Monday, 25 January 2016

You vs You!



Hiya Gang! Whats up?! Whaattttss up?! Okay! I know I am a bit slow on Music yeah! But Sorry by Justin Bieber eezz currently bursting my medula Oblangat of laiiffee!!! Choi! I mean that track is FriGGing awesomeeee to the Tee gang! I particularly love how that Young man has matured from just a Boy doing crap and geRRing into trouble and spitting on people.. into a young man singing Sensible lyrics.. I guess we all finally to get to that point soon! **Wears Cheeky smile.. Don’t worry nah.. Very soon.. Duru sef wihh start to sing.. as apparently eh.. Singing is a sign of Maturity.. **Clears throat! 

Oya Gist me biko Time.. How was your weekend gang?! Lit!! I Hope?! Oya pray do tell oh! Who did what?! Who pursued woman and was successful?! Confession time.. Who got engaged to or Toasted?! Lie not mbok! Just tell me as it eezz! You know I can take it all nah. **Pops Collar and wears evil smile… We badt like that! ehhnn.. aYaf Gist for y'all.. Bet you will be proud **Sits up on Jangolova chair.. So in the line of growing up yeah.. I had to fight a major Temptation of Life this morning.. heheheh you needed to see me eh! I was shaking like a jelly fish all in the name of "Dont Do it" ehenn?! do you think it is easy ni? :p… And considering that I won eh! aYam feeling like a Frigging Angel with Wings right now.. So please call me St. Duru the 1st all through today.. ** Singing You Cant touch this By MC Hammer! "taaa ta-da-da-da.. Ta-da ta-da Cant touch this.. heheh



So Insha Allah yeah.. a couple of days ago.. I looked at my room door and it hit me that aYam gonna be 25 in a couple of months.. 11 months  6 days to be precise! chisosss!!! Omo ehhnn!! Eez not a joking things sam sam oh!! As realizing that nearly gave son of man a Heart attack. I read this somewhere eh! But "I cannot believe that I used to call people that were 24 years old Adults".. aha! What was I thinking?! If you call me an Adult now ehnn! I wihh  give you Konk :( Plus does anyone know where they sell Manuals for how to grow up?!


So.. ehhmm.. I have been feeling a bit one kain in the days past! Fighting one too many battles I guess.. as it feels like when something good comes to play! someone just comes out of nowhere and bam!! He tries to mar it all **Crying in Greek :'(.. But what’s sad is not what the SOMEONE does.. but that the someone is me myself and I! I mean how can I friGGing be my own Driving force and my own Brakes?! How can I be my own Angel and my own Demon?! I just don’t geRRit gang! Aswear down.. I dont.


Growing up through my eyes is a bloody confusion in the sense that stuff happen and I just wonder why?! But I saw Creed (sequel of the Rocky Balboa movie) last Saturday.. and it made me realize that in this life that we are ehnn.. We have series of enemies.. but amongst all the enemies that we have yeah! Only 1 is strong enough to defeat us and keep us down.. and that one is us.


Think about it Gang! How many times have you told yourself that you aren’t good enough for that Job?! How many times have you told yourself you don’t deserve that Lady/guy?! How many times have you talked yourself out of a potential MONEY making idea or say that you are undeserving of wealth.. fame or success?! How many times have you told yourself that greatness and good things aren’t for you all to be left with nothing but regret?! Check it nah?! Please do check.

So in the light of my confusions today.. I implore you and I.. the both of us!!! to make a conscious and ghen ghen decision to ourselves to "Think about what we are thinking about“. to become better than our fears! To not dwell on our emotions as they can ruin us.. to accept the graces and favors GOD almighty brings our way… To not be subject to grief or fear or what the world says! Cause daily.. as I wake.. as I live.. as I thrive.. Life is teaching me that the battle field is in my mind.. and my only contender is myself.


Thank you for the past 7 minutes of your time Gang! You do us a great honor with your time! My prayer for you this week is that the people of the world will not come and goan steal your original Samsung Charger when you goan groove. That thing can pain shaaaa!! **Sheds lone tear. 

Picture source; Google and @Duru John de Beloved on FaceBook


**Whispers.. I copied the below trick (Ig and Twitter) from Janyl Benyl shaa..  she frosh like that **Shines Teeth.. Sooo..; 

Instagram/Twitter; @youngandconfusedafrica

#Udo #ItcanonlybeGOD

21 comments:

  1. Let me confess, the reason I like reading you is because you make me laugh soo much but you also make me nod my head from time to time and say bobo yi o wise gan.

    Lol @ 25 in a couple of months (the couple of months turns out to be 11 months!) But the twenty fifth birthday turn up will be lit! I trust you na.

    Back to the post, indeed the only person who can truly limit me is ME. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehehehehehh Addddaaaaaaaa!!!!!! I can know how to like this geh faaa! Choi! my Otunne for decades! My Nigga for Years! You know how we roll nah Bubba! the 25th Bash gats to dey Lit oH! As in ehhnn.. I seriously dunno what amma do yet.. But hey! Somehow someway.. We gats Turn uP! heheheheh @11 Months.. No be so I talk 24 own?! nah Insha Allah... e don come e don go!

      Awwwwggh.. thank you so much Ada.. i am really undeserving of your kind words as #ItcanonlybeGOD

      Thank you for Always Otunne.. I mean its being years.. but you still stay forever True.. forever fresh and forever sincere. GOD bless you Nne.. xx

      Delete
  2. 25!!!!! We go turn up wella ooooo,Yeah we are our greatest enemy. But we alone have the ability to overcome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oshey! King Ice in the Building Yyyyyyoooo!!! ma Nigga For Years! What Gwan Boss?! yes oh! Hopefully yeah Bruvvv.. that 25th Birthday gats to dey Lit for States oh! heheheh Bottles Everywhere.. Ladies Everywhere... Dim Lights Kinda ish **Covers Face..

      True That Boss.. "We alone have the Ability to Overcome Fear"! You this Boy you know Book sha oh! Asin Your comments are always Full of subtle wisdom.. Blessings sir! and Thanks for always.

      Delete
  3. Breathe!
    Age is just numbers, it's what you do in between those numbers that count. Trust me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess so Janyl! Hopefully yeah.. in the coming days.. Like Steve Jobs Said.. "The Dots will all connect" somehow someway...

      Thanks for Coming by Janyl.. It feels good to know you will always be here for me.. No Matter Regardless.. Blessings!

      Delete
  4. Lol @ you looked at you door........ Do you have your birth certificate spread over your door? Duru babay, you are not doing bad for a 25 year old pikin!!! possibilities happen when you are your own individual...... Happy birthday in arrears

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehehehehe Nne.. You need to pay me a Visit eh so we can snap a Selfie with my Door.. I mean I literally have my Life mapped out on that Door of life.. I mean so many pins and paper yeah.. that diaRRis little or no space to see wood sevv.. hehehe

      Awwwgghh.. Thank you for your kind words Baby mi.. #ItcanonlybeGOD.. and that line is everything.. @ "possibilities happen when you are your own individual" inshort.. Where is my Biro and NotePad sevv?! I need to write that down for Days...

      Yyyyyaaayy! Thanks for always coming through Sharon of destiny! Your comments always leave me wearing a Mr. Nigerian Smile.. Blessings!

      Delete
  5. Oya nah let me think about what am thinking sharpaly!
    I remember telling kids (am involved but now i am a grown kid) not to call me uncle, bro, sir. It was serious oh. I told them my name oh. So that i will come and be getting old as they call me those heavy titles. Well its just about perception.
    .
    .
    We bring ourselves down by the 'you cannot' and 'its not yet time' mindset. Take these aside then your'self' is subjected to action to accomplish great things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my GOD! this guy is enveloped with Wisdom for dayus shhaaa.. Choi!! True that King Chukwuma.. I mean the last paragraph of your comment is apt to the friGGIng Tee. as Sincerely sir.. the "Its not yet Time" syndromme is not a joking things sam sam oh! I for one believe it is a major draw back to us achieving the success in life that we so desire.

      heheheheheh @ "So that i will come and be getting old as they call me those heavy titles" hehehehhehehehehe Baba say na Heavy Heavy Titles eh! Lmao! hehehe Issorait! The lord be with you.. Dey there dey form forever young!

      Mmaaaaa Nigga! its always Joy to read from you sir.. Thank you for always Chief of Staff.. Blessings!

      Delete
  6. Loving the praying hand picture... It would be my next screensaver.
    Pheezycorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwgghh! Choi! **Sits up on Jangolova Chair! See Fisayomi making my head to come and goan be swelling like Blom Blom! hehehehe iBlush ohhh! inshort with this your washing and setting ehhnn! amma be Blushing for days join.. Thanks baby mi for coming through :)...

      P.S: You can sha know how to make BoRRy to begin to be TotoRRyING siomeboRRy faaa.. lmao.

      xx

      Delete
  7. Lovely post Bubba. I love the You vs You title. We are truly the only one who can determine what next to do...
    BTW, 25th birthday parry is going to soooooo lit! Can't wait till November o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yyyyoooooo!! Morayo of lifeee!!! Thanks for coming by Baby mi.. Choi!! See as ya making my smile to smile smiles of Love.. iBlush for days heheheheh.. Ah! Baby mi.. 25th e haf still far nah! but GOD willing yeah.. O ma pure :)

      Thanks for always baby mi.. You are like a Pillar down here.. Inshort You Rock Mega.. and yep! We decide our Life! We are our own Authors and Critics.

      Blessings Rayo!

      Delete
  8. I love the title and true, the only one who can stop you is you
    November is far mbok let's be planning my own March birthday first

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oshey! march 2016 for the Turn uP Date Yooo!!! heheheh See this child oh! Tactfully drawing my attention to her Birthday of destiny... The Igbo Blood in you is Thick for days oh my Happiness! Oya Pray do Tell oh kia kia.. Where the Turn uP paRRy gonna be at mbok?! Cause I aint missing it once I cant :) Biko Advice oh :)

      Thank you for coming by Esther of Life.. Its always a Delight to read from you my Darling.. Blessings!

      Delete
  9. I remember before I turned 22, I became confused about how old I actually was because it still felt like I was 21, but I have come to realize that no matter how we say age is just a number it indirectly influences how we see ourselves and the world at large, it also influences how we take on the world and its demons. I am happy that you have a deep well of wisdom to help see past your flaws et all. I am glad I know you. Its good to be back here. *in pastor Chris's Voice* Duru you are the best, nothing can stop you, you are shining. Lol I love you muchos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pppprrrrrrraaaiiisssee tha Lawwwdd! Umu Chineke?! Ehhh! **Sits up on Jangolova Chair! issalie! asin issalliiee! Shuo!!! SuSu.. So you remembered me.. **Dancing Alingo! hehehe kai! aYaf missed you like 20 Missed calls from my father Baby mi.. Hafa nah my Happiness?! How you been?! Choi! eezz not a Joking things oH!! Yyyyyaaayyyy My Baby came through :) I likeeeyyy!!

      @"that no matter how we say age is just a number it indirectly influences how we see ourselves and the world at large"

      I mean the extract above is different shades of wisdom all culminated into one Suzanne.. and you are right.. No matter how young we try to Stay.. Age works and will always work its magic on our Psyche :( Sad reality Bubba.. Sad Reality :(

      Thanks for coming by my Happiness.. Choi!! aYaf missed you eh! You need to see me smiling like Titus Fish here.. Yyyyyaaayyy! Suzanne in the building Yoooo!!! hehehe xx

      Delete
  10. So much said in a post. So much truth. First Justin Beiber (yeah, I'm also listening all the time), and about growing up. I hope we can hit the pause button sometimes. :)

    Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yoooo!! Luxxxy of Destiny in the Building yo!!!! iLikeyyy! heheheh

      True that Bubba.. All this Growing up something used to Tire someboRRy sometimes.. as i wish i could just pause and take a second to just enjoy the moment without all the many many pressure :(

      Thanks for always Bubba.. Your comments always leave me shying like a shy fish.. and Blushing like a boy who just kissed a girl for the first time.. hehehe **covers face in shyness :) xx

      Blessings :)

      Delete
  11. Duru the wise 24.09 year old!

    As usual underneath all your humour, there's a deep message. You posts always cheer me up but when I take time to look closer there are words of wisdom embedded within.

    You are right, sometimes, we our main opponent in the battle for success and relevance. Our fears keep limiting our capabilities.

    Growing up comes with both its freedoms and its many challenges, it sucks sometimes. Lol

    This post is very encouraging, thank you for sharing.

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete