Wednesday, 20 May 2015

Lies...


Hi people!
How was your weekend? Mine was full of activities. And your week? How is it going? This week seems to be running. It's Wednesday already!
It's all good!

Please you all should help me compare or analyze these two stories.

I was at a friend's place when his friend walked in, he was courteous, he said hi and we introduced ourselves. I continued with my business. Soon after, he brought out a bunch of raw plantain from his plastic bag. I watched in anticipation wondering what he would do next and am sure you wouldn't guess right if you tried.

There were 5 of them, he peeled them one after the other and ate them all right in front of me. Mehn!!! I couldn't help laughing. Interestingly, the guy didn't send at all. he ate his raw plantains unapologetically after all, it was his money, his mouth and his belly. As he ate, he was lamenting about how being a bachelor hasn't been easy and how he needs to get married soon. Curious, I asked "have you eaten today"? He said he ate rice in the morning but was hungry again. He narrated that he wanted to buy roasted plantains from a woman but she had sold all but 3 which she said had been paid for. Because he was so hungry, he waited for the owner of the roasted plantain and pleaded with him to sell one to him but the guy refused. He explained that he got angry and decided to buy raw plantains to eat. I asked why he didn't cook or fry it and he said his stomach would process it. He added that the raw plantain was very filling unlike bread or any other food he could think of. I had a good time laughing.

One thing I appreciated about this very interesting young man was his sincerity, he had no reason to act like what he wasn't, he was himself.
His sincerity may seem like no big deal but being sincere is not so easy for some other people even in the most little things.

On the other hand, I have a female friend who for as long as I have known her hasn't been 100% truthful about anything about herself. I mean, it's difficult for me to even give an accurate info about her to someone else.
She would lie about her schooling, about her course of study, about her relationships and so on. Although, she may not always be telling a lie, but since she has been untruthful in the past and told people different things, it's only natural for me to find it difficult to believe anything she says.

Recently, her boss told me the babe duped her of a large sum of money. They asked what she did it and she said she used it to fund her make up studio. We were surprised because, is it your madam's money you should use to set up your studio? Plus, am sure she must have given people an impression that she was a BIG CHIC and of course, with plenty money too. She must have hyped her status so much that she just had to meet up to what she had claimed to be and no thanks to these Social media, people can easily want to lie. Her habit of putting up a false image pushed her to the extreme.

She lies about things that in my opinion are not worth lying about. It's just terrible. The irony is that this chic in my eye is beautiful and I believe she is a good person and has good attributes. But these lies ehn!!! It's a big issue. I pray she comes out of it because her image is at stake.

People have different reasons for telling lies and faking their self image. But what do we think?

I feel, if you can't be honest about a matter then don't just talk about it. It's even worse when you don't ask the person and the person decides to engage you in a conversation that is filled with lies.

I guess, some of us can't help telling lies at times but our self image is always at stake. A lie is never the way out, it may seem so initially but not on the long run.
If you don't want a person to know the truth about something then don't start the conversation at all.



It's about one's VALUE SYSTEM. 
Honesty is a virtue of a person of integrity.


May we all be people of integrity where our Nay is Nay and our Yea is Yea. Amen.

Much love...

MariamOre.

15 comments:

  1. Its an interesting perspective you've raised and we've seen value systems in our societies plummet. With that being said, integrity can not be bought, honesty is a great trait and truth will always set one free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise words. "The truth will always set one free" very true. Thanks for sharing Blogoratti.

      Delete
  2. Nice write up, some people can lie for federal just because they want to belong, nobody really cares jare, just be yourself. My integrity is all i've got, ain't soiling it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lily. U can say that again! "Some people can lie for the federal" it's probably a yet to be appreciated talent. Talented Liars....lol.
      AM loving your word. "My integrity is all i've got, ain't soiling it"

      Much love...

      Delete
  3. I eat raw plantain too once in a while - its called 'plantain therapy'.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babe! Plantain therapy?! That's funny. Pls tell me about it, or maybe I should Google it...lol. am glad u added "once in a while" because am sure I have eaten it too. But our case am sure is different from this guys'. He needed to fill his stomach.
      Thanks dear.
      Much love...

      Delete
  4. nyc pic for the post.... it hit home


    READ if l were a boy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Favour.
      Your exams, how was it. I hope you blasted!

      Delete
  5. Duru I've lied to you in the past. I told you I hated you...but I don't*sad face*. Does it count? Hehe

    Anyways you have spoken well....I love peeps that are real and thats why I love you Duru. You are badass real as shit...I had this one friend that can lie for olympics. She lied about her duplex house and we found out she stays in face me I face you. Now she's a big lekki runs girl. She had traits back then...she wanted something she didnt have then and now she has to work hard and work bad to keep up with what she wants now. Nice one bubba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mobi. *clears thought* well... i'll deliver your message to my boss. But thank you for being honest with me last week. I hope it's d truth. That you love me?
      Thanks for checking in sis.

      Delete
  6. I think people lie mostly after they have displayed it as an action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm...displayed it as an action? I'll pretend dat I understand...lol
      Thanks Chukwuma.

      Delete
  7. Lol if some people don't lie, they won't feel Okay. Lying has become a norm these days. Nice post

    Molola's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Lying has become a norm" very true.
      I wonder if some people are born liars or its a skill they learn. God dey.
      Thanks Mo'

      Delete
  8. if there is something I try to avoid all the time, it's LIES. From a tender age, I made my self live a happy life by telling the truth. Like I always tell people how 'poor' I am instead of the rich girl they take me to be because of the things they see me have and do... nope, instead of basking in the glory of being called rich, I always tell them I am just favoured because I practically have nothing. So I see no reason lying about who you are. Nice post Miriam.

    ReplyDelete