Friday, 14 August 2015

Live for TODAY...



Hellurr!! Hope y'all are good?! It's been a while, and I have really missed you guys big time. Mehnn these past days have been really busy for moi, I mean when your Dad employs you as his personal daughter and secretary ehn..  Hexspect to do times two of the work. But I know I will survive sha. Right now I'm at one Nigeria-Niger Joint commission for cooperation kini kna kini kan program like that ba, and I feel I might die of boredom here pretty soon..  but then there is water water tea break *shines teeth* and there is a BIGGG ghen ghen lunch *Shines teeth again* and then to finish the marra.. there is scheduled to be an ABUNDANT dinner **Melts.. So trust me, I live for only those moments in this kind of event.  Hope your week has been a blissful one tho?! Okay! Now let's get straight to the matter of the day shall we??

I want to talk a bit about saving up but still living life. Call me young and confused ehn.. At least I am only 19 and some.. but Forgive me cause I must say that our generation is a short lived one, and it's a fact. I say this cause sadly.. our life spans are becoming shorter generation by generation. What can we blame it on?! modernization which has caused us to derail from the healthy way of living??  or the babanla pollution and technological mishaps?? I mean in this generation ehn.. If you live as long as 80, ma nigga!!! you are an O.G I tell you.

There was a research I recently read somewhere, which stated that 90% of we humans don't spend (before we die) up to 3 percent of the wealth we accrue during our lifetime. That's why you'd see this onyibo someborries dying  and leaving so much (if not all) of their property for a cat or dog.. pityfull.

We work so hard and rest so little, forgetting to not forget to remember that we all have a limited time in this life and won't keep working forever. We just stress ourselves and fuss all day for someone else to bask on when we are gone, always thinking of the future and hardly living in the present. Before I proceed.. I want us to have these at the back of our minds;

"one day we will leave this world behin,d so live a life you will remember" ( *covers face* Oya sorry, I stole this line from an Avicii song :p but it suffices now).

Many of us are always forming “I'm saving up for the future” hence we starve today.. To those I say *Yimu*.. cause come to think of it..  are we even sure there will be any future if not by the grace of God? I mean don’t get it twisted.. It is a good thing to save for the rainy days.. Even the harmattan days too, Infact it is an extremely important thing, but we should also know that spending is very essential as well, and me I can sincerely tell you that I am a major proponent of self love. I mean God said “love your neighbor as yourself” But how can you love your neighbor when you don't even love yourself?! Gerrit??

 
I know a certain somborry *side eyes Nonso* who is even stingy to buy a good bathing soap lol… Some of us will think it to ourselves that it's too hespensive jo..  so lemme just manage 50  Naira green canoe soap. At least soap no dey kill black man, and  ma skin cannot fit spoil. To such people I say.. Shame on you! Why and how can you be so stingy to yourself?! Even if you earn little, there is a budget range you can spend on that you can atleast treat yourself to something good once in a month. Aight Lemme let you guys in on a little personal secret.. There is something I do monthly in which I treat myself to a good meal at a nice classy restaurant.. I even go as far as buying myself a gift once every month. Can I afford the very expensive ones?! NO! But no matter how little or cheap it is.. I make sure I get it FOR ME.. Cause at least, in a not so distant future, I can  I look back and reminisce how good it made me feel.

Pardonmy mini rant guys… But my message this morning is simple… Treat Yourself Right.. Cause life as we see it is only but Temporal.. If you earn Big save a bit but enjoy your today..  This morning I want to task us on a little exercise… If you earn a bit above the average ehn guys… I want you to save up and sponsor yourself on a vacation to some ghen ghen place in the world.. I mean see the world around you a bit, appreciate the work of God through nature. You don't have to go to the popular places, there are affordable places like Benin republic, Ghana or even our own Calabar during the carnival in December, or even Jos and it's beautiful environment and weather. If you are going to keep complaining you have too many problems, my bro/sis I tell you problems will never finish and money can never be enough.



Sometimes we get money and don't even remember what we spent it on. Is it when you are old and can't ride a roller coaster, take ice cream, wear high heels, party with friends that you want to spend your money?! Don't worry your children will help you chop it since u couldn't chop even small out of it. And don't get it twisted you don't live for only yourself but for others, so don't in the name of saving not help people around you. You might not see it as a sin but it is. Remember the story of Lazarus and the rich man in the book of Luke 16?! The rich man didn't go to hell cause he sinned, instead it was cause he had more than enough of the resources to help others ba, but he left Lazarus to die in need. So after all my preaching all I want to say is “ENJOY LIFE BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

Me I can sha not come and go and kee mysef. So imma do wha I gotta do to enjoy my life before the clock stops ticking. I hope you have a nice day and enjoy your weekend. Adios and God bless



Sent from borrow borrow iPad that I stole to do this post.. *shines teeth*

Instagram: @ijagz


#ItcanonlybeGOD

14 comments:

  1. i love topics like this cos it reminds us of the reality of life.....DEATH! sometimes i wonder if all the savings and acquisition of wealth is really worth it when life itself is unpredictable. Nevertheless we need to live and plan 4 d future because we could be among the lucky to live up to 80s and 90s all the same i agree....enjoy life too while it last cos life indeed is too short

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear. And that contribution is duly noted and highly vital

      Delete
  2. I always strive to treat myself, every other day. Not just with material things but more importantly with rest, peace of mind and focus. Happiness is a big thing for me, and I'd never trade that for anything. The stress of everyday life can sometimes take its toll, so your advice is spot on, and one that everyone should ponder on.
    Great piece, greetings to you.

    Duru, how is the week coming along? Have a fantastic weekend.
    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your continual support, we appreciate 😊

      Delete
  3. So I totally love this post... So on point on that note am on my way to the bank to withdraw my small change there... Afterall YOLO...
    Pheezycorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha @Yomi

      I am learning to take it easy on me...I cannot come and go and kee myself

      Nma's Blog 

      Delete
    2. Lol, thanks. But a beg baby gurl leave atleast 1k for emergency

      Delete
  4. Translate this post to: Enjoy yaself while you are young and tell your children about it when you are old...hehe. Nice post Ijagz.

    Btw Duru I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Dare me not to acknowledge it and you will surely see my wrath!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear. Lol that could serve as another heading

      Delete
  5. Yes ooo... live as if tomorrow will never come (it's completely maximizing all the beautiful things that come with today) and plan for tomorrow as if you will live forever. Love this piece! You just interpreted my feelings to words. I also feel what Blogoratti said, happiness...peace and fulfillment are what we should always strive to achieve everyday cos in few hours today will be gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of friends need to read this post ooooo, The post is so nice.. Oblivion is inevitable.... So we should try and live a life in which we won't be forgotten..... Ijagz I never see ya green light okkk

    www.icelaw.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thanks dear. Green light gini, I doesn't hundastand wat ya saying ooo.

      Delete
  7. All I'd keep saying. The best thing is just to know how you'd balance it. Life is too short o. Work hard, look good, enjoy the good tidings life brings to you.
    www.debrasmuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. God bless you Hun









    I was told
    The average girl begins to plan her wedding at age 7
    She picks the colours and the cake first
    By the age of 10
    She knows time,
    And location
    By 17 she CLICK HERE

    ReplyDelete