Monday, 9 February 2015

...it's never enough. :(





Yesterday is past, Today is present, Tomorrow is future, so dance like no one is watching… Sophie  (Feb. 9th, 2014)

Turn up Turn Up ladies and gentlemen.. What’s the freaking 411 people?! Mehn oOoossshey! Turn down for what Bikonu?! At YnC yeah, we only turn up biko, and we Turn up with style…. Cause Turning down is a freaking Sin punishable by law.. **In Leeshars voice… So what gwan fam?! whats popping?!Elenkemeghani (means whats up in Igbo.. My Igbo is improving **Shines teeth).. Mehn I had mixed feelings waking up this morning.. I mean it’s just 6.07Am and even before I could write, I had to call Ribena and confide in her cause I am going through some B.S inside me thanks to my shenanigans that set me up... I think I need to buy form to become a Monk aswear. So how was your last week Gang?! And your weekend?! Mehn mine was freaking awesome aswear.. First off! The most important Lady in my life not related to me by blood but internet service and technology called me last week, in person of the Amazing Janyl Benyl.. mehn I was uber excited aswear.. I mean I was smiling like a fish all the while, as I couldn’t believe it.. Y’all know my Blog mother means the world to me and some more nah… I mean Janyl is like my Maya Angelou and the lady I adore with my every heart beat.. She is amazing on all levels biko.. Plus You need to hear Janyls voice.. Chisos!!! I nefer hexsperred it fam.. Its sounded like Agbani Darego’s voice.. and like I was talking to the lead singer of the Host of Angels choir. It was frosh like that… I just kept laughing.. Now, the call came in as I was about to alight from an Okada and get into the close, and once I heard it was her yeah, I just kept shouting… Having that If I entered the Duru’s ‘self acclaimed’ mansion yels nah, so I will not hype our small house ni?!  Shouting, my father would have given me all those kinda slaps that make your ear go “the number you have dialled is not available at the moment”, You know nah the kind of slap that makes one Deaf Dumb and confused at the same time cause Barr. Duru calls me a noise maker ( that’s how I was eating with glass plate and Iron spoon yesterday, and he said the kain kain kain that the plate makes when it meets the spoon was making noise, and he said “Junior why do you like to make Noise where ever you are! Chisos! My heart broke yesterday and if not that I was hungry, I would have left the food out of anger, but me, food and money are 5, 6 and 7.) Well I had to take my blog mothers call on the road walking from 7th avenue to 24 Road and all.. it was Fun hearing my Blog mother talk.. She is amazing and I love her loads, and I was so excited that I just kept laughing like a hyena.. Thank GOD for the day I met you Mama.

So my second hyper story is I met the Executive Director of The Future Project last Saturday, and the woman is awesome on all levels, I mean Obama knows her personally. How cool is that huh?!.. I mean she was so freaking cool, and I confirmed my life purpose there and then as we sat at the volunteers meeting… I plan to live the Donald Trump and Adebola Williams life someday, but sometimes it seems like nothing but a Mirage, but shout out to Ms Mfon Ekpo of TFP and Clara who keep encouraging me to be better cause I can be better. Aswear Clara is madantin awesome, have you been to her Blog! Its frosh like that aswea , plus her an Ausserehl are twins in my eyes.. :D So how many of us are experiencing this STUPID Lagos traffic?! Plus the fervent end of the world Lagos heat that can boil Rice faster than gas cooker?! Mehn the world is officially coming to an end oh! and I have to repent from my woman wrapper ways sharpaly.. well the Wahala I got into on Instagram yesterday has changed me for life, and I am on my way to becoming a Pastor… Dear bautiful Tomi and  1 + THE ONE,  **Singing I am coming home, I am coming home Bubbas, I think its about time #Sincerely


So last week Monday I was opportuned to be driven in the BOOT of a Cherokee jeep. Yep! The Trunk of a car (lemme speak phoneh that I don’t know). Well this my coy have an interesting set of drivers who know how to do abracadabra.. And any time they dont want to take a staff to the airport or on the close of Business drop off, they will just goan comean something shhaaa to the vehicle.. So that was how last Monday they did their DEX magic, and bam! The staff bus didn’t work, so we had to attaché with the Jeep. As the sacrificial mumu lamb that I am nah and having that I wasn’t ready to trek from V.I to Festac, plus I didnt feel like jumping bus, I had to stay in the boot of the car, and that was the day that Adeola Odeku decided to Padlock. mchheewww.. Smh fuck my life :'( my god I was sweating like a Christmas fish in there and I just kept hearing ewo! Duru! sorry oh! We will soon be out and all! I pray oh! I was in Adeola Odeku's traffic for 2 hours… it was mad! This year ehn, I promise to either go back to school or buy my iVtec, biko I did not come to this life to be entering boot up and down. **Crying in French.

Funny thing yeah, is that the inspiration for this post came while I sat in the Boot of that brown staff Cherokee Jeep. Now luckily for me the glasses were tinted so no girl I will toast in the future saw me in the boot, but as I looked across the road in the traffic, I saw a child in my Dream car (a Honda iVtec) and it had me thinking... Now the kicker was she looked so unhappy, looked like she was close to tears, looked like she was lacking something.. I mean she was in a freaking iVTEC nah, her life was supposed to be perfect by default, as if me I have an iVTEC ehn, I will not even care for food, I will just be fasting day and night, DRY FASTING OH!!! and licking my car with my tongue for satisfaction. But looking back at that child made me realize  that it is never enough...


That child made me reminisce, at least that helped me endure the pain am heat i was going through...At a time in my Young and confused life yeah, I had everything I wanted. I mean I was one of the coolest kids in secondary school cause I had Playstationssss (not 1, I had all 3 of them then) I had cool phones, I ate out almost every evening, I had everything  a child could ask for, had spinners belts and all..  I mean I lived like the Tinubu’s son then, but even as at that, just like that child in the iVTEC last monday, I wasnt happy cause I felt I lacked something, like there was a hole in my heart, a thirst that couldn’t be satisfied by all the ghen ghen things we had.. I mean then I was 15, and I had 3 girls in my life who were tripping at once oh … But there was a problem…  there was a hole in my heart… And people just kept walking outta my life. The comfort just wasn’t enough.

Now at the age of 23, with all the money I am seeing in my dream day and night and hoping to have before I am 25, I still feel incomplete, as it still doesn’t feel enough… and then it hit me this morning that that’s life.. We chase things that we will never have, we love people who don’t love us back, we do Gulder ultimate search day and night, stupidly looking for something which is in turn staring us right in the face, and we think (as in my case) that financial freedom or sex or Alcohol or drugs will fix it… Truth is life through my eyes is a bloody confusion, but I am learning that all in all yeah, it will never be enough, as the more money we will get, the more we will crave for. The more sex we indulge in, the more TROUBLE we get in, and the more we will crave for. The more educational success we get, the more we will crave for.. So this morning great young minds, I beg you to stop searching for happiness for a second and choose to be happy. Do not wait for a child, or a fiancée, or a job, or money, or a certificate to be happy, be happy now and here and live your life with passion.  I mean I aint no Nostradamus like Barr. Duru oh, but I am sure that your Aura of joy will somehow attract that which you want. Kindly Permit me to close by telling you something you already know gang.. Don’t look at your now and what you don’t have, but rather count the things you DO have and be grateful for them, cause just as my Blog mother says, “a heart if gratitude opens doors of opportunities”. D’Banjsaid something on Instagram yesterday.. and it went:

“ The happiest people are not the thankful ones, but it is the Thankful ones that are the happiest people”

So this morning great Young mind I Implore you, No! I beg you to stop chasing an activity or a status of life with hopes of it making you happy, but rather start living your life daily.. cause in all sincerity yeah, we don’t know how long we have got, so dance like no one is watching, cause it will never be enough.

Thank you for the past 7 minutes of your time great young minds, my prayer for you is that going into this new week yeah, you will not shoot yourself in the leg, and not goan comean jam pole when you are admiring a fine boy or girl, cause on the long run yeah, people are not what they seem, #AllnaWash.

P.S: I am guessing everybody knows Toinlicious ba?! Now Toin is one of my Blog idols and why is simple.. She has my back all time every time.. I screw up, I tell Toin, no matter what I do, and I mean No matter!! She never judges me, but she slaps me with her right hand, and pets me with her left. Toin is Amazing aswear. Cc T-Notes.. Thank you for being in my life Toin, I know my shenanigans are rising at an astronomical rate now, but Ribena and Sophie are helping checkmate it, I might be a better man soon. :(


P.P.S: Dear Morayo, you and Sussanne are like the mirror of my life as regards The Young and Confused Blog.. I am soooo sorry I screwed up yesterday. I know i fucked up big time.. I am sorry. Please just give me a second chance and let the pains of yesterday stay in yesterday, cause like Sophie said.. Yesterday is Past, Today is present, tomorrow is future.



Valentine Special !!! Valentine Special!!  Valentine Special … 

Our Blogger toh Sure Anu is doing this really beautiful valentine Handpack, and I think she does delivery services too anywhere in Nigeria.. So if you are interested, please book one for your **Clears throat Future S/O plus any one that means a lot to you.. Its really packed, pretty, cheap and it comes with Flowers… Click on her name for more ghen ghen Info.Cc. Mr Mamman Cc. Buiti.. **shines teeth.

So I wanted to hang out with 3 members of the YnC gang and noboRy and I mean noboRy indicated interest ba?! Choi! My heart e haf break.. **In Wajildas Voice.. Ye my Chest… Its official I am breaking up with all of you…**Wears straight face.. **In 9ce’s voice.. Chei! My personality no matter at all.. **Shines teeth… Diarisgodooo.. Anyhow sha, we at YnC shall be doing something come February the 14th, but top of the list which I am most excited about is I shall be writing about "Love" and the crowd goes uuuuggghhh... on the awesome Sophie’s Blog.. Sophie is  one of the Girls I am tripping for like mad now, I mean after Ribena and Peace Itimi ,Sophie is my next most admired Human being in the world.. Well after Dr. Duru and Ayo Thompson shaa… So the Plan for Val is I will be writing on her Blog, and she will be writing on mine.. If you can fam, show us some support, cause you are why we write. Her URL is www.sophsinspirations.blogspot.com. She is a very DORO writer oh, and if you think you are good at writing.. hehehehe You haven’t met Sophie toh sure yet.

So that’s it Fam, from all of us on this side of the screen, to you on the other side **Tongue out, we say. Oooosssshey! Turn down for what?! Federal Government couldn’t Dull our valentine for us.. I am so Turning up come Saturday, so if there is a parry and its in Lagos.. 'H'abeg! Halla me.. Oh mehn! I forgot.. I am on a repenting journey.. Well I will repent one step at a time.. lets start with Watsap..

Cheers Fam.



#Udo #ItcanonlybeGOD

21 comments:

  1. Duru! This one I am first to comment,its like you have to gimme a prize.
    Great post! One of my favorites so far.
    "Stop searching for happiness and chose to be happy"
    Word!
    And thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheheheheheh @ Funmi Reese, Sure thing Bubba.. Dont worry yeah, I got your back all time everytime from now henceforth.. Thank you so much Baby mi, I am glad you can relate to the confusions spewed on this post.. I hope it hit a positive string inside ya oh! Ooo0sssshey! you will fear na! "one of my Favorites so far"... See 'washing and setting' oh! I am getting a tad confused now oh! cause everyone on the #YnCgang is now good at washing! Chei! Issorait! #naGOD.. Thanks Bubba, you Rock.

      @Vira.. yyyyaaaayyyy She is backkkkkki **shines teeth... Will Zippy to ya blog toh sure ASAP!

      Delete
  2. Sigh, you're something. Oya wa gba hug xoxo and stay out of trouble *wears my strict egbon look* *wink*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheheheheheh **Opens hands to collect Full 360 Touching Bory hug.. Mehn the day Toin will hug me in real life ehn.. All the hair in my Bory will stand for joy... **Shines teeth.. Yep Egbon.. Noted.. Thanks for everything Bubba, you rock, You are amazing. xx

      Delete
  3. Duru u dey craze, mk Satan punish you and don't ask me why. Cool post sha.. .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aha! What ever it is that I did, just know that I am sorry in advance.. hehehehehehehehehehehehe Thanks Ice.. You na Boss, and one of my realest Niggas... tywale baba.

      Delete
  4. I love the technique with which u write bro. #Bless. I hate the island traffic mehn. thank God say oshodi to mile 2 road no be like that.























    #Mannie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmmaaaaaaaaa Nigggaaaa. What gwan Boss?! Mehn the V.I Traffic no be here oH! the thing tie Wrapper, Gele, Shoe lace and e come wear belt on top **Crying in Spanish.. You needed to see me sweating that last week Monday... I was scared that all the sweat in my skin will finish sef. :(.. Thanks for the "washing and setting" brover... I see you wanna make my head to burst ba?! diarisgodoooo.. Thanks for the support Boss.. You are the real MVP sir. Ooooosssshhheeey!

      Delete
  5. LOL very lovely read
    I enjoyed hearing about your "confused thoughts" as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turn yup Turn Up gang! My mama is in the building people.. heheheheh Thank you ssssssoooo much Janyl, as seeing your comment always makes me smile like a fish.. Thanks for the support mother.. You are why we got here and why YnC will get where we are going to. To you we say.. ooooosssshhhheeey!

      Delete
  6. Do you know how I read your blog Duru? You know you talk very fast? I read your blog the way you talk and sound in my head, you know the way they do in movies when someone write a letter to a person, the person then reads it in the voice of the person that wrote it, yeah, thats how I read your blog. Funny dude you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehehehehehehehehhehehehe now this comment was epic and it cracked me up big time! Thank you soooo very much Lily toh sure.. I thank GOD that you can relate to our confusion both on an AUDIO and visual level... **Shines teeth.. You are a blessing Lily, and you have a heart of gold. Cheers Bubba, thanks for the support all the while...

      Delete
    2. Oh lawd ms lily sure got it right!! I must say I first used to find your posts too long and would skip a lot but this isn't any fault of yours I just tend to loose concentration with letters on screens (reasons I don't do kindle and ebooks) I remember talking to Clara and she's like : every sentence is worth reading. And I'm inclined to agree!
      Enjoy your weekend Duru!!

      Delete
    3. Awwwggghhh now you are making me blush like an Onnion with this comment... thanks for your ghen ghen mushy mushy words Egbon Ausserehl, you have me feeling all lovey dovey... ngwaaa where is Ribena mbok? I am in the mood.. Lmao... You know ehnnn, lemme tell you a secret... i try to limit the length of my posts, but it just doesnt stop... guess thats how Eledumare wants it... cheers Bubba, and thanks for all the love and support. I appreciate. Hugs and french kisses.... and the crowd goes uuuuuuugggghhhhhh..... ;)

      Delete
  7. Do you know how I read your blog Duru? You know you talk very fast? I read your blog the way you talk and sound in my head, you know the way they do in movies when someone write a letter to a person, the person then reads it in the voice of the person that wrote it, yeah, thats how I read your blog. Funny dude you are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun post as usual. Stay happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turn down for what?! Bikonu with Eniola toh sure... We only Turn up biko! Thanks Bubba, as Happy i shall stay... Thanks for the support Bubba, it means a lot and some 'PLENTY' to me. **shiens teeth... Ooosssshheey!

      Delete
  9. Hahah. People always be tryna force me into the boot whenever there's an overcrowded situation, be going on about how small and lepacious I am. If you see the look I give them ehen? Kia kia they change tack and start talking about me being fragile and deserving to sit on someone's lap. Awon alakoba, if someone come and suffocate nko? Jokes aside though, this is dangerous, my favourite aburo...oya repeat after me "THE BOOT IS NOT MY PORTION". have a fantastic non-booty weekend lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahahaha Egbon this comment is officially my best comment in all 2015, it had me in stitches like kilode.... lmaooo okay oh... THE BOOT IS NOT MY PORTION... thing is me i was forming goid samaritan abi is it sacrificial scape goat thats why i went to sitdown there... issorait, i shall do it no more **shines teeth... cheers Egbon.. you always have me in stitches... :)

    ReplyDelete