Monday, 11 January 2016

My Fathers Son


..And that was how the guy drove into the Pharmacy parking space.. walked in with a Swagger like no other.. And while Duru was buying pain killer to cure aching Gum.. My guy was buying Durex to go get his groovveee on! hehehe And Duru literally went! Oshey baDDest Nigga Ever liveth! (**Please insert 2 hands in the air smiley here) Heheheheh…  Turn uP Turn uP ladies and Gentlemen.. What gwan gang?! Like Play like Play January e haf almost finish oh! **Deep Sigh..  It is well oH! Becauseee.. If omolomo tells you the kinda Financial Budget I am currently on ehhn! **cleans lone tear.. You will Cry for Africa! But oh! Well.. in Due time I guess. So in the Spirit of No dulling annnddd **In Back to Back Olamide’s Voice.. Oya Shake it! Baby don’t Break it! Eh!! It took your Mama 9 months to make it... basically Don’t Stop!!! :)


So how was your Weekend eh Gang?! Hope you Turned up! Hope you showed love?! Hope you had madt Fun oh!! If you have Drivers license.. Hope you made mad love ooh?! #JealousMuch Mine was on a low oh! Why?! Weeell.. MB E haf finish so No Instagram and Cash to buy yet! :( thhhhheeemnn… Festac Nepa chose to REMIND us that they are still king of Heart Break and disappointment.. theeeennn Arrows season 3 e haf finish;  But Smoak and Queen finally got eett onnn :)! Whopp! Whoop!!! Its been a long time coming. Anyways to the confusion of Today.. lets Dance shall we?!


My Fathers Son!  I never remember being a perfect son.. Ifaye say I was perfect.. I was a definition of wahalaboy.com while growing up.. you know the stubborn kid always causing kata kata in the house.. the lone who would scatter the house if they beat him.. **Whispers.. I was Evilll..  the kid who would come 28th out of 30 in Primary 3.. the kid who would have Dirty Uniform in JSS2 cause he was too lazy to wash, the one who would have Wet Shorts on Monday in JSS3 cause he washed by 2AM on Sunday and was hexSpeRRing Miracle midnight sun to dry it (One child once asked me on the School bus.. "Nonso.. Did rain fall in your house?! Why is your Knicker wet" :(), I was the kid who would have Soap in his Hair in SS1.. ehenn... and the kid who would be doing Peeping Tom from under the stair case when ladies passed..  and just diNNor pay attention to his studies. BaDDoo! And in Uni.. I was the kid too Afraid to live! But the past 3 years since graduation have been on an #itcanonlybeGOD level.. and have taught me a lot; about life.. about women.. about money.. about love.. and all of this I owe to my Father.



Its funny how we unconsciously become the people we spend most of our time with.. As gradually my smile has become his.. my gesticulations his.. my mind his.. and my fears his. Its funny how the person we always feared while growing became the one I loved the most.. its funny how life is such a switch.

In my life yeah.. Me and Dad haf seen ogbologbo hardship.. and then we have enjoyed ghen ghen enjoyment of Laifee! We have smiled the smiles and teared the tears.. but if there is anything that I have in recent times learnt with him yeah.. it’s the fact that  no matter how big or wealthy or smart I think I can become.. I will always be my fathers son... I will always need him.


Truth is I dunno why aYam writing this post.. hell! I never know why I write anything so why am i even asking sevv?! but if there eez any message I would like this post to pass yeah.. its that; The older we get.. So do the people we love. So my plea is that you let your maturity and wisdom always be in check when relating to Dad and Mum.. that you caution your words so they feel loved and less slighted, that you make out time to sit and have tete a tete’s with them so they reminisce on times past and smile.. That you take selfies with them and spend cash on them (no matter how simple).. That you just make them Happy.. cause ma people.. They made us who we are and who we will become.


So here goes.. To he who made me the man I will become.. to him who doesn’t sleep unless I do.. to him who has my back more times than I have had his.. To he who endured all those bad reports about me growing up and still believed in me to become the man will become.. to he who was there for me when the world left me to self destruct.. to he who said everything will be alright when tears Filled my heart.. To you Barr. Duru.. I say I will make you proud Father.. and I promise with every fiber in my boRRy to Not stop working hard Dad..  cause it took you and Mama 9 months to make me :).


P.S: Yyyaaaaayyy! Esther Koko eezz Back! My baby is back on Blogger! Its about to get Lit again down here Gang.

Thank you for the past 7 minutes of your time gang! In this new week ehnn! I pray that your MB wihh not come and goan finish when that geh is about to Say Yes to you on WhatsApp! In English I mean.. May you not be disappointed at a time when you have your hopes set high. 

Instagram: @youngandconfusedafrica :P Mbok.. LeRRus make IG looff down Dia!!! :)


#Udo #ItcanonlybeGOD

29 comments:

  1. Nice piece u got there bro.

    www.icelaw.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeess Boss. King Ice in the Building Yoo!! Thanks Baba! #ItcanonlybeGOD

      Delete
  2. Nice one Duru ������...but why did you not pray for girls na? Why only boys?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehehheheheheh Well because girls always and i repeat always are the ones being Toasted nah! See wahala oh! Bia Blessing.. You think gehs need prayer as regards Love wahala?! no oh! They are always on the receiving End of Love.. Hence it is we guys that need the laying of Hands as regards Love.. So you gehs we gree for our Toasting.

      Thanks for coming by Bubba.. You have me smiling like a Fish :)

      Delete
  3. Wishing you a great week!

    Sending you lots of sun from the Athens!
    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yyyyaaaayyy Beauty follower of Laife ion the Building ladies and Gentlemen.. Thanks for Coming through Bubba.. Choi! aYaf missed you like Kilode eh! **Wears Fine Boy smile... And yeah! Receiving ALL of the Love and Kisses and Hugs from Athens oh :)

      Delete
  4. Duru! I have missed your blog, I wiped my phone I had to go to your facebook page to get the link.
    Good thing you still have your dad and even better with great memories.
    Nice write up as usual

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agbannniiii!! Ah! Praaiiissee tha Lawd eh.. Cause Eeez not a joking things sam sma oh! kai! What has it been.. like 4 months or something.. **Cries in French.. Omolom e haf missed you like Kilode nah.. Mbok dont do like that again oh!! How are you Bubba?! Oh I am sorry about your Phone.. pele.. Dont worry Omo mi! Ya wiping it to make space on the Memory as a Second Phone... IPhone 6S wihh soon show Oya Take it!!! Receive iT!!! **Wears Pastor face.. Happy New year Bubba.. and thanks for coming through.. Best Wishes.. xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Duru,

    This post was hilarious as usual, but the underlying message was heart-warming. I am sure that your father is proud of you.

    Spot on! @ "we unconsciously become the people we spend most of our time with" It is so true, I've noticed that I've inherited some of my mother's personality.

    Fear evolves into love because of the good intentions of the once-feared person. I find that as we get older, our parents become our friends.

    You gave very meaningful advice and I agree with you, maturity and wisdom must always be applied when relating with our parents. It's better to show them love when we still have them around us.

    I really enjoyed reading this. :-)

    Have a great rest-of-the-week!


    PS: Nepa needs to be flogged with koboko, their palava is embarrassing for a 55-year old country. Haba!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yyyyyaaayyy Nedoux of Laifffee in the Building Ladies and Gentlemen.. Yyyyyaaaayyyy! i CaNNot FriGGing keep calm eh! I just CaNNot! Nedu came through.. yaaaaaassss.. Yaaaaassss... Yessss!!! hehehe **Wears Fine Boy face.. @ "Our Parents Become our friends as we grow older.." Omo! True that oh! I used to be really scared.. Like ghen GhneLY scared of my Father while growing up eh! but now yeah Baby mi.. Insha Allah yeah.. We are good peoples.. Its liek a DREAM :)

      Thank you ssooooo much for coming through Bubba.. your comment ALWAYS and i repeat ALWAYS bring joy to my heart... as in ehhnn.. It always boils my heart like Boiling Ring.. **Wears Fine Boy smile...

      About PHCN!.. Biko Nne.. leRRus leave matter for Mathias oh! these NEPA people are a story with no end sam sam .. Have a great Weekend in Advance Bubba.. Best Wishes xx and thank yopu for blessing me with your Wisdom.. Oshey baDDest :)

      Delete
  6. Wonderful post Bubba. I enjoyed reading as usual

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yyyyyaaaayyy!! Morayo came througH! choi Bubba! Where have you been eh?! Ahan! ah! Eezz not Fair ehh baby mi! you just left me sinceeeee.. DairsigoDoooo.. lmao! Welcome Back Bubbba.. #ItcanonlybeGOD

      Delete
  7. Happy new year Duru and the Confused gang.


    This post was a good read. It made me remember a kind of puzzling statement in a literature class, 'the child is the father of the man'. That time when you are able to get a glass of water for your dad, now you are growing up. And even at this point your maturing and wisdom never out wits theirs.

    I wish everyone a happy and steady soaring this 2016.

    Aside: is this gang still confused? Lols!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "And even at this point your maturing and wisdom never out wits theirs" Hmmnn! King Chukwuma.. Very deep words sir.. Very Deep words! Thank you for your ever insightful Comments.. After you na you oh Jagaban! **Throws Both hands in the air outta respect.. :) Thank you for coming through Boss.. You na Man..

      Happy New Year to you too sir.. Best Wishes Today and always.. Oshey Boss!

      Delete
  8. Bia dis is more than 7mins lol
    How dy?
    Fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YyyyyyyaaaayyY!! beautiful Buiti in the Building ladies and Gentlemen.. Chhhopooii!! All my MVP's on one Post.. iBlush.. :) I am well oh mama.. Congratulations again and welcome back..xx Yyyyaaaayy! #BuitiIsBack :)

      Delete
  9. Bia dis is more than 7mins lol
    How dy?
    Fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy new year Duru. Miss you

    -Teekay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yyyyyyyaaayy! TeeKaayy! Happy New Year Bubba.. I miss you like Kilode.. Where are you nah?! Please come back soon.. hey! You should call me oh :)

      Delete
  11. Your dad did a great job raising you and I'm sure you'll be a good father as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww Luxxxxyy of Laifee! How Kind of You.. Ya just an amazing Lady Lux.. Choi! Duru be Tripping for Days **covers face.. Thank you so much My Happiness.. I do Pray I can be even Half the great father he is sev.. xx Do have a great week ahead Nne.

      Delete
  12. Going down memory lane and being nostalgic is fitting indeed. As you have rightly said, its the people we have around us while growing up that tend to shape our ways and views. And it's good that you are coming full circle, putting pieces together to make a picture of the boy you were, and the man you would like to become -in this case, a resemblance of your father, of his ways and morals. This is good, and it may well turn out to be a turning point in your life this year, and as you journey to this path of being a man -with goals and dreams, I wish you nothing but success.
    You were raised by a great man, so go forth and be even greater.

    Peace*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww.. Thanks King BlogoraTTi sir.. This comment means plenRRy plenRRy to me.. GOD bless you sir..

      "and it may well turn out to be a turning point in your life this year"

      To the above yeah.. Sincerely sir.. I guess so! I guess slowly but surely yeah.. I am getting to that point of acceptance and reality.. That Junior is just no longer a boy.. but will soon have his own son! Thank you for your ever indepth Comments that always bring laiiffee sir.. You Rock Boss.

      Happy New Year sir.. Best Wishes Jagaban.. Udo.

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Awww.. Thank you my Favour Milo.. #ItcanonlybeGOD :)

      Delete
  14. Awww...I love this. It's true we need to love our parents more! We're you that bad as a kid?? Haha ..I enjoyed reading this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheheh "Bad" is an understatement sev.. i was Terrible.. **covers face.. **In Your Amazing Words.. Thank GOD for GOD.

      Thanks for coming By Zee.. Just went by your Blog aannnndddd You are an Amazing child.. **Rubs Palms togeRRa! aYaf a good feeling about the You and I eh Bae **Wears Cheeky smile.

      Delete
  15. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete