Friday, 3 July 2015

The Crawling Educational System...


Hy guys, what's popping?! Hope you had a great turnt up week?! I would like to say a huge thank you for the deep love and welcome support y’all showed me on my first post last Friday.. Really ehn! I nefer hexsperred it… Thank you so so much guys.. I felt really loved and welcomed.. Hopefully, Nonso and I won’t kill each other with rat poison on here…  I know most of you will be rushing your official duties today (fast forward mode things), so you would leave that hell hole called ‘OFFICE’ and go home to rest and probably go out and turn up like me (…and when I say like me, I mean  buy 100 suya on your way and tune into sound city so you'd dance in the parlour :) ). Biko endeavour not to live a sad life like me… it's freaking Friday niggas, go out have fun (or just eat and sleep, I know your ass lazy). Anyways this week has had its ups and downs. Down being that I went for my uncles wake keep… He recently passed on after a brief battle with Diabetes  (please stay off too much sugar and fries guys, I beg of you!). 'twas really sad, we love you Uncle.. but God loves you more. Ehen.. and I am still broke oh and jobless so that's another down side, I guess. :(


Anywhichway, the ‘Up’ side is the fact that I got admission to study for my second degree in Criminal law at Birmingham University. Yayyyy!! Turn up, Oshey! So according to my calculation ehn… if God keeps me alive… I'd have two degrees by the time I'm 21 (I dunno but Nonso I just feel accomplished rubbing this in your face *evil grin*). Well that's where my topic sprouts up for today. I laid back to think about my cousin who is snoring sheepishly right now beside me (name and picture withheld for security).. She has been struggling for admission for a bit now, and then I realized we are screwed up, down and even sideways in this obodo Nigeria. I mean look at it… after struggling to clear W.A.E.C, thheeennn jamming JAMB, some stupid schools would still make you write Post-jamb, and then buying the very expensive admission form is just the beginning of Troubles to come. After all this, you'd still find yourself at home. And apparently yeah, in a plight to even keep students at home for much longer… JAMB has stopped doing two choices for each level of institution. It's now one university, one polytechnic and one school of education. Kai! I thought life was supposed to get berra and not harder?! Oh mehn! Why are we like this in this country?! Why are we just corrupt in this Nigeria? If you even take a step further to go to the institution to plead your case, you'd be asked to show your reference letter from literally ‘heaven above’ (One Oga at the top godfather) or your ever imporrant ‘brown envelope’ (bribe). I know a friend of mine who LEGITIMATELY got admission to study law at an institution, and going to pick up her admission letter… she found out that koro-koro on the one for law, they had cancelled her name and put someones name instead.. So they then printed a new one for her in another course, under the claim that there was no more space in Law… I mean can you beat that guys?! No more space?! really Niggas?! really?! :( Apparently.. they had sold the poor girls admission spot for money that wouldn't add value to their lives.



Making reference to my testimony above… I paid Naira 7,000 to apply for 5 schools in the U.K which approximately is bout Naira 1,400 per school… Abeg which school in Nigeria has their form as low as that?! and this 1400 now went and included the processing and brochures fees too ooooo . That aside I didn't write any form of post-jamb or aptitude test, I was just asked to write a personal statement and forward my CV with my other documents… and kapish… that was all. And to my surprise I got a reply after only 3 days stating that, “after due consideration, I had been given an unconditional offer, and same had been sent to my mail by the admission officer of the school. Wo!!! If it is this Nigeria ehn… Hian.. I pirry you… who is going to send you email that you have gotten admission?! if you like don't goan be checking your name in SUN news paper at all those places they pay 50 Naira per paper and argue Chelsea and Arsenal.. Be there waiting for email… wo! O.Y.O is your case. Here ehnn… it's after they finish putting their family members, village people, fathers uncles sister girlfriends last childs name, and the names of people that gave them bribe or letter.. It is after they finish satisfying those ones that they will start looking at your legitimate WAEC and JAMB qualifications. Also you'd probably wait 5 month before you hear that the first batch of names are out sef, which your name might not be among oh. Bet y? Oh mehn! Naija we hail thee.. It really saddens me to see how our once honest schools are turning into the 'Lions den' day by day. Worst of all is you spending almost 6 to 7 years for a 4yr course, with side attractions like lecturers oppression (sexually or financially)…  bad facilities, missing results, extortion, and many more.  Then you hear everyday on that mumu NTA that funds have been allocated to the educational sector… Please I ask… where is the money biko #BringBackOurMoney.

Sadly even the private schools which are believed to be a little more organized are just armed robbers in disguise. One would pay for this and that and this and that. Chai, iz nefa that deep nah, biko… we don't have trees in our house where we pluck money from (Biko if you do tho, please indicate in your comment below, god said there is love in sharing *huge longer throat smile*).



To my small self ehn.. The staffs are the main course of the problem, they are all self centered and looking for the betterment of just themselves.. hence they never have peace cause “wealth is never enough.” Better get your honest wage and enjoy spending it… than to just be accumulating money at the expense of someone's future which you will not even enjoy. I mean a research has shown that 90% of people that die don't spend up to 30% of their wealth (Biko don’t ask me which research.. just use your righteous mind and accept the research :p)... So why gather so much and not enjoy the little you have, all at the expense of eternal wealth?!

Sincerely speaking… I don't see change coming anytime soon.. unless we all choose to work on ourselves. Because if everyone decides to live a honest life…. this Nigeria and teh World as a whole would be a beaurriful place to live in. But Story for the gods… now ehnnn… honesty is even a crime. May God help those who are in this school wahala, that things would change for the better soon. 

This is where I say peace out guys, cos if I continue talking I might just abuse someborries father who is a lecturer or school staff. So lemme carry my skinny legs to safety. Well well… try and enjoy life, it's not as long as it used to be in the days of Methuselah, but you can make do of it still.

Do Have a great weekend ahead… and Turn up for two biko, Oshey fans, piz out….



Instagram: @ijagz 

#ItcanonlybeGOD

21 comments:

  1. I wonder where we got it all wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear the koror of this issue has its root in the individual and our way of thinking

      Delete
  2. Lol... Girl you rock!

    Everything u sed is jus the pure truth tho they say truth is as bitter as small stout. This is what we are facing in our obodo country oooo. But girl, except if it scholarship, u will pay money for school fees even almost as big as ur first degree all wrap together but unfortunately hw many Nigerians can afford that? (Congrats though and I wish you the best). Please I only have one thing to beg from u, when u come back bc it is pple who go abroad nd study that they usually give top appointment, pls don't forget all of this and help straighten d corrupt and unfair system in our country.

    LiveLife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oshey! Turn up. Definitely dear, anything I can do to help is also for my children's children future. Thanks o jere

      Delete
  3. Only of they can take drastic steps to make everything right and admit students according to procedures and not positions. Naija I hail thee!. I had a family friend who had to spend another year at home. she saw her name on d list and didnt print out. Only for her to go to the cafe to print out and realized that her name wasn't on the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Y evils. Only God can judge her case. I have faith there will be change but omo it looks like a vision 2030 something

      Delete
  4. Naija we hail thee oh!

    Life z good!

    Education in naija needs PRIVATISATION too, abi na only NEPA?

    And she writes well Duru! Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I tell you privatization is just 10% of the solution, the matter carry weight. Anyways thanks dear

      Delete
  5. Hello and sorry about your uncle passing. Congratulations on your offer, and hope it leads to more greater opportunities for you. Having said that, our education system still needs a lot of hard work. Shameful how low things have gotten really.
    Sir Duru, how is it going? Hope the week went well for you. Thanks for the comment you left at my spot.
    Hello Mariam, you okay?
    You guys have a nice weekend, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you are the only person who told me sorry *increses love bar from 80% to 110%* . Thanks dear and amen.

      Delete
  6. I keep wondering how we got to this point in this our nation...education system is not de only thing dat needs help..congrats dear..nice weekend to all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a sorry story I swear. It's only God and our willingness to change that's gonna help us. Thanks dear

      Delete
  7. my dear oooo.....u see the country we live in na.... dat was how i wrote jamb 4 times jus to get admission into medicine and i no get plus it seems those peeps were reli blind to my high pume and jamb scores... i jus had to fill in pharmacy the last time and fortunately i got it... na jungle we da for this naija...its only the strong that suvive




    My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT. “If you don’t eat your vegetables, you will never grow up”.

    My mother taught me GENETICS. “You’re just like your father”.

    My mother taught me about my ROOTS. “Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?”

    My mother taught me WISDOM. “When you get to be my age, you’ll understand”.

    And my favourite: my mother taught me about JUSTICE. “One day you’ll have kids and I hope they turn out just like you!”
    Read THINGS OUR MOTHERS TAUGHT US

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ehya, thank God you are sha in school that's the koko, we will be the lions of the jungle by Gods grace

      Delete
  8. When you finally graduate,these schools take forever to push names for NYSC...screwed system.

    Pls visit: Nma's Blog 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear is to pray and do dry fasting, for a miracle

      Delete
  9. Yyyyyyyyaaayyy my Baby is going to the UK... In your mind nah... You will be thinking you know book ba?! taa... shift jo... But I am happy for you though... go and excel Baby mi... Biko where the Turn uP at eh?! Definitely not in Your prlour with soundcity oh!!! **wears straight face...

    You see ehn Baby mi... It's sad the level our Education has dropped to... I mean thinking about it just breaks my heart... Everyone has already sighted out the various issues... but I guess whether hear or in the UK... The self development of the child does not depend on the staff or institution but on the students willingness to be better... GOD will help us... Nice one Ijagz... This post was apt and relatable with... Thanks for sharing... Cheers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *singing* some people jealous me, some people jealous me, some pe.......... Duru Duru there is economic depression ain't noborry gat money for any turn up. I know right the system is a sad issue but we would do our part and leave the rest to God. Horrible nightmares by the way :)

      Delete
  10. Sorry about your uncle dear.

    Hahaha the admission part got me laughing really hard. Mehn sadly it's not all about being school smart now but you also have to be Street wise. You go girl!

    Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! congrats dear. Corruption in Nigeria has dealt a horrible blow on Nigerians . May God help us.
    http://unbrydledopinion.blogspot.ca/
    http://gudrecipes.blogspot.ca/






    Reply

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well said. Hmmmmm we missed it somewhere but I wish we knew where. Sorry about your loss dear.



    Www.trendwithgloria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete