Monday, 10 August 2015

Man in the Mirror...



Pre- Script: I am sorry gang.. Last week was crappy for me… Plus having that me an my the YnC gang VP were "malicing" on eac other... NEPA literally took light on the Blog.. Bet! Wee areeee backkkk… And Insha Allah yeah.. The legendary Victor Okoronkwo will be writing for us come #FeatureThursday of August the 13th.. Whoop Whooopp! I cant keep frigging calm guys! aYam, excited much.. :D 7: 25 Am.. I just got an Email as regards last weeks post.. Apparently like the BeauRRiful Physayo said... It just could get beRRa. #ItcanonlybeGOD

**Inhales.. Turn uP Turn uP! Ladies and gentlemen.. Whats up! Whats Up!! Whats uP!!! Mehn **Deep sigh.. Eeez not a joking sturvz oh! Kai! It so feels good to be in a new week **Smiles.. Abeg let last week go with all its wahala.. New week! New grind! New Anticipation.. and the crowd goes Yyyyeeaaah mehnnn! How are we Gang?! How was the Saturday grove?! Who got married?! Who got laid again def not me sha :(?! Who got engaged?! Who Turned uP!? I'm a miscreant shey?! **Covers face… So first off **Clears throat.. I wanna come and goan say a very ghen ghen thank you to all of you.. and I mean Every. Single. One. Of. You.. for the love that you showed this confused 23 year old last week.. Omo mehn! a neFer hexspeRRed it..  Didnt think manhy would read it sev.. As it was put up really early.. A tad earlier than usual... For those who even went the extra mile to call and send in Emails..  I say thank you... To those who fashid me..  **Clears throat... Just know that I wihh do you back.. heheh iKid.. My prayer for you all is that your children wihh not goan resemble your neighbor…  Sincerely gang.. I wish I could spill on what aYam going through wit Y’all.. But Dad’s taught us to row our boats ourselves.. and not bother the world with it.. But still never forget to cry out for help when it feels like we are drowning deep within. So amma not gonna disturb anyboRRy with my wahalass.. hehehe Even Ijagz the girl who kinda still owns the largest stakes in my heart doesn’t know what ayam going through.. But oh well.. In the words of Lifetitudes..  It ezz water under the bridge now... and I kukma have a life jacket on.. So we safe.

Second on the Agenda of my confusion.com this moRRing is…. waittt for it!!! Yyyyaaaaayyyy Happy Birthday to my very own Woman wrapper in the Hustle… my very own King Ice who has been using his winchie winchie to block all my Runs on Blogger.. With that his head like Mango and Ishi Okpukpo.. Mchhhewww.. Sha Happy Birthday.. In Ijagila’s voice.. beRRa enjoy the 7 minutes of fame aYam giving you on the Young and Confused gang oh! But just be informed that the moment any lady says that you are handsome in the comment section.. Amma  this section of the post sharpally ASAP.. the Beef is real eh! You cannot come and collect glory on our own Blog Impossicant!  **Tongue out… then **Wears Straight face…

So.. Can I ask you a kind kweshion gang?! Can I?! So here goes… When you look at yourself in the mirror yeah.. What do you see?! I mean really… What do you see?! Now all thanks to CatWoman **Wears Mr. Nigeria smile.. I have been emotionally and psychologically brain washed by her beauty to start doing 120 Push uPs every morning… and that shi hurts like hell.. Kai! Sometimes I literally wake up grumbling.. heheheh and some days like this morning yeah.. I just stylishly deceive myself that I haven’t woken up **covers face.. and continuously snooze the alarmsss (Note I use 3 alarms to sleep) till 4 Am reaches.. But when I had time to think chill and clear over the weekend yeah.. I walked pass the windows down stairs wearing nothing but shorts.. and I saw my Biceps and Chests growing… and I went wow! Na me be this?! Cause I saw growth.

Now having that noboRRy in the whole house has mirror in their room.. and I mean noboRRy… Well except for Dr. Duru.. We used to borrow her Mirror for everything.. When we want to get a Hair cut oh.. When we want shave tha bia bia that we have only in our spiritual eyes oh..  when we steal new shoe and wanna see that we are not doing color riot oh… etc… We literally borrow that mirror for every. Single. thing eh.. my Sister rocks :).. Apart from Barr. Duru shaa.. He has his own.. But each time we look at ourselves in the mirror.. Maybe after writing an 'A' on my head during a barbing session.. Each time gang.. Just after returning the mirror to Nne’s room…  I forget.. I forget what I looked like.. What I felt like looking at my growing boRRy.. Looking at my arms.. Looking at my 3 and half packs.. I forget what it feels like to look like me.. I totally forget..
There is a Micheal Jackson in all of us...

Last week was hard for me gang.. hehehe I had to go drink at a bar on Monday… and while at it yeah.. I saw one man in C.M.O… and I was like Niiccceee… I am not the only Alcohol Drinker in the whole Church :) **Covers face.. And then I had to do some touching boRRy the next day with an Older woman … but when I came into the office after all the brouhaha.. I went to the rest room.. Looked at myself in the Mirror.. **Singing.. I’m starting with the man in the mirror By M.J (R.I.P) in my head right now… and said…

“I make a commitment to myself to be a better man.”

Cause at that time.. I knew that if I wanted to become a better me.. I had to choose to become it. And no one else could make that choice apart from me and the man in the mirror…

Truth is gang.. When I look in the mirror yeah.. I see a cyborg… Not Half Human and half Robot oh! But half Young and Half utterly confused … Half dreamer.. who has chosen to put the pleasures of 18 to 25 on a temporal hold for the glory of an uncertain tomorrow.. the man who wants to change the way African youths are seen.. A voice for every African... And then Half Casanova.. The one who wants to have as much sex as he can.. Drink as much alcohol as he can..  and skydive from an Airplane at least once.. I see a man who wants to live today and Damn tomorrow.. That’s what I see gang.. 2 in 1 i guess..What do you see?!

Life through my eyes is utterly confusing.. Some nights when my cravings are higher and harder than my determinations.. I forget about everything..  About the man in the mirror… About why I am here.. About why I should sacrifice.. About why I should save. Truth is  Gang.. Life is tough.. and Growing up is tougher… But my sermon this morning is simple.. In all the brouhaha yeah… leRRus not lose the light… leRRus not lose sight of the man in the mirror.. But then.. May be! Just maybe we even forget anything… and lose sight of every other thing yeah.. But in it all.. LeRRus not lose sight of the man we see in our eyes through the mirror.. cause that gang.. That right there is the you that is… That is the you yearning to Live… That is the you yearning to make a difference.

P.S: Please who has seen Beyondthe Lights… It’s a great movie.. and who has heard Shiga by Vector the Viper.. hehe Amazing stuff.. Just plain Amazing.. **Whispers I have a feeling I will do something stupid before dawn today.. Already sent out some texts Ripples to the universe.. leRRus see who responds.. **Wears Evil smile.

Thank you for the past 7 minutes of your time gang.. My prayer for you is that you wihh not forget to charge your phone when there is Nepa light, so when an interesting chat comes in by 12 AM you will have enough battery to catch groove.. and not be changing sim up and down like Yahoo boy.

Bloggers I miss:

Purple Cheekzz.. Now for the record gang,.. Seyram is my Instagram crush all day every day.. hehehe I even Love seyram more that I love Ijagz sev… Kai I like that geh scaRRa.. but sadly she is currently AWOL on blogger… Just in case you get to read this Bubba.. We your fans miss you.

Changing Post Codes: Now CPC is by all ramifications one of the coolest bloggers I have ever met.. Plus she is smart like kilode… I stuill dunno why she is AWOL.. I just she would come back  already :(

This Lagos Girl (Ms. TLG): Now this lady is by all standards one of the funniest realest bloggers I know.. She is sooo real and full of life ehnn… kai! You can feel it…  In my head yeah! She has join the Twin of Toin and Mzz Sykik.. hence making them Triplets.. My I miss her so.

Blogging is funny Dear Reader.. As once you lose the Mojo and the Why by a slightest hint.. The real Life takes over and the virtual world fades.. Please gang.. I beg for one thing… If you are reading this… I beg you to spare just 5 minutes of your time and please drop a kind comments on these Blogs above if you can gang.. I still go there weekly.. heheheh They are probably tired of reading my reminders sev.. Please try and big them back if you can gang. Cause if I went AWOL.. All I would need is 1 reason to return…

Instagram: @youngandconfused_byjdb

#Udo #ItcanonlybeGOD


26 comments:

  1. It certainly is going to be a good week as I see you've moved past the events of last week. Working out is a good idea and will do you a great deal of good.
    Also, losing sight of the real image of ourselves in, of the reflection in the mirror, of the goodness and fine specimen of a human being that we crave for...losing sight of all that is so easy with everyday life. That's why reflections are good, to bring one back to reality. But nevertheless, enjoy life. Work, play, and rest.

    Peace in the week ahead, and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaayyyy King BlogoraTTi for the Frigging win Y'all.. Thank you so much Oga Boss.. Mehn the Working out e haf TaYa me oh Biko! It makes my arms hurt.. Lemme just kuku fess up now nah before CatWoman catches me... I cannot continue.. Biko i wihh not come and goan die on top of Muscle.. If it comes.. Good and well.. If not.. Good and well.. **Winks..

      Truly Truly yeah sir, life happens in such a hurry.. seems like the older I grow.. The shorter days have become.. Sometimes it is so fast that often times yeah.. I lose focus and sight of the me that is and the me that is meant to be. I just get lost in the motions..and i guess thats why like you said.. Reflections are not an Option.. they are a frigging neccessity.. Biko I cant Shout gang.. King BlogoraTTi for President.. **Shines teeth.. **Whispers.. Biko make me your campaign manager :()

      Thank you for your words of wisdom and for having our backs on the Gang here on a steady sir.. I mean I wish i knew the adequate way to show gratitude Oga boss.. But all i can say from my heart Chief of Staff.. Is Thank you.. You Rock Sir.. Aswwear you do.. and the crowd goes.. Oooooossshheeey Turn uP!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday to my nigger "ICELAW" wishing him all the goodness of life....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weldone oh Temi! Just Weldone!! Sooo... it is only Ice that you are Toasting with your comment ba?! Diarisgodoo?! **Wears Straight face... Inshort it is over.. We are breaking up.. :(

      Delete
  3. Finally you are back dearie..buy hope uou feeling much more better...hold on strong aii..come bak with your plenty crazy

    www.glowyshoes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheheheheh Awwwgghhh Glowy.. I cant tell why yeah.. But this comment means a lot to me.. Thank you Thank you.. Thank you.. You Rock baby mi.. Aswear you do.. **Sniff Sniff.. E Hugs.. then E-Kiss.. then E- Touching BoRRy.. :)

      Delete
  4. Everything will be fine Bubba. Wonderful post as usual....Happy Birthday to my handsome Ice! Wishing him all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Handsome Ice ke?! lati bo?! On the YnC Gang! Impossicant! Just IMPOSSICANT! Inshort aYav Fex... Amma delete this post out of jealousy ASAP.. ahan nah! How can you be cheating on me like this?! How can you be toasting Ice in my presence.. Diarisgodddooo.... heheheheh

      Yyyyyyyaaaaaaayy Morayo my Bubba toh sure is back.. Hiya Bae.. How are you Bubba?! Yeah! It will Insha Allah.. I believe Mo.. I really do.. Thank you for being so good to me even when i don't really deserve it.. You Rock bae.. and the crowd goes... Yyyyeeeaaahh mehn!

      Delete
  5. Funny you, am glad you are working towards becoming a better man and that's all that matters. I always laugh so Hard when I visit here and I had to reflect on these words of yours.

    The blogging world totally fun and its like a big family we all got each others back.

    GABBY SPEAKS BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. iBlush.. Kai! SomeboRRy hold me oh! Hold me oh!!! Cause right about now ehnnn! My head e haf swell and finish! Choi! See toasting of life.. iBlush iBlusher iBlushest :) Thank you so much Ifeoma.. What more can I say?! #ItcanonlybeGOD

      You can say that again.. On my way to work this morning yeah.. I was just thinking about how its like a daily Reality TV show on Blogger.. And how much fun it is here.. How we have bonded.. Toasted et al... I can boldly say Bubba.. that It is ghen ghen people like you that make it all worth the while.. Thank you for coming into my life Ifeoma.. and thank you for staying all the while.. You Rock bae.. aswear you do... and the crowd goes.. Awwwwggghh

      Delete
  6. awwww... its so nyc to knw u re sincerely concerned abt the blogs above.... dats like starting a movement.. well, its good to know that u re back on ur feet, happy and feeling ghen ghen... and oh please don't try any mischevious tin today



    3 MOVIES I CAN’T GET ENOUGH OF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yyyyyyyyaaaaaaayyy Favour for the Frigging win Yo!! It is so nice to feel ghen ghen again oh Bubba.. Even if i say so myself.. Last week was a one kain week.. But onward and forward like the Onyibo man says.. Its cause of lots like you that i feel how i feel.. You are the real MVP Bubba.. Thanks for always.. yeah.. I guess that when someone opens a Blog.. Its cause he/she wants to dive in.. But when someone goes AWOL.. All he/she needs is a sincere reason to come back.. Please drop a kind commen on theirt blogs if you can Bubba.. pretty please :).. Thank you for always Favor.. and teh crowd goes mmmmwwwaaahh :)

      Delete
  7. Ehm....Duru buy me shirt for birthday na. Boss Thank you for the Post sha......Hehehehehe for this i will leave every other babe for you except for Ijagz....Ayam kidnapping her very soon......hmmm Wajilda oya email me eh...just reply let me give you my email abi phone number.

    www.icelaw.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheheheheheheh heheheh See your head! mad man! if you near Ijagz eeehhhh.. Your Die is surer than sure that day.. but on a second note yeah.. She is my Ex nah.. Please take her.. **Winks.. Happy Birthday in Arrears King Ice.. Glad you had fun.. and I thank GOD you read this.. hehehe You na sure guy Al day every day..... and the crowd goes.. Ooooooossssshhhheeey Turn uP!

      Delete
  8. Thought I left a comment here yesterday?? oh wow! I haf kuku forget everything I wrote here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. **Tears shirt... Nooooooooo!!!!!! **crying in Spanish...

      Delete
  9. Hellluuuurrrr.... What do i see when i look in the mirror? I see this amazing woman that has a lot to achieve... I haff to scope myself small na..... Welcome back pappi *mwaaah*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehhehehehehhe Moby of Life... Fine geh toh Sure... Blogger toh sharp... Okay oh!! Be scoping yaself Dia... afterall... Washing is free... **winks... Thanks for coming by Moby Koko... It's always a reason to smile reading you Bae... and the crowd goes... Yyyyyyeeaaaahhh mehn...

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Aha!!! No oh!! We no go gree oh!!! So you wihh greet only Ice ba Agbani?! That's how ya gonna play me ba?! Issorait... **cleans tears with shirt... Diarisgodd...

      Delete
  11. i miss here and i missed you.!!!!! Interesting post as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaayyyy My Pastor Partner in Crime is backk... I cannot frigging keep calm... yyyyyaaaaayyy Kai... I love Itimi ehhhnnn.. Kai a*covers face in shyness... iBlush and iShy...

      Delete
  12. True talk... You just said everything. This is the reality which most young people pretend never exist. There is a wide difference between who we see at the mirror everyday and who we project to the world. But let's still be aware that we are not the owner of ourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oshey!! Pastor Nike eezzz in the building... Yaaaayyy... True that bubba... The most important decisions of us all yeah... Eezz choosing to be true to our inner most man... Cause that bubba... That's who really matters... Cheers Baby mi... and Thanks for coming through... Mwah

      Delete
  13. Boss me *smiles*, glad you are back to business as usual (Woman hunting and sharing happiness with us on blogsville!). Hmmn, When I look in the mirror, I see a girl who is superproud of herself and who has no regrets whatsoever over the decisions she is taken so far in life. Hope you are serious this time about being a better man Duru. And of course you know what a better man wouldn't be caught doing.. *winks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hian!!! Biw woman!!! I said beRRa man oh!!! Not Pastor! Aha...They are 2 different things nah... Thank you for this kind comment Rella... hehhehe you had me smiling like a fish... Ya just super cool Nne aswear... Thank you for always Rella... **Blows wet French moist kiss...

      Delete