Wednesday, 22 April 2015

Friends of Life!


I miss my friends, I love them too.
They mean alot to me.
They're not just friends but have become brothers and sisters
They have contributed immensely to my life, my well being, my growth.
They have supported and encouraged me.
They are special and precious to me.
I don't have so many but these few that the Lord has led my way have been a huge blessing!
In friendship there is love, there is trust, sharing and caring, we laugh and cry together..
They are there whether in summer or in winter.
They'll believe in you, pray for you, tell you the truth about you(sweet and bitter), scold but still embrace you, they are real to you. No pretence.
Not everyone can be your friend, not everyone is your friend. They are not so easy to come by.

When you get one, please appreciate them, they shouldn't be taken for granted.
...the Lord HELPED them to be true friends to me. I hope I was a true friend to them too.
Selfless, pure in heart, free and happy people.

Some of us have been victims of terrible friends... That's sad! That is why you shouldn't throw your pearls to swine
Some of us miss the opportunity to have friends or be good friends.
You don't have try to impress your friends. You can be yourselves and not be apologetic about it. You don't have to fake anything. More like; this is me, its either you like me or you don't...

They will listen to you even when you aren't making sense.
They can sacrifice their time, money, energy for you. You are priority to them.
They are not selfish and self-centered, people who want to associate with you for only what they can get: These are parasites not friends
Your friends are there during the high moments and low moments.
Your friends make you feel like life is worth living and they keep reassuring you that there is a God that cares for you.

Your friends are true to you. Because they truely love you and want the best for you, they don't hesitate to tell you bitter truths about you. They don't flatter you...say good stuffs about you but in their hearts and behind your back, its a different story. These are hypocrites not friends.

Your friends mustn't always translate to be lovers. As a matter of fact, that you are attracted to an opposite sex doesn't mean the next thing should be: Lets go out! Hey, just chill a bit. There may be another reason for the attraction. I am speaking from experience, trust me.

Friendship is a beautiful thing
Some friends aren't to be your friends for life, some are just there for a moment then gradually, you just drift away. They may relocate, get busy or get other friends.If you hold on to them, it may be dangerous to your emotions. People come and people go, don't hold on when you should be letting go.
Some friends are Comrades, they are there to bring out the worse in you thereby strengthening you to becoming a better person.

Friends can be our age mates, they may be years older than us or we could be older than them. What ever the case, they love you
You don't have to have many of them, if you have only ONE TRUE FRIEND, that is all you need. Honesty!

Friends are still humans so they are not perfect, they may make some mistakes, you can as well. So learn to forgive their wrongs and always remember the good times.

If you have some of these friends in your life now, please do not take them for granted, they are priceless. And if you don't, well... I volunteer to be one....lol
You have colleagues, school mates, course mates, bunk mates, room mates, neighbors, clients, but all these people are not necessarily our friends.

Every one is not your friend. It doesn't matter if they smile at you, play or laugh with you. Being friends is much deeper than that. It's two hearts that beat in the direction.

To all our beautiful friends please send them this text: I LOVE AND APPRECIATE YOU!

20 comments:

  1. CNB and Miriam - We love and appreciate you too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kisses dear! We appreciate you...have a fulfilling week.
      Regards to all your Loyal Friends!

      Delete
  2. I have missed this place *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toinlicious, welcome back...we sure have missed you too.
      Thanks for checking in.
      Best regards to all your loyal friends....muahhhhh!!!!

      Delete
  3. wow... great write up... ...

    www.mavinmis.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Mavin...thanks...
      Regards to your loyal friends. Happy friendship day...lol
      Enjoy the rest of your week.

      Delete
  4. Ok lemme give a shout out to my friends. Pls permit me. This post just made me miss them more than ever. My course mates, for them I wish skul can go on forever but God forbid! My bff Beatrice, that girl could soak garri so she can give me her last bar to buy indomie. And Paul who never failed to put me through those f*ing physics courses a night to exams, Awww and to these faceless heart warming people I have met on Blogsville, erm, especially to the one that went out of his place to make my birthday worthwhile today. Emma. I love and appreciate you all. Thanks for being part of my play(life).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This babe ehhhh! Am in love with you already. Would you like to be my friend???!!!...lol
      I like that you are down to earth like seriously!!! God bless our friends jare and they cant be forgotten.
      My regards to Beatrice and Paul ooo.and yes, God Forbid to school lasting forever, that's unimaginable for me.
      N today is your birthday!!! Happy birthday love...
      We all here in YnC and blogsville celebrate you! Sure you had fun..
      Please send me your number to my email mmaiyegun@yahoo.com.
      Cheers!
      We wish you many more fruitful years.

      Delete
    2. Why am I just seeing your comment now, see take ya time ooh, next time come over to my crib when you need me asap like this otherwise I will make Duru sack you.hehe

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Afolabi Tosin would like to give a shout out to all her real friends...you know your selves...
      Thanks Tosin.
      I hope you have been real friends to them to
      Much love...
      Thanks for checking in.

      Delete

  6. Nyc write up mariam. Reli got me tinking. Better to ve a few loyal friends than a million backstabbers. The write up reminds me of my friend, I keep telling her heaven blessed me wif her. Kudos.. Xoxoxo



    Yep, I thought if I told the truth, my friend would look at me like I was the last banana left on the shelf. The one that no one wants to buy because everyone else has avoided it so you assume there’s something wrong with it. I wanted him to think that someone, somewhere thought I was pretty darn special.. Click I TOLD THE BENDED TRUTH to read more

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truth is, when it comes down to it, you can count your real friends on one hand. That's why I don't bother with having a lot of friends. Just a few that are true is okay for me. Nice post Mariam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Friend is a word we throw around easily but what does it truly mean. Ppl say great friends are the ones you meet in secondary sch probably because you get a lot of time to really know them especially if you were in a boarding school. But I believe great friendships have no time limit. If its meant to be, it will be, regardless of how long or short the time is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I appreciate my amazing friends too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Friends are priceless gifts from heaven. Thanks for this reminder Mariam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Friendship is something i cherish after family. I love and cherish my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Friendship is something i cherish after family. I love and cherish my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mariam!!! Wassup, no Wednesday post? Abi did little Duru take my words seriously about sacking you...lolz. Pls I need you back to bring calm sanity to this blog..plz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Friendship is top on the list of the things I cherish. True friends are like rare jewels. Nice post! Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete