Monday, 16 May 2016

For Queen and for Country...

Source

**Deep sigh.. I open my Facebook page.. and all I see is pain.. I see status updates about how the size of the Beef in Gala has reduced in size.. I see memes questioning who was a better leader… PMB or GEJ, I see pictures of long petrol Queues.. I see my people suffering. I see pain.

I open my YouTube Page… and I see videos of Ayo Touring the world.. making money from his craft internationally.. I see videos of Politicians analyzing the reason why subsidy must stay or go.. I see videos of how the Western World  is more interested in resolving BH than my very own leaders are.. I see pain.. I see confusion.. and when I remember that barely moments ago.. I saw Ayo Touring the world.. It hits me that we all seek some sort of Escape.. a way to leave and try to never come back. But Home is Home.. I will not run away.


I think I am too passionate about my country to never want to go back.. I think its cause I believe in her too much.. I think its cause I know the potential that is Nigeria and Nigerian's.. I think its cause its my home.. But how long.. How long shall we continue to live in pain and shear confusion?

Papa tells me all the time.. that there was a Country.. a country flowing with Milk and Honey.. a Country undivided.. a Country where Tribes were United in Diversity.. A country where there were Rich people.. Average People.. and not so average people.. a country where there were scholarships awarded to Excellent Students and not to relatives of Government officials.. a country were I was free to have a voice without fear of suppression. Oh! Papa.. what has happened to my Nation.. To our Nation?!

Source

I have been in this Onyibo land for nearly 12 weeks now.. and behold I have seen.. that there is nothing the Great Britain is that we cannot be as Nigeria.. if only we would understand the need to help one another.. if only we would realize that we need one another to thrive.. if only we would realize that we need to respect one another's needs, lacks and wants… if only we begin to recognize that the life of every of our citizen matters... every single one. Oh! My Country.. Will we ever be great again?!

I would want to address this note to the leaders.. Typical JdB without leaving the shores of Nigeria would.. but I have seen maybe not enough of the world.. but at least a fragmented tiny part of it.. enough to understand that the Citizens are much more powerful than the Government..  to see that the citizens decide the direction of every nation.. to see that if the citizens had 1 voice on a subject.. the government would have no resolve than to follow.. I have seen that the Citizens make up the Government.

Source

**Deep Sigh.. I know this note is all over the place with no specific solution in sight.. But How I can I proffer a solution when the exact cause of the pain my people currently go through can not be specified?  So what can I do? what can we do?! How long more will we continue to live in pain and fear of one another?! BH in the North.. Militants in the Creeks.. and now Herdsmen in the East. Oh! Nigeria.. where is the Glory of your Days past?! For today.. it is no longer for Queen and For Country that we must make the right decisions.. it is for us and our Families. Oh my Country.. Arise!! Wake up.. and see.. that we can be great again.. only if we choose to be. Oh my Country.. just as there was a Country.. let us re-write our Future.
 
Source
P.S: These thoughts are not be misconstrued.. they are simply thoughts of the Author.. and not a mode of inciting emotions.

Instagram; @youngandconfusedafrica


#Udo #ItcanonlybeGOD

10 comments:





  1. A doctor entered the hospital in hurry after being called in for an urgent surgery. He answered the call asap, changed his clothes & went directly to the surgery block. He found the boy's father pacing in the hall waiting for the doctor. On seeing him, the dad yelled:
    "Why did U take all this time to come? Don't U know that my son's life is in danger? Don't U have any sense of responsibility?
    Th...e doctor smiled & said: "I am sorry, I wasn't in the hospital & I came as fast as I could after receiving the call...... And now, I wish you'd calm down so that I can do my work"
    "Calm down?! What if your son was in this room right now, would U calm down? If your own son dies now what will U do??" said the father angrily
    The doctor smiled again & replied: "I will say what Job said in the Holy Book "From dust we came & to dust we return, blessed be the name of God". Doctors cannot prolong lives. Go & intercede for your son, we will do our best by God's grace
    "Giving advises when we're not concerned is so easy" Murmured the father. The surgery took some hours after which the doctor went out happy,
    "Thank goodness!, your son is saved!" And without waiting for the father's reply he carried on his way running. "If U have any question, ask the nurse!!"
    "Why is he so arrogant? He couldn't wait some minutes so that I ask about my son's state" Commented the father when seeing the nurse minutes after the doctor left.

    The nurse answered... Read more »




    ReplyDelete
  2. So may people going through pain lately. No one's exempted.
    I pray for healing for everyone.

    You have a good heart, Duru.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Luxxy.. Its really Sad.. We pray for grace.. and for more grace for us and ours.. How are you Nne.. Thank you for your kind words.. you have me wearing an #ItcanonlybeGOD kinda smile.. :)

      Delete
  3. It has been a tough year so far for Nigerians. I wish we all can join hands and turn Nigeria into the envy of the western world.

    How obodo oyinbo? Greet Mama Charlie for me.....did you attend her 90th baiday celebration?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Mzz Sykik.. It breaks my heart that Nigeria ALWAYS HAS TO TRY TO SURVIVE.. I mean Year in Year out Nne.. We aint Growing.. we are surviving.. It Breaks my Heart Nne..

      Obodo Onyibo is going great.. I am still looking for geh friend sha.. But we are making progress. I am currently Timing South Africans :)

      Delete
  4. Hmmmmm.. This country is not a place to be right now







    FAVOURMOYSE BLOG  

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Favour Milo.. I can only Imagine the hardship of Now.. It is well Nne.. :(

      Delete
  5. Such thoughtful and passionate write-up. While you hope on that change, persevere to be part of the change. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwgghh! look who the Cat dragged in! You do know i will FOREVER treasure this comment dont you! Thank you Tata :) xx

      Delete
  6. A very thought-provoking post with a message that's so relevant considering the current National challenges. ☺

    It's as though problems keep piling up digging themselves even deeper.

    Our country is ours, it owns us and we own it. Though sometimes we have a love-hate relationship, we must continue to pray and work towards making the milk and honey flow again.

    Beautiful post. Thanks for sharing.

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete