Friday, 10 July 2015

...and still we THRIVE...


Hy hy. Whatsshappning!!! Hope y'all are good?! Sure you had a great week and if not you can always contact me for life counseling on any issue bothering you, and I mean any issue at allzz (6% discount on consulting fee for every YnC followers tho *winks*, *whispers* what are we friends for now?! Sooo grab your counseling now.. Offer valid while stocks lasts *smiles*). Abeg allow me sell my market Na, don't judge me.. Don’t Amebo me.. Don’t winchie me :). Anyways, since noborry bothered to ask after me all week.. I am doing great oh, inshort I am fine thank you.  I'm doing great *sobs* apart from the fact that I have an annoying headache as I type this, a strange tummy ache, an over broken a$$ GTBank account, my wardrobe has decided to permanently malfunction and the list continues... but I'm sha fine,  leave it like that.. cccaaauuusssee if I start complaining for you ehn.. hmmnnn it will pass Nonso’s own.  

Don’t you just love Fridays as against that winchie winchie Monday?! I mean today the; "GLORIOUS FRIDAY” is that day of the week when thou engages in a liril bit of Turn-up with plenrry Icing on it :). Sha stay safe and protected, and don't drive and drink abi drink and drive (all join, whether Oga Jonah swallowed the fish oh, or the fish swallowed Jonah oh.. na the same the same… as long as there is swallowing, fish and Jonah in the equation)…  and more so remember the month just began so run NOT your pocket dry like the Sahara dessert all in the name of Turn up oh.. Be guided eh! Because lemme just give you warning in advance now that I am not financially capable of even lending myself money talkless of another someborry sev. To all my working class brothers and sisters hope your bosses are stressing you *wears ‘evilest’ grin*, sorry I meant not stressing you :), you will survive my dear you hia. To my fellow awaiting JobITES.. The lord is our muscle oh.. lerrus endure and be counting 100K + salary in our dreams.. and to my former fellow students (*pops collarss* it sure feels sooo damn good to be a graduate shaaa) Enjoy your time in Uni oh! And let the Uni pass through you, and you through the Uni.. Cause the way Nonso is always complaining ehnnn.. it seems that life after University iz not interesting like that oh…

Today I return again with my weekly dose of Doctor Ijagilas remedy *Adjusts invisible stethoscope*, and today my prescription is tagged HOPE. I don’t mean that girl you are shagging or the boy that has brown eyes in your estate oh, I mean HOPE.. the feeling of wanting something to happen or to be true. I am not an English someborry yeah, but in my church mind, I think “Hope is believing something good is likely or possible to happen”. Believing that regardless of all the gloominess or sadness, everything will fall in place and end well… Sadly in the past week, the devil has been hammering my round “LupitaNyog'o” head with some serious matter, but it's the hope for the future that is saving me from depression plus Nonso’s many many wahala.. That boy can disturb.... kai! I feel like in this life we are in, when there is nothing to look forward to, then what ever is is… But as long as you think about the future and there is a whole lot of positivity in your heat, then there is always something to believe in. As long has you put something.. or some event at a particular vantage point.. and look up to it through the trying times regardless… then there will always be hope.


Nigeria is a perfect example of a lost cause (I say that with a very clean sparkling white Hypo bleached heart), as there is so much katakata going on here :(. Lerrus look at the last elections for instance, we saw that the Nigerian people didn't give up on their country even though Uncle Jonah had screwed us over and over and over and over and over and over and over again and again… The Nigerian people saw the next possible solution which was G.M.B and put their hopes in him. They found HOPE.  I mean we weren't sure of what the future would hold as regards this, but we set him up at a vantage point and looked up to him, deciding we rather have something to hope for than let the country crumble into ruins. That is one admirable thing about this country and Africa as a whole… it's a major reason we are still thriving.

If you notice my beautiful people, there are very few cases of suicide recorded in our obodo Nigeria unlike Onyibo countries where small thing.. Someborry e haf go and hang himself… I read somewhere that some lady killed herself because her man of many years left her.. Mehn! Itzz never that serious babe.. there is always another fine boy out there now… You see my people don’t want to die.. lol they prefer to endure the heart break oohhhh sotey the enduring go dey endure them sev.. but they never agree to lose hope.. This is unlike some foreign countries (lemme not mention names so when I go and apply for Visa there, they will not google this post and pursue me from the embassy lol). A Nigerian abi should I say African man, no matter how terrible or crazy the situation, would rather stay alive and hope for magic to happen in the impossibility of the situation, than commit suicide. One of the major contributing factor to our high hope is our religion, as we Africans are really religious people and believe our God can do all things (which actually is very true, as he really can do), so we would rather rest our case at his feet than at our graves. I think that considering the chaos and hardship going on in Nigeria and Africa as a whole.. It can only be our firm believe in God that has helped us thrive, and like Nonso always says when he enters his off and on born again mode; #ItcanonlybeGOD

Also Africans are family people, and rather than let our family suffer, we rather stay alive and somehow help alleviate the pain our departure could bring. That’s why in clinics, we could see someone suffering from a terminal ailment, but his family would rather spend every single kobo to keep him alive and hope for his recovery, even if it is dimed impossible, but if it is onyibo man land… They wihh just chuk the person injection when its terminal.. and case is closed.

In another aspect, the foreigners when it comes to technology would keep trying and hoping that an experiment works even if it has failed a GAZILLION times..  and that is an aspect we Africans don't have hope sam sam. I read somewhere that the Wright brothers who invented the Aeroplane tried countless times to get the metal body to fly.. but failed.. but still kept trying regardless.. If na African man now.. iPray oh! we would have given up hope after about 10 trials..

Hope is something that has to do with a lot of sacrifice, cause it deals with the unseen and unknown. It is a probability not a certainty. So if you put your all on hope it might turn out good or bad. But in my view, even tho it sometimes turns out bad, those other times it turned out good nko? do you ever wonder what would have happened if you had given up and turned back? Would you have enjoyed the benefits of not loosing hope?


When one is hopeless we have accepted our fate which is def negative, but when you work and have hope, there is a 50/50 chance of things working out the way you want. And this reminds me that hope is not just you sitting and believing but working and believing. For example a sister of ours wrote JAMB more than 2ce.. (for the 4th time incase precisely) and got 180 which is the average pass mark, but was still quite low when it comes to competition for admission, so she upon seeing the result, gave up and didnt even bother writing the post-ume for the school :(. After a while, she was gisting with a friend randomly, and the friend was talking about how the same school she refused to sit for the Post –UME, admitted alot of students that year due to massive JAMB Failure across the board (Yes now, I know English small), and how the cut-off mark was dropped, hence allowing students with as low as 170 get in. My sis broke down in tears of regret. If only she had a lil bit hope in herself and the system, she would have written that exam and her story would be one of thanksgiving today. As my Christian brother will say,

“Do your best and leave the rest to Almighty God”

Leaving the rest to God is an act of hope. Has there been any record of someone who died due to hope, yes or nah. Nah it is, atleast if you fail hoping, deep within you, you will be at a settled peace that you sha tried. But if you fail without trying, you know it is 100% your fault. dasall 

Sooo.. with this few points of mine, I hope i have been able to convince you and not confuse you that whatever you are facing personally, it won't cost you much to act in the part of hope than despair, as we don't know what the future holds for us, so just work, pray and hope for the best regardless. Oya it haf do… breath in and breath out, the seriousness in me has finished lol, if I continue talking ehn, I will start to bind and cast lol. My little advice is sha always have hope, it's not going to kill you instead it will definitely turn things around for better. By the way did I mention I got admission to 3 other schools, I dont mean to brag but Nonso in your face :p. Have a blessed weekend ahead and dream of ice-cream and pizza (I mean......what could be better)


eheeeeen I remember something.. There is a signature on Nonso’s Gmail… So lemme copy and paste it here.. I think it makes sense small on this post.

“At the end of everything, everything will be alright. So if everything is not alright now, then you are not at the end. Never Give up.


Kai sometimes that boy can haf sense, other times he is just plain annoying. :p Oya Bye Bye.

Instagram: @ijagz



#ItcanonlybeGOD

21 comments:

  1. Fridays just comes with a different feeling from other days..i don't knw if anyone experiences that too..hoping today will b fun

    www.glowyshoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope is a probability and not a certainty. The system of our dear country is one that teaches you to be hopeful otherwise suicide mission might turn to be an option for you!
    Aside: for our dear country, it may be that G.M.B have not started the change process but i sure think EFCC has!
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Consulting fee gini? Lol you're a proper igbo man, Duru - anyway, it's all good in the hood. Monday? Friday? It doesn't matter because everyday is the same to me - I understand why 9-5 workers love Fridays. Sometimes I do Fridays even Sundays. I Hope to see change!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you totally on the HOPE thing..tough situation strenghts we Africans...we can endure ehh!!
    “At the end of everything, everything will be alright. So if everything is not alright now, then you are not at the end. Never Give up.
    Gbam!!!that is so true...do ve a lovely weekend mami

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Duru!

    I love you. No scrap that. I love the way you write. Lol. You spoke to me and "hammered" it in my head. Then you hit it right in again.

    "Hope is something that has to do with a lot of sacrifice, cause it deals with the unseen and unknown." So true. What is life without hope after all? Thanks!

    P.S: It's my first time here. What do I get? *rme*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya guys. sorry.. I had to run here.. Ehmm **Scratches bald head.. It wasnt me that wrote the post oh! It was Wajilda... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well said! I love the way you write.....
    www.debrasmuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's how I've not been able to comment since oh. I hope this goes through. Even me sef I'm hoping and trying hard just to comment ni oh, is cos of what I read. Nice one Ijagz. Your skin is gorge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. According to Emily Dickinson, 'Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all'.

    I believe hope is everything and the only thing. But sometimes its best to also hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
    Have a joyful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'hope is everything and the only thing'.that right there is why you should never give up. well said Blogoratti

      Delete
    2. 'hope is everything and the only thing'. that right there is why you should never give up. well said Blogoratti.

      Delete
  10. I Was here. Will come back to read this post. It's quite long.. But how much is the counseling fee?




    Www.trendwithgloria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. We will not give up, got the message ;)

    Nice jackets, love the colours!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  12. You almost made me believe in hope again but mehn I'm #teamcynical. Have a lovely weekend darling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Duru and Waljida who copied who.... You guys have the same style of writing.

    H. O. P. E. It's keeps so many of getting through our day to day life.

    www.icelaw.me

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope... we have an overabundance of that here and its importance cannot be over emphasised.

    Very well written.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Long piece nice though! You are right and funny

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a novel will get my cup and dictionary then come back to read. Mainwhile your Instagram page always make my day. So guys follow on Instagram and also follow mua @trendygloria.
    Happy new week to you all



    Www.trendwithgloria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a novel will get my cup of ice cream and dictionary then come back to read. Mainwhile your Instagram page always make my day. So guys follow on Instagram and also follow mua @trendygloria.
    Happy new week to you all



    Www.trendwithgloria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cool talk, this girl is cool headed like Mariam, so ya gonna be Mariam's backup for me on YnC..okay?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yeah! I concur. When one looses hope, it means the end is near. Let's keep hoping, praying, and working towards what we are hoping for. It will come to pass, God willing. Good job:o)

    ReplyDelete