am uber excited. I love these 2 writers like Kilode. Please show them some love.

P.P.P.P.S: To all the Participants of the 15 for 15 Challenge, lemme just tell you oh! no! lemme warn you... **Draws ears.. Lemme Tell you that I Duru OBEREAGU (Small Lion) Adolphus 1 of that my village that i don't remember the name of... I'm the Defending Champion of the challenge, and I am not gonna let any bory steal my Trophy… **Looks at Clara.. hehehehehehe Turn up Turn Up people, please put up your posts already, I am waiting.. based on experience the challenge is simple, write from your heart remembering GOD is your source, inspiration is the goal, and fun is the aim. Cheers fam. OOOssshhheeeeyyyy... have you guys heard Feeling the Nigga remix by D'Banj with Akon? Chisos! Its frosh like that. Oya bye.. My Manager e haf come. xx 


#Udo #ItcanonlybeGOD 

40 comments:

  1. Lol, no b only brother in d Lord o...thank God for d new house...happy birthday in advance tosyne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Bosss... GB in the building ladies and gentlemen.. Mehn i thank GOD oh bros, as the suffer we suffered that time ehnh, na on a story for the gods level.. Ehen nah! i am just watching you on Plasma TV.. Stay there and be doing brother in the lord moves with my Agbani, i will soon catch you and kidnap you. :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to Tosyne.
    Lol @ voltron. Who thinks up stuff like that sef?
    So what are you changing your name to? Abi you need us to start suggesting names?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheheheheheh @ Funmi, Bubba ask them oh! the person that put it up was anonymous, if not I for ask am kweshion! **Shines teeth.. Mehn Baby mi, i haf not yet decided ooo... I am thinking something hard, you know something really difficult.. like Schwartzeneger or Odinga .. lmao.. Any berra ideas bubba?! You know you are our Legal toh sure **Wears Mr. Nigeria smile... Thanks for stopping by Bubba, its always a delight to read from you. xx Cheers

      Delete
  3. Mehnnnnn!...I am happy!!...I am sincerely happy Papi....Okay so the part where you stated you lost your house buh your home became stronger - I totally get that...cuz you lose people buh you don't lose the relationship or friendship you had with them....(whatever you can't see or touch is more valuable than what you can see and touch)...Papi thank you for those nice words eh...it means alot...(**pointing at Mofaya** Did you read that?!?!)...okay so I am still mad that you locked that post buh I think it is for the best eh.....I am just happy you snapped out of that mood mehn...

    **eyeing Sophie**....Sooo you are a PERSONIFICATION OF AMAZING eh??....**whispers to self** I need to get Ahmed to take her for a walk....(Hiya mamacita!)

    You know what Papi.....people come into our lives for different reasons....and when they are done playing their roles in our lives, they will leave....VERY few of those people fight to stay in our lives....You are a good person and after reading yesterday's post twice, I understood how you felt and I can relate to it....buh know this, a tunnel has 2 points - An entry point and an exit point...if you fight to keep someone from walking out using the exit, remember that they can always use the entry point as an exit if they REALLY REALLY wanna leave (at the end of the day, the 2 points can still serve as outlets)....my point is, that door that people open when they wanna leave is the same door that people open when they wanna come in....so how bout you keep the door open for everyone....you wanna stay - You stay.......You wanna leave - You leave!....Simple....Loads of Love papi...**I see you**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ "you lose people buh you don't lose the relationship or friendship you had with them....(whatever you can't see or touch is more valuable than what you can see and touch)" Mehn Erniesha, can we exchange brains?! Mehn that your Brain is on a whole different level oh, as it is in the lineage of them Einstein and Newtons brain level aswear, Chisos! You smart like that o! I read that line and was like WORD!

      Bubba words fail me to show my gratitude to you Ernie for drawing me out of that hell hole i was subconsciously going into, I mean its majorly cause of your pull that this came up, and i am grateful. Truly life should be simple, and no one should be begged or forced to stay in our lives, cause Love is a choice, you either love someone or you dont! Period!. Cheers Bubba, and thanks for stopping by, its always refreshing to read from you aswear. xx You Rock bubba, aswear.

      Delete
  4. Nigger so you locked the comments box up and i wasrefreeshing the page and slapping my laptop like it was her fault......
    I'm putting my introductory post up right about now
    we go gist later

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babe na so me sef be dey fool myself dey refreshing the page, thought it was my network, my God will judge you Duru!

      Delete
    2. hehehehehehehehehehehe Pele Jo @ Esther, that post get as e be me, and i didnt want to start a war that did not exist. Oshheeeyyy! Bubba i read your introductory post, it was frosh like that. Nice one, I am fearing you on this challenge oh, your style dey fear me :D.

      @lily, Bubba, Ndo... I never meant to make you guys go ghen ghen on your PC's ndo. heheheh @the judgement line.. HE will judge all of us nah! **Shines teeth

      Delete
  5. I see so much strength in you bawz. Thank God for your family. LMAO! Sorry about the deal with your over peppered spaghetti, you don learn. :p. That errand thingy is the ish since 1900. ndo
    #e-hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No oh! Eniola, na you be Boss oh! i am just your loyal Apprentice :).. In short i wanna be like thee when i grow up.. **Shines teeth Mehn Bubba, that Spaghetti thing ehn.. **deep sigh.. I will never! and i mean NEVER!!!! try it again.. it was a horrible experience. Chei! my life... Truly we Thank GOD for the family oh Bubba, it was truly a tough time for us back then as tears was the only source of relieve, but we learnt a lot from it, and what we learnt will stick to my heart for life. @The errand thing.. all i can say Bubba is; It is well ooo!.

      Delete
  6. Oh my home heading reminds me of primary school days as I sing and march into the class.
    Nice post bro, no such thing as home. A place u get an 100% love in all ramification.

    Happy birthday in advance to Agbani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehehehe It is always fun reading from the Chief Alphasoar! himself. You na bossest boss Chukwuma, inshort I loyal enter ground dey greet you sir.. Truly yeah, it is only at HOME that there is genuine love and peace.... Thanks for stopping by, you do us a great honor with your time. Cheers.

      Delete
  7. Comparing the before and after look of your house, I think i like the after look of your house, you guys really pimped the new house hehehehehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lmao! Craze geh, instead of you to be saying Ndo, you are busy comparing the houses.. lmao! hehehehehe Lily you are a real case aswear. **Shine teeth.. Thanks for coming by Bubba, its always fun to read from Lily toh sure. :)

      Delete
  8. Family is everything.....thank God for restoration.

    Parents are like that till you move house and into your own space, dem go send you work tire..but it's all part of the love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mzz. Sykik, seeing your comment always brings me so much joy... You are amazing by default aswear... Mehn Buba, the thing e haf tire me ooo... I actually lost weight at Enugu cause of the many many errand.. Chei! Issorait... Next Agenda is to move out sharply be that. :) Cheers Bubba. P.S: i am thinking of sending you something Bubba.. So Brace yaself.. :)

      Delete
  9. Ghen Ghen! Duru ehaf write, I just read the yesterdays post.o, I kept looking for the comment section, I thought it was network. Please retire from cooking, until you get the "wife". The new house looks better than the old one, God has a way of making things work out for his children. That picture about washing plates, made me laugh so hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehehehehehehe See ya head.. Brain geh! Thats how you haf use ya Igbo sense to dodge the Challenge ba?! diarisgodoooo, you berra dont break my heart oh, you berra put something up, and join the challenge. :) Yeah, In Mzz Sykik's voice, we thank GOD for restoration.. Hmmmn.. So there is a pastor in you Bubba.. **Winks I likey.. lmao.. Mehn Bubba, from now henceforth, no more too much Cameroon pepper biko, i refuse to die from pepper poisoning or pepper attack.. **Crying in French. xx

      Delete
  10. Ghen Ghen! Duru ehaf write, I just read the yesterdays post.o, I kept looking for the comment section, I thought it was network. Please retire from cooking, until you get the "wife". The new house looks better than the old one, God has a way of making things work out for his children. That picture about washing plates, made me laugh so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ghen Ghen! Duru ehaf write, I just read the yesterdays post.o, I kept looking for the comment section, I thought it was network. Please retire from cooking, until you get the "wife". The new house looks better than the old one, God has a way of making things work out for his children. That picture about washing plates, made me laugh so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww! Sorry about the accident! Sometimes, we loose good things to gain greater! Lol@voltron. I haven't heard that since boarding school days: why are you voltroning ? Defender of the universe hahaha that's hilarious! Nigerians can truly come up with the best lines man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Sometimes, we loose good things to gain greater! Word Bubba, that was spot on aswear. :) When we lost it all, it thought my life, NO! our lives were over, but today we are here and better, and i say #ItcanonlybeGOD . Lmao! dont mind those goons.. Erniesha is a wonderful lady aswear, and if being by her side is Voltroning,then a Voltron i am.. Lmao.. Thanks for stopping by Bubba, its always refreshing to tread from thee. Cheers. xx

      Delete
  13. Duru, why do you always make me laugh? Not to worry, give me you account detail so I can pay some money into your account by 3pm - lol, Ibo boy. I remember reading the story of how you lost your house, and my heart wept profusely. In life there are moments - sad ones and happy ones. In a situation like that, you need loved ones for love and strength. You went through hell, but you pulled through.

    Don't we all love Tibs - that girl is a blessing to us all - she's beautiful inside out. She encourages, she motivates, she strengthens, she advises and a lot more.

    Duru, inbox me if you really need a wife lol. Wishing Tosyne aka Agani a happy birthday - you are blessed beyond measure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheheheeh Gladly! here you go: 730078310 kindly pay 6 figures only oo! **In My Ghanian Accent.. Thank ya, dont mentian..:) Through that Bubba, a wise man once said to me that there are more good times in life than there are bad ones, hence we should live with hope and gratitude. When that stuff happened in 2012, i cried, crumbled and hated life, but thinking of what we have as a family today, I can only be thankful to GOD for his love and mercy.

      Yes ooo! We love Tibs.. She is amazing on all levels aswear... In short I want my future geh friend to be like her when she grows up! **Shines teeth.. Inbox you! Sure thing Y.T.. Its official,, i will do that this weekend. Cheers Bubba and thanks for stopping by, its always refreshing reading from my Otunne toh sure. xx. P.S: I think i found you on Instagram o! **Tongue out.

      Delete
    2. And those that really need husbands nko? Don't be partial to this confused lover o.
      There is so much to be grateful for Duru, you know how many people live in fancy houses and that is what it is...a fancy house? I'm glad you realized that the emotional strength was more important to keep the home going. You all had one another. Without the roof, you could still connect and share. God bless your family and ours...cheers.

      BTW I took up the challenge too, so be ready to give up the trophy ๐Ÿ† *eyes red*

      Delete
  14. Duru! Making me laugh since 1908. I admire the way u face the things life has thrown at u, aswear I want to be like u when I grow up. Lol @ Voltron, na dia wahala be that. We really love Ernie no matter what...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Duru duru! I'm another one that thought my internet was playing up. Ashee it's because you disabled comments mschewwww!

    On top of it, you this small small boy, you're now going around the interwebs challenging me abi? oh it's oooonnn now!

    In other news, thank God no one in your family was hurt! losing possesions hurt, but they are replaceable. life on the other hand... And thank God for greater heights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehehehehehheheheheheheh Bring it on Egbon, I am sooo Readdy for yiu.. **Tightens belts. :) True that Bubba, having that we have eachother is all that truly matters now. Cheers Egbon. xx

      Delete
  16. You make me laugh you really do! x
    Jess x
    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooooo iBlush.. Now you want my head to start swelling ba? Thanks for visiting Bubba, and I thank GOD that you can relate to my confusion Jess. Cheers. xx

      Delete
  17. Hey thee! Why thou postest not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Baby mi, jo ma binu.. This young and confused 23 year old post only on Mondays ooo.. **covers face.. I am lazy like that, and i ssssssooo wanna be like thee when i grow up.. In other news I dreamt of you oh Eniola! call me crazy yeah, but I really did.. **Shines Teeth.. I think I am in Love.. **Winks

      Delete
  18. I am gonna start a campaign tomorrow on my blog....ALL YnC readers who wanna read from Duru twice or thrice in a week....pleaseeeeeeeeeeee join this campaign!!!!.....Enough already with the 1 post per week....You can't have just one post in 7 days......Soooooooooo ANYONE INTERESTED in getting Duru to post twice or thrice in a week...drop this hastag at the end of your comments - #YnC2postperweek...He is a GREAT blogger and he can't just leave everyone hanging after 1 post!....**straight face** lol ----I believe if I can get 20 hashtags...we can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oga boss I sight u jare, Ice is officially a married man *if the babe I wan marry hear am ehn, she no fit gree again ooo* but sha let's practice being faithful, buh Duru e no mean say I no go eye sophie, Bros most times I look at everything that happens from my confused and crazy point of view, then I realize.... GOD has a reason for letting it happen, but in a all he always finds a way to make us smile.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww Duru, thank you for the extremely warm welcome. If I ever consider running off from blogsphere again, I'll think about you :)

    I'm glad you got your house back and better I must say. I can only imagine how you and your family must have felt at the time. Lol @ winchi winchi.

    ReplyDelete