Monday, 2 March 2015

The FEAR of success...


Pre-Script... Thank you all for your ghen ghen comments on last weeks post, your comments strengthened me... GOD bless you all real good... may your kids never be as confused as me oh... :)


Turn up Turn up ladies and gentlemen, Happy New month eh... May this month be tha real definition of turnt up for all of us insha Allah. So what gwan fam? Elenkemeghani people?! Mhen hope you guys are ready for the bestest month of your life oh?! Hope you are ready to turn up oh? Oya Amebo time, how was ya weekend? **In Ribena's voice... Hope the bants paid off. Hope you had a very ghen ghen last week and a more turnt up weekend... Ane the crowd goes Oooossshhheey.. Mehn hope you ate plenty cat fish oh like the beautiful Buiti?! Mehnn is it me or that baby okwu is as fine as an Angel that fell from the sky? Choi... Her beauty leaves me with my mouth wide open.. Kilode?! How can only 1 geh be fining all that kain fine? Na wa oh..... I mean her beauty is tempting... Chisos.. To my brovers in tha house, hope you pursued plenty women like Ice that guy like woman shaaa... Or you turned up for one berra Owambe like Agbani and Moby... Or you did mo gbo mo ya like.. **clears throat.. Me?... Lmao.. What ever it is, please have fun oh, this life na one chance. As i write this yeah, i am at one crazy hotel in Owerri... I think i could get used to this hotel life oh... Just that it is a tad lonely, and last night ehn, i fought plenty temptation to go and look for a client of the night to gist with.. I said gist with oh :) **hides from Ribena, Sophie, Peace Itimi, the beautiful hearted Morayo and Janyl.. Lmao.. So lemme gist you guys small.. Last week was one kind for me biko... and to say i was feeling under the weather is to put it likely, it was more like I was feeling under the hurricane.. And it was horribleeee... In the light of that, i took my self, my lekpa bory and my Blue Timberland to go see Jupiter Ascending... Wait first, a pack of Strawberry is 1000 Naira in Nigeria!!! You say Whatttt!!! I kuku have never eaten it beforw... 1000 naira can buy a partially grown Coconut tree to plant in ya house for life nah, aha!!! Is it harvested in heaven? How can orange be 50 naira and straberry be 1000 Naira.. One fine geh bought it when i was in a keke last Friday, i almost screamed after the seller, as i thought he wanted to run away with her change.. Smh.. Thats Racisms biko. Lmao.. Oya back to my story.. So each time i go to the cinemas alone yeah, i stay at the back hoping to get some **In T-Notes Voice... Some good ol' touching bory and toasting time with a fine geh at the back... **covers face.. So this last week i went oh and in the mumu film i was seeing ehn, they were kissing and flying anyhow up and down... so teyyyyyy they almost removed the womans tongue with kiss.. Jupiter ascending is too scripted biko... So as i was sitting on my own forming gagster, thats how one fine geh came to sit at my side, and in my head i was like... osssssshhheeeyyy grooove e haf start... But lo and behold oh, the geh was acting somehow, she was just all over the place like someone with mami water... **heavens forgive me.. I almost started crying... The part i knew my own was doomed if I tried to toast, talkless of touching bory with her was when her phone rang and she replied.. "Mummy mo wan CHURCH" which translates "Mother I am at Church.." Really?! I was like nawa oh... I started questioning where me i was? cinema abi church... Smh... Some gehs sshhhaaa... I just stayed on my own jeje and was watching kissing kissing and film trick till my cash expired..

So... Have you ever felt it? Have you ever felt a fear that makes you not feel good enough? Have you ever felt that you are undeserving of greatness, success, true love, or excellence? Have you ever felt that you will not make it? That you were born to fail? Have you ever felt that things will heppen...NO! That great things will happen and you will be unable to handle them? Well I dont know about most of you awesome great minds, but i feel it all the time... Its painful, saddening and depressing... Makes you less than you are.. it makes you doubt you, it makes you believe that you are only deserving of mediocrity, it makes you doubt not just your abilities but GOD'S blessings in your life... It makes you produce less result. Welll i found out what it is... Its called FEAR OF SUCCESS.

You know many people believe success is a gift not for all men, but for a special few.. Many believe that they shouldnt be part of that amazing set of "blessed ones" Some choose to accept the lifestyle of mediocrity instead, believeing that greatness is not their lot.. Many of us beleive that we are not good enough for a certain guy or girl, not smart enough for a certain job, not intelligent enough to get that first class from the university, not rich enough to believe we can live the life we want, so we inadvertently stick to a life of mediocrity instead... Well i want to tell you that in the voice of Naeto Chikwe... DEVIL is a liar, and so are those thoughts in your head... The Fear of success is a lie, why?! cause YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH... Thats the simple reason.

You see our minds are so strong that they can deceive us to believe nearly anything, and i want you to know that even the greats feel or felt like this... I mean the Newtons, the Steve Jobs', The Einsteins, the Oprahs, the Toinlicious', the Duru's, the Dangote's, the Adebola William's**winks... Before nko, i will not hype my family ni? Truth is we all feel like this, but i want you to understand that its not as much about how you feel, as it is about how you act... So this morning great young mind i implore you for just one moment to begin not caring about if you fail or succeed at anything, but to just try, cause it doesnt matter who fails or suceeds.. I mean we dont have power over that... We dont determine who fails or succeeds, so when you feel less than you can as described above, i want you to understand that to him who greatness is given, to him greatness is deserving, and to whom love is given, love is deserving.. GOD doesnt roll dice... If he puts you in a relationship that you think is too good for you, or gives you a job you think is bigger than ya power, or gives you immense successs of any sort... Success so much that you feel you will scew it up, i implore you to accept it and make the best of it, to ignore the doubt, to not dwell on the pressure, but to dance liks no one is watching... :)

Thank you for the past 7 minutes of your life #YnCgang... :p I pray that going into this week ehn, you will have reasons to be kept warm like a sweater and smile like a king or queen that you are... **whispers sorry, i was listening to Bala bala by Ikechukwu and Wizboy.. The above are lyrics from it. And the crowd goesss.... Yyyyyeeaahhh mehn...

BLOGGER STATUS CHECK..

First of... ATIYA is backkkkkk.... She is such a wondetful writter, and i am uber excited that she is... I am still trying to Toast CPC to enough that she comes back.. Might even go see her at Abuja Law scool sef... So please pray for me... Trying to toast that bae is haarrrdd... Ehenn... I spoke to the amazing Clara last week... Chisos her voice is heavely choi... Her boyfriend will be enjoying oh.. The voice alone na temptation.. **wears Mr. Nigeria smile.

So February is over, and it was Turnt up for me... Clara was the YnC blogger of the month of January as she sacrificed for us at very ghen ghen times... So for February, i said to give the trophy of Blogger Extraordinare to Ice... This brover made some very nice moves for us, for which we are very grateful... Ice baba...GOD make you bigger sir. Will find a way to say Thank you as soon as we can.

My top 3 confused posts of last month are.




Lemme tell you about the BRIDGE. Now i have been blogging for 20 months, and my time here is almost up... But one thing i have noticed is that there are 2 sets of bloggers... The First generation bloggers Like Linda Ikeji and my Blog mother, and the Second Generation bloggers like the confused me and Cliverly :)... And in between us both is a huge gap... But when i felt hopeless and thought it impossible to connect with them due to this gap yeah, GOD brought us Sykik and Toinlicious... Now these 2 ladies have been here on blovger for quite a while, and by all standings have more experience, fan base and and are more fun, but it humbles me how they are humble enough to love us, nurtre us and be that connecting bridge between these 2 seemingly distance worlds. The day i got mentioned on both of their blogs ehn.. Mehn i KuDunT beliFit.. I was close to shedding tears of joy... a feat i owe and fully dedicate to Janyl benyl for lighting the march that set my confusions on fire... These are 2 ladies i love so much for not just loving me, but for being so humble to accept the indiosyncracies that comes with this seemingly new generation of bloggers. Love you ladies much..

In other news, Gbemi is on a roll this 2015 oh... She is blogging every bladdy day... Yall need to go there :)

Woman Wrapper tales..

**whispers i am on a sorta tour right now, and i plan to go suprise Ribena at Abuja soon... Heheheheheheheh the way i am loving that geh ehn... I might even get on my knees and propose gehfriendship... **winks... 

P.S: I love you all to the ends if the earth and back.. Please pray for me... I have a couple of ghen ghen meetings this week which will determine the course of my life... Please. I beg that you, just take 10 seconds to pray for me right now, that i find grace where hope seems lost... Biko na beg oh. Thank you so much gang, You are my why.

#Udo #ItcanonlybeGOD

24 comments:

  1. Yaay...

    God will always give you wisdom to direct never fear bro. Isn't it amazing you still make a whole lot of sense, in the midst of your confusion and randoms. #blessup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ehhhnnn!!! Me?! Make sense ke?! Chisos... see washing of thecfederation... a neFer hexsperred this oh lohla... hehehehe Thank you so much bubba, your comments always leave me with a smile.. i love you like kilode Lohla aswear... oooossshhheeyy Turn uP...

      Delete
  2. Those feelings are real but I always rise above them. You need to believe in yourself more and doubt less. Our thoughts are really powerful. Like the French philosopher, Rene Descartes said: I think, therefore, I am.

    Wait, so how come i never call you John sef?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish i could take a screen shot of this comment... Chisos!!! ToyoN tin tomato, you know book baje baje oh.. "Rene Descartes", not even Chinua Achebe sef... kai you smart like that oh... **wears cheeky smile.. true that Egbon, our thoughts are powerful enough to create our future,.. this comment is awesome on all levels aswear... Thank you Egbon, for being a real Egbon toh sure,... and the crowd goes Awwwwggghhh...

      Delete
  3. O Duru! This post made perfect sense even as I kept laughing all through. You're one wise child ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewwwoooo see washing oh.. yall be washing me without rinsing on this post.. me?! Wise ke?! Aswear a nefer hexsperred it.. lmao... thanks Otunne, you rock... you are the bestest best...

      Delete
  4. Na wa for uu oooo. Still waiting for the day, you'll put up a post without womanizing. All the best in your endeavors this week. #Tiger




















    #Mannie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmmmaaaaaaa Nigggggaaaa what is a brother to do nah... i lof gehs and no ,atter how hard i try, i cant stop... i need a doctor aswear.. lmao... Thanks for the support bruv, we appreciate...

      Delete
  5. 99.9% of the bloggers you mentioned are female Duru.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha nah Lily... i love gehs and cant help it, is that a crime?! **crying in catalan...

      Delete
  6. Lol @ may your children never be as confused as me. I know a man whose mouth is sweeter than honey and his name is Duru lol - Nna onu gi na aso ka sugar ooooooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehehheheheheh nne were nwayo na sam bikonu... lmao.. YT be cracking me up all time every time... you do know you are amazing bubba dontccha?!

      Delete
  7. I've had this feeling before...hell, a lot of times especially when I was young and confused (winks) a lot of times, I let my fear take over too and its most scary when you don't even realize you are afraid until something happens that explodes the sensation all the way up and out! Fear of never making it, fear of never finding love, fear of fear itself but as toinlicious said, you need to rise above it. Sure it sounds easier said than done but how do you measure your strength is the next question!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bubba this line hit me the most... "and its more scary when you don't even realise you are afraid"... truly Bubba, most times we are our own worst enemy, and until we are able to genuinely defeat our own fears yeah, we will continually be held captives to our own fears... dont we all love Egbon Ausserehl.. always making sense... oooossshhheeeyyy...

      Delete
  8. Duru you are correct that a deep kinna racism. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lmao Agbani... dont mind them jo... Strawberry oshi.. lmao...

      Delete
  9. Hmm..I like this post.
    See, about the last bit of your post, if you can, dont leave the blogosphere just yet. People always need more inspiration. Your kind of writing and what you have to share is only unique to you and u never know who u might touch through a post or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wwwoooooooowww oshhheeeyyyyyy Turn up... Kenyan blogger, this comment is worth a million bucks aswear... asin i am close to taking a screenshot, printing it on A3, framing it in a golden frame, and hanging on my room wall... its amazing on all levels... nice... Thank you so much Kenyan Blogger, you do us a great honor with your kind words... and the crowd goes yyyeeeaahhh mehn... :)

      Delete
  10. Each time you refer to yourself as confused, I get confused my self because I don't see the confusions when you write. You make a whole lot of sense for someone who claims to be young and confused lol..well you are young but I doubt your confusions. Nice post Duru.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewwwoooooo see washing+ setting × drying ÷ ironing... kai Sophie, you washed and ironed me so much with this comment ehn, i have gators. Hehehhehehehe. Thank you loads Baby mi, you rock aswear...

      Delete

  11. reli reli reli reli interesting


    No one elected you! You’re not the president! You don’t weigh in on foreign policy! Your opinion doesn’t matter! You are the first lady. Your job is to plant gardens and decorate rooms and let them blog about your clothes. You’re ornamental, not functional. So, don’t come into the oval and try to use your brain because no one cares.” —President Fitzgerald Grant
    Read more here 5 quotes from scandal you should read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faaaavvvvvvvvvooouuurrrrr Thanks for always making me smile with your comments.... iBlush... shey you sha know you are very beauRiful shaa...

      Delete
  12. Mr young nice post here and keep the flag flying.

    rellanaija.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooosssshhhheeeyyy Turn Up... Thank you so much Rella, although your comment is making my small ishi gogoro head to swell like baloon sha, i am uber grateful... you rock aswear...

      Delete