Sunday, 29 May 2016

Happy Birthday Barr. Duru


Dear Daddy,

Words are just not enough for me to show gratitude to you sir.. for what you have done in my life and for all of us your Children. You are my Father.. my Rock.. my Shield.. my Hope.. my Motivator.. my Source.. my Teacher.. the reason for my existence.. Sir.. you are my Everything.

Time and time again Dad.. I have seen you put your life on hold just so as to set mine in motion.. I have seen you go Naked just so I could wear the finest of clothes.. I have seen you trek the streets of Lagos.. and Travel under the Harshest of Conditions around Nigeria.. Just so I can fly the world over.. and at each of these times Sir.. I am reminded.. I am reminded that you are not just my father… you are my everything.. my Air.. my Life.. my ALL!


A lot of times I have fallen.. a lot of times I have been lost in the crowd.. a lot of times I have been confused about the man I am.. but at each of these times Dad.. you have been here to hold my hand and point me in the right direction.. Words are not enough Daddy.. words are just not enough.

What father figure could best define you?! This I currently ponder on... But then it hits me Sir.. that None comes close. I know I am far from being the perfect son Dad.. As I have been as inconsistent as the British weather; being at a time in my life tooooo much of a Dreamer.. at another time sir.. too much of a money chaser.. at another time sir.. and at this time sir.. I am too Ambitious and stubborn.. but the part which gets me the most is that at all of these various times Daddy.. you have always been one thing and one thing alone to me.. A PERFECT FATHER patiently watching his Junior grow. 


I love you Barrister Adolphus Duru.. and nothing comes close. I know I am stubborn.. confused and more or less not the perfect of children.. but you are and will always be the best and most perfect of Fathers. Thank you Daddy.. for seeing Gold in me.. even when all I see in me is Stainless steel.

I am proud to call you Father.



Your Son,
Duru Adolphus Jnr.


#Udo #ItcanonlybeGOD

9 comments:

  1. HAPPPPPPY BIRTHDAY TO BAR. DURU.
    GOD BLESSSSSS HIM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwggh! Thank you CPC! I loovveeee you!!!!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday to your dad by the way.
    I'm sure he's prouder of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwewwggh! Luxxy of life.. You and these your ever sweet words! You get me like a playstation gets a Kid! You Rock Luxxy! Aswear you do :) Thank youuu!!!

      Delete
    2. Your reply made me smile. You keep rockin', kid!

      Delete
  3. Happy belated birthday to Barr. Duru Snr. Age with grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Sharon Stone of Destiny! How are you Nne?! Oya.. lemme appear at yours straight away :)

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday to your dad. I am sure he's proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think So Sykik?! I pray so daily Nne.. How are youuuuu!!! Its been a minute eh **Wears Puppy face.. we sure have plenRRyyy catching up to do :)

      Delete